Model Behavior [Read post #1 before posting] #10

Discussion in 'Rumor has it...' started by tFS Thread Manager, Aug 21, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. cestmagique

cestmagique you set the scene

Well, then I guess the imagery that the fashion industry is putting out has done its job. Young girls in foreign countries working themselves to the bone is going to summon my empathy... putting on a fur coat (that doesn't belong to them anyway :innocent:) doesn't make the job less physically and emotionally demanding. I respect those models who work to that extent and walk all those shows, I know I couldn't do it myself!

madame_georgiana and mikel like this.
  2. girlandthesea

girlandthesea Member

I don't understand your point. She does/ buys whatever she wants with her hard-earned money. The fact that she is wearing a fur coat certainly does not diminish her efforts, work and discipline. The models are often gifted those things and sometimes instead of actually being paid, which can be problematic since handbags don't pay your rent or your debt to your agency.
    And no, they are not picking tomatoes, but they are earning a living for themselves and their family in a nonetheless difficult industry. Especially that generation of models - they started often at a very young and vulnerable age, had to travel alone and endure pressure.
    Yes, at least there is a perspective of (maybe, one day... or maybe not) earning a lot and living properly but it is not an easy work when you don't have the money to make your life comfortable and give you a safety net - like all work really.

3. Scotty

Scotty Well-Known Member

Tanya made a whole video about it. :lol:

4. FashionPower

FashionPower Active Member

I LIVE for this drama. Even better than the Laura Lee - Manny Mua - Jefree Star feud.
    It's obvious the interview was set up and released just to create buzz and drama over her figure and the magazine. This is exactly how the K clan keeps staying "relevant" by fueling up controversy and making people talk about it. I live for the model's comments who just confirmed she's a privileged model: she shows up backstage late, she can refuse to walk some shows without being banned or back lashed and I even think she has final word on which outfit she gonna wear for some show. Just a reminder that she didn't even attend Victoria Secret's casting while a seasoned model like Izabel Goulart had to show up EVERY SINGLE YEAR.
    You guys are missing the real point tho. Models have NO INFLUENCE or power in this industry. Everything is set up and decided by casting directors, stylists and designers. So it's not like Kendall's going to be banned from HF shows and campaigns. Just remember that she has full support from the most important figures in fashion: Piergiorgio Del Moro & Samuel Ellis (who manage like 90% of the most exclusive brand's runway shows and campaigns casting: Versace, Fendi, Moschino, etc.), Marc Jacobs, Katie Grand, Karl Lagerfeld and Riccardo Tisci (remember that MJ, Chanel and Givenchy were the first shows she booked back in 2014). They just gonna have Kendall sit next to Gigi and Bella in a separate room from where all the other girls are and avoid her getting backstage pictures with those.
    It's hilarious how she refers to 30 shows while she has never been able to book more than 10 cause most brands do not want to get associated with her name & family antics. Had Kris and Kim not been friends with Karl and Riccardo Kendall would have walked like 3 shows per season (Miu Miu and Bottega lol) since 90% of her high fashion work comes from Chanel, Fendi and Givenchy.
    Meanwhile Binx and Lexi are laughing their asses off...
    I can't wait for the next fashion month to start just to see if Kendall's going to book some shows. I can predict Burberry (Riccardo's first show), Versace and Fendi already!

madame_georgiana and mikel like this.
  5. tapenerd

tapenerd Active Member

I'm loving this movement! "Those Girls" are my favorite girls!!

6. JessRubik

JessRubik Active Member

I’m kind of surprised Snejana is defending Kendull. Of all people... :lol:

Benn98 and RedSmokeRise like this.
  7. Armani

Armani Moderator

Ha! I thought I was the only one who was actually paying attention to this drama... To be honest, I didn't know who Gabriel Zamora was before :hardhead:
    Anyways, that's off-topic. If this hasn't been posted, Magdalena is selling a t-shirt that says: "B*tch, do you know how it feels?" in response to Kendall's quote:

gianna likes this.
  8. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Anyway, some of these girls are really hopping on this hype though. I mean, going so far as to design tshirts and cut videos? *Insert Lucille Bluth rolling eyes while sipping on Martini gif here* It's a bit much, surely. Not surprisingly enough, it's the ones whose moment passed years ago. Can't blame them, this is the most exciting thing to happen to their career in some time.

RMDV, 333101, sore and 3 others like this.
  9. Valentine27

Valentine27 Well-Known Member

I think she already caused a lot of drama by herself, she tried to act clean on this one. She doesn't think any less though. At least this is how I felt it.

She was already nowhere to be seen last season, I doubt she will be the season coming.

10. Scotty

Scotty Well-Known Member

Well, Snejana's not wrong. It is the fashion industry that entertains the nepotism mess.

Benn98 likes this.
  11. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

I was surprised to see her approach it so logically, while sounding rather calm. Very unlike Snejana. :lol: Also agree that she's right about the industry being to blame.

JessRubik likes this.
  12. JessRubik

JessRubik Active Member

Exactly why I was surprised! We all know Snejana tends to react to everything emotionally. Reading that post defending Kendull sounding logical coming from her, took me back a little :lol: Perhaps she’s turned a new leaf on instagram.

I love Vlada but I can’t help but cringe at how far she’s taken this whole “those girls” situation. She even made another instagram page dedicated to it :neutral:

Zposen and Benn98 like this.
  13. MissLimaVzla

MissLimaVzla Member

I am living for this drama, and prouf of all #ThoseGirls taking a stand for themselves. I hope this will contribute to the end of Kendull's "career", it's been way too long.

14. Piet Retief

Piet Retief Active Member

Idk, i find it silly at this point.

15. zacatecas570

zacatecas570 Well-Known Member

Vlada and Tanya are doing the situation beyond ridiculous at this point, I think they should give their opinions, drag Kendall and leave it like that, this just brings more attention and that's what Kendall wants.

333101 likes this.
  16. Zposen

Zposen Well-Known Member

Kendall would be stupid to want that kinda of attention. She clarified the issue and it should be left alone at this point. Vlada and the rest doing the most seem desperate and if anything using Kendall's name to grow their social media following.

I think the amazing thing is that none of Kendall peers (with the exception of Ferrata who said that Kendall was lazy lol) commented.... especially certain group like Adwoa, Eddie Campbell... I really expected them to say something (or maybe they will) and I have not read any model unfollowing her on social media. Maybe this current generation is a bit too savvy and understand media manipulation for attention... and sees that Kendall's word could easily be shaped to stir controversy and bring attention to Love Magazine anniversary issue. The only winner in this controversy is Love magazine.

17. EstefaniaAbaddon

EstefaniaAbaddon Well-Known Member

Do you mean Farreta?

Adwoa and Eddie wouldn't say anything because they are daughters of nepotism themselves. Although Eddie is a good model, in my opinion, she does have special treatment too. They would put a target in their heads if they said anything.

I'm more surprised at Carolyn Murphy being on Kendall's side, to be honest. She loves her for some reason.

Vlada is so riding the hype. I would totally support a #thosegirls movement, with current models asking for equal treatment among all professional models (same working hours, same special treatment, same castings). But current models seem to be hiding from all this drama and the only ones speaking are these long gone models from 10/20 years ago that don't model anymore anyway.

Kudos to the ModelAlliance though, they sure threw Kendall against the wall with that open letter! Hahahahah

18. Valentine27

Valentine27 Well-Known Member

Yes and no. Sarah Brannon, Ratner, Irina Djuranovic, Farreta, Luma Grothe, Leomie Anderson, Teddy Quinlivan are not long gone models.

I thought they would react as well... What about Joan Smalls, Cara Delevingne, Cindy Bruna, Imaan Hammam, Shanina Shaik, Riley Montana...?

19. russianelf

russianelf Active Member

Katie Grand is living for all this drama, mama!

Lexi & Binx are probably keeping mum, because they don't wanna get scolded by their agencies for bullying Kendall again lol. The older generation of models clearly has nothing to lose in this, only gain extra hype. And I don't blame them! Everyone's gotta hustle somehow.

mikel likes this.
  20. EstefaniaAbaddon

EstefaniaAbaddon Well-Known Member

I only saw Teddy's and Leomie's, I need the check what the others said! And Teddy's made me quite angry to be honest. She went full on her first and then erased it and made a "we all need to support/be good to each other" post... I miss the old Teddy that wouldn't give a damn and would step up for herself.