Louis Vuitton: style icon or passe

lets try and put the counterfeits aside....:wink:

LV is (no matter what) a CLASSIC... and that will never change.
the bag you got is great. i also have it in 55cm and i love itB)

did you guys know that LV takes special orders? I did not. but when I went in the store today looking for a 30 Speedy in myrtille epi, I was dismayed to learn that for some silly reason they don't make it in the 30, only the 25. but the lovely SA informed me that LV often makes made to order bags and while they do cost more depending on the special-ness of the request and require time, in my case it probably won't be much more or that long. and it will be made especially for me! how cool! I've been relatively uninterested in LV for a while now but my enthusiasm is reignited.

^

Oh yea, that happened to me before too. I was looking for the Epi snoufflot in vanilla but it was sold out by then. The SA volunteered to get it made specially for me, but I could not carry the deal through as I was flying off at that time.

That said, I think LV will always be around.

Fakes not withstanding, they do have a lot of classic bags and designs that will last forever.
My personal favourites are the Epi and Suhali. :smile:

LilyGirl said:
did you guys know that LV takes special orders? I did not. but when I went in the store today looking for a 30 Speedy in myrtille epi, I was dismayed to learn that for some silly reason they don't make it in the 30, only the 25. but the lovely SA informed me that LV often makes made to order bags and while they do cost more depending on the special-ness of the request and require time, in my case it probably won't be much more or that long. and it will be made especially for me! how cool! I've been relatively uninterested in LV for a while now but my enthusiasm is reignited.

yup their special orders are amazing...
i saw a pic of a customized croc alma... :heart: :blush:

chiangsi1980 said:
^

Oh yea, that happened to me before too. I was looking for the Epi snoufflot in vanilla but it was sold out by then. The SA volunteered to get it made specially for me, but I could not carry the deal through as I was flying off at that time.

That said, I think LV will always be around.

Fakes not withstanding, they do have a lot of classic bags and designs that will last forever.
My personal favourites are the Epi and Suhali. :smile:

I agree. LV has been around since the 1800s (I think?) and they have a proven track record. Will Chloe, Balenciaga, Mulberry bags pass the test of time and continue to be popular in the next 50 years? I'm not sure....

Actually, I was thinking the same thing last night. I haven't even been in the LV store in NYC in months because I was so bored and I can't stand being told that there's a wait list for a bag even before I know the name of it. :lol:

Anyway... last night I was watching the movie Private Benjamin (Goldie Hawn, 1980) and there she is carrying a LV Speedy! I was thinking, wow they're going to be around forever!

Yes, LV does do special orders!

I S/O'ed a Damier Cabas Piano... can't wait to receive it!

the LV SA just told me I can't get the 30 Speedy in Epi myrtille. boo hoo. still love LV though.

I am thinking of special ordering a Speedy in Damier. What do you all think? I'm sick of the myriad of monogram Speedies.

kare2711 said:
I am thinking of special ordering a Speedy in Damier. What do you all think? I'm sick of the myriad of monogram Speedies.
Thats sounds nice, the Speedy and Damier would compliment each other I think.

Does it cost extra to special order? Can you order seasonal prints? I want that Graffiti sooo bad, its the only LV print I totally love oh and I would get the Speedy in the Cerises with one big cherry on either side.

ahh, everyone should have a damier speedy!!
if you're thinking about it, GO FOR IT, i say.. :smile:
i have the 25..i just got it last week (after waiting 7 months...FINALLY!!!) and i can't explain how much i love the bag.. it's not as in your face as the monogram, but it's just as classic...

special orders are GENERALLY 30% more than retail (my 25 came to $685..though i ordered it before the price increas, and it was SUPPOSED to be $655 when i ordered it.. i thought that sucked that the price went up for my SOed bag...lol but what's $30 when you're spending over $600, you know? ), but i'm sure it varies by complexity....i haven't looked into it more than just ordering my speedy. i always wondered if you could special order a speedy in vernis......that would be scrumptious!

and pic of mine:

Attachments

• speedy03.jpg
    speedy03.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 10
  • speedy06.jpg
    speedy06.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't recall seeing the -Cerise on one item- on big bag items. If they don't have such prints, then you can't SO it.

Ooooh, that's a very lovely Speedy! Think the next time I get to LV, I will just have to SO this!

Thanks! :flower: to all. Think I'll just have to get the Damier Speedy, :blush:

kare2711 said:
I don't recall seeing the -Cerise on one item- on big bag items. If they don't have such prints, then you can't SO it.

Ooooh, that's a very lovely Speedy! Think the next time I get to LV, I will just have to SO this!
My sister is offering to get me any graduation gift I want. So I called LV to see if I could get the Graffiti done in the Musette style, but you can't get out of season prints :cry:. I could do the Cerises, but my heart isn't into it.

The Speedy looks great in the Damier, they should make that non special order, but then your's wouldn't be rare...:P

sec said:
Graffiti is passe, that's for sure.
:o It is not, I think it's so very cool, it's a contradiction that you're wearing a LV that has spraypaint all over it.

...you can special order cerise pieces??
that's news to me!! but i would imagine not for long, if you can, since they're going to stop manufacturing them soon...
i also heard that MC can be special ordered... but mostly i've heard it couldn't be not at all.....
i have to go there one day and just talk with the SO manager to look at the SO book and see what can and can't be done...lol

agirlcalledk1ll said:
...you can special order cerise pieces??
that's news to me!! but i would imagine not for long, if you can, since they're going to stop manufacturing them soon...
i also heard that MC can be special ordered... but mostly i've heard it couldn't be not at all.....
i have to go there one day and just talk with the SO manager to look at the SO book and see what can and can't be done...lol

wow if i had the money
id SO a cerise speedy in 30 with huge cherries like the ones on keepalls...
and use red lizard leather for trimming/handles...
now that would be :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julovw
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->