Lula F/W 10.11 : Charlotte Gainsbourg by Nan Goldin

thank you tarsha for all the eds :flower:
it's really a beautiful issue, i never bought Lula, always found it too girly for my taste, but this issue looks really interesting, almost feel that it has more edge to it, but still keeps that dreamy aesthetic.
anyway this issue sold out everywhere, good luck finding it.:huh:

If I Could Read Your Mind
Arlenis Sosa by Karen Collins

myfdb

Seemed Like The Thing To Do
Lydia Hearst by Frederike Helwig

myfdb

Under the Pink
Giedre Dukauskaite by Jane McLeish Kelsey

myfdb

Ballet Shoes
Natalie Portman by Atumn de Wilde

myfdb

This is the absolute BEST issue they've put out so far. First of all, I was sold by the cover- Charlotte Gainsbourg is a huge fashion icon and muse for me! The Kirsten story is great, the fact that Laura and Kate edited it is like heaven for me! LOVE IT! <3

i really don't like Charlotte with smoked eyes !!!
and i don't get why they still perform her as a sort of Patti Smith.
she has the potential. but that's way too literal, here.

otherwise, the fashion editorials looks very good.
love a lot of them.
i smell something very 90s in some, the Doug Inglish one has a vibe of early-mid Jalouse days ...
wonder birds is lovely and genius. love how the photog (while playing with the shadows and light) captures the meaningful and desirable details of every outfits ! this picture with the gold dress lying under the sun, near the water ... FABULOUS moment !

Ellie Faning should definitely try to work with David Hamilton .... she has this thing that could make a wonderful duo !! (much more than any other young girls lately, and her sista, too).

if i find it, i'll get this.

Does anyone who lives in the states know if Boarders or Barnes and Nobel is carrying this issue of the magazine?

this issue is sooo good...i didn't think you could make Charlotte look worse than in Antichrist, but hey :heart:

I'm really not convinced by this issue, except the Ellen von Unwerth ed, definitely not their best. It's more common and minimal than before.

I've been searching frantically for this issue all over my city (Toronto). I want a tangible copy in my hands, it's almost a painful longing.

Charlotte Gainsbourg in a dress by the Mulleavy sisters photographed by Nan Goldin. Talk about a dream dinner party.

I have searched for this issue at Barnes & Nobles and Borders all around Seattle.. I have found Lula there in the past and now no luck! Does anyone have any ideas of where I can find this?

I just finally found a copy at my local Barnes and Nobel!!!! I've been searching for ages and just about give up when I spotted it tucked away in a corner. It's weird though, I didn't know Barnes and Nobel carried Lula, I had looked in the past and hadn't found it before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->