Model Behavior [Read post #1 before posting] #10

Discussion in 'Rumor has it...' started by Thread Manager, Aug 21, 2017.

1. KINGofVERSAILLES

KINGofVERSAILLES Utterly-Unknown Member

Has anyone seen Naomi’s new interview show on YouTube? I watched a few minutes of the Nicole Ritchie episode and had to turn it off. Naomi is gorgeous and a rare model who actually deserves to be lauded as an icon, but she has zero skill as a host or interviewer. Absolutely awful!

2. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

Those episodes are my guilty pleasure! :lol: Naomi is pretty bad at cyber conversations but I enjoy the spontaneous nature of it all, Internet crashing during the Marc evening included. Their conversation had some interesting bits that I didn't know, like past attendees at Naomi's birthday parties and the Louis Vuitton jet story.

RedSmokeRise and Littleathquakes like this.
  3. KINGofVERSAILLES

KINGofVERSAILLES Utterly-Unknown Member

Hmm... in that case maybe I'll give the Marc Jacobs one a shot and see if I like it a little better!

4. Littleathquakes

Littleathquakes Well-Known Member

I only watched the one with Cindy Crawford and while she did talk over Cindy in a few parts, I didn't find her to be unintentionally rude to her guest, I attributed it to technology since it's hard to judge when someone's finished, as well as there might be that nanosecond of lag between their connections. I enjoyed watching two icons just having girl chat. I don't know why, but I never saw Cindy being part of the inner circle with Naomi like Naomi is with Linda. So it was nice to see that they're actually close.

dodencebt likes this.
  5. LagerfeldBoy

LagerfeldBoy Active Member

The Marc Jacobs one is the only one I've seen thus far but its really good!! Especially the backstory to how he met Gianni and the jet story for his debut.

RedSmokeRise likes this.
  6. Phuel

Phuel Well-Known Member

Personality aside, I appreciate these candid conversations she’s having since there’s not a note of showbiz phoniness or scripted tacky drama (hello Tyra!) that’s often associated with these sorts of “interviews". She's an alpha which likely intimates lessers but she comes off authentic and genuine in these interviews.

(LOL at both Cindy and her plastering their walls with famous shots of themselves. I get that their work [likely gifted to them by the all the equally iconic photographers] are the stuff of legends that new generations of creatives will study and be inspired by— but goodness, the sheer ego is… both endearing and obnoxious.)

7. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

No better than any of the Real Houseviwes, really.

tapenerd likes this.
  8. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

Naomi will be talking to Christy tonight! I absolutely cannot wait for that live conversation :heart:

Phuel likes this.
  9. Littleathquakes

I know it's a long shot but I hope she interviews Linda.

Vision Ruan and PLAYAGIRL like this.
  10. FashionMuseDior

FashionMuseDior Active Member

Hahaha I thought the same. It reminded me of Suzy Parker's interview in Models by Michael Gross where she said that her sister Dorian had her bedroom full of her modeling pictures from the floor to the roof and she was like "I thought it was the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life".

I'm waiting for the Tyra interview, that would go viral instantly.

11. marsnoop2

marsnoop2 Well-Known Member

I mean, these photographs are works of art given to them by famous photographers, some of which are now deceased. I say better hung in your home than just in some basement archive, God knows if I looked like that I would do the same.

Fiona3, sweetcaress, dsamg and 2 others like this.
  12. apple

apple Well-Known Member

true, I don't see anything wrong in being proud of creating beautiful work and showing it. If you go to a doctor's study you can see their walls full of accomplishments (and rightly so).

13. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

UPDATED: THE VAMPIRE’S WIFE POSTS PHOTOS OF LIBERTY ROSS LOUNGING ILLEGALLY IN CALIFORNIA POPPY RESERVE

written by Charles Manning April 20, 2020

Over the weekend, The Vampire’s Wife — the UK-based, Victorian-inflected fashion brand by Susie Cave, wife of musician Nick Cave — posted a series of photos on their Instagram account showing model Liberty Ross in one of their dresses, lounging with her daughter in the poppy fields in California’s Antelope Valley Poppy Reserve. Located just over an hour North of Los Angeles, the reserve is home to the largest consistent bloom of the state flower, the California Poppy, and is extremely popular with tourists who flock to the area every spring to see the stunning orange flowers in person.

The flowers and their ecosystem are extremely fragile and it is illegal to leave the park’s trails and trample or pick the delicate blooms. Just last year, a number of influencers came under fire for doing just this in their vain and ignorant attempts to take pretty Instagram pics at the expense of the local environment. As more and more people began flocking to the area to mimic their favorite influencers, tremendous damage was done and numerous articles appeared condemning the actions of people more interested in selfies than in following the rules or preserving natural beauty.

When The Vampire’s Wife posted the photos of Ross lounging in the poppies over the weekend, they were careful not to include a geo tag or mention the Antelope Valley Poppy Reserve in any of their captions, although the location is easily recognizable to anyone familiar with the area, even if they’ve never actually been there themselves. “California Poppy time!!” wrote the usually extremely woke Karla Welch under one of the photos.

Last night, a series of comments appeared on the posts calling them out as irresponsible and asking that they be taken down lest they encourage others to take similar illegal actions at the expense of the environment. The Vampire’s Wife deleted those comments and left the photos.

“I was surprised when I saw the photos taken in the fields, because this issue got so much attention last year,” said Jennifer Dawson, the California resident who’s comments were deleted by The Vampire’s Wife. “I left a few comments stating that it was bad for the poppies and advising them that it was illegal to do this on public lands in the United States. I asked them them to delete the campaign in order to protect the ecosystem for future generations to enjoy and to prevent copycats from wreaking further havoc. Instead, the next time I checked their account, I had been blocked.”

The Daily reached out to The Vampire’s Wife this morning, but they did not immediately return our request for comment.

UPDATE: A representative from The Vampire’s Wife issued the following statement via email:

The Vampires Wife would like to confirm that these images and dress were in fact from over two years ago, this is not a new style of dress or image – but one that we sought to bring joy to those who saw it. We apologise for any offence caused and would like to highlight that these images were taken prior to the ban of visiting these poppy fields [sic]

Unfortunately, their statement sort of misses the point. This isn’t about personal offense. It’s about proper respect and care for a delicate ecosystem. By posting these photos, The Vampire’s Wife is making an implicit endorsement of the activities displayed therein and runs the very real risk of encouraging others to go take their own damaging off-trail photos. What’s more, the rule explicitly prohibiting going off-trail in California preserves and reserves actually went into effect on January 1, 2018, which, according to The Vampire’s Wife’s own statement, was before these photos were taken. The Vampire’s Wife and Liberty Ross might not have been aware of these rules two years ago, but they certainly are now (at least, The Vampire’s Wife is) and even so, ignorance of the law does not exempt one from having to following it (that’s a law, too).

It is also worth noting that commercial photography in reserves and preserves is strictly prohibited. That’s one of the reasons so many influencers got in trouble this time last year, because they were using the poppy fields as backdrops for their sponsored content. While these particular photos were not taken expressly for the purpose of promoting The Vampire’s Wife’s clothing, they are now being used for marketing purposes by the brand, which would seem to put them in something of a grey area usage-wise, even if the photo shoot itself was otherwise above board, which it was not.

The Vampire’s Wife’s statement also neglects to address the fact that they not only deleted the comments alerting them to the environmental issues surrounding these photos, but blocked the person making them. This is certainly within their rights to do, but it makes their statement about not wishing to cause offense ring a little false.

And in case you think this is all just a bunch of fuss about nothing, take a look at this video and all the other natural wonders destroyed by tourists just out for a good photo.

At the end of the day, we are custodians of this planet and we could all stand to do better by it, if not for ourselves than for the earth itself and all the generations yet to come. To paraphrase American writer, poet, and cultural critic, Wendell Berry, the world is not given to us by our fathers, but borrowed from our children. Let’s make sure we give it back to them in the best condition possible and remember that 20 years from now, a gorgeous, healthy meadow full of poppies will be of much greater value to them than a few pretty Instagram posts of a now barren field.

Fashionweekdaily

14. dsamg

dsamg Well-Known Member

New stories on idiots every day...honestly, can these people ever just use common sense?

Benn98 likes this.
  15. sixtdaily

sixtdaily Well-Known Member

Naomi's face at 00:58 when Anna called her "African American"

Phuel and RedSmokeRise like this.
  16. anaa lpz

anaa lpz Well-Known Member

When I first watched it, I thought her reaction was caused by the racism of the story not being called African American. Huh, interesting. I mean, it might be both things.

Did any of you guys watch her interview with Karlie? I kinda hate the way Karlie speaks these days. She always sounds so scripted, even when doing something more casual like this. And now she also sounds so elitist all the time. God, it was so annoying.
    And also, when speaking about her management, the whole "I don't work for my agent, my agent works for me" had me rolling my eyes. Did you just guess that? Took you long enough.
    I still love her as a model, but this persona she has going on...I can't stand it.

Annie Hall, Benn98, Tinna and 2 others like this.
  17. donvalmont

donvalmont Member

100%.

A great majority of models in her position head to that direction, because they don't know if they should be themselves by personality or simply play a role to make them likable/reputable. And by her "dropping everything and going back to school" should have helped her socially to be more in the alignment to want you want to portray. Thank you for sharing your views.

modela and anaa lpz like this.
  18. Littleathquakes

So...you guys are just starting to be annoyed by Karlie? I always hated her attempt at being a fierce runway walker, but the minute she became besties with Taylor Swift, she became even more cringe.

19. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

LOL, I was still hoodwinked until very recently when I started paying attention to her exploits. Plus her print work, in general, has taken a huge nosedive. That HF edge is gone.

In other news:

Kendall Jenner has agreed to pay $90,000 to settle a lawsuit over an Instagram post promoting Fyre Festival, the 2017 music event that never happened.
    The U.S. Bankruptcy Court’s Gregory Messer sued Jenner in August 2019. He’s recovering money from creditors that lost money investing in the festival. Jenner was paid $275,000 for a since deleted Instagram post promoting the festival. Other models and influencers who promoted the festival included Emily Ratajkowski and Bella Hadid.
    The Fyre Festival was organized by Billy McFarland and Ja Rule and has been the subject of documentaries on Hulu and Netflix.

20. Phuel

Phuel Well-Known Member

Mark my words, Karlie is prepping for a career in politics— or as a First Lady. She’s really that obnoxiously manipulative with her branding.

LOL have never met any Black individual that identifies themselves as “African-American”… Every Black person I’ve known/know identifies as Jamaican/Kenyan/Somalian/Congolese/Trinidadian/Sudanese— or you know, Black. Just like I’ve never met/known any gay/trans identify as LGBTXYZ+. I swear, the so-called progressive-liberal types just end up segregating/dividing people further when they come up with these labels— and embarrassing themselves when they call us these silly labels.

Littleathquakes and RedSmokeRise like this.