Model Casting F/W 06.07

fleur137 said:
yes please! i'm really missing her at the shows....

Yeah, wow, Elise is definitely at the top of my 'where the hell is she?' list. She did a few shows in new york, but nada in Milan. Along with Tiiu, who I think has done a grand total of 2 shows in Milan. Also, Marta Berzkalna is being seriously underused compared to previous seasons.

AshtonK said:
Why do you think Snejana is "ruining" it for everybody? I think she's one of the most unique and striking models out there; definitely more so than Freja (cutely simian at best) and Sasha (no-holds-barred ugly, in my opinion).

I put ruining between ' ' on purpose, because I mean that those three are doing such an extreme ammount of shows that I feel that they are not leaving enough space for others. Out of the three I mentioned, I think Snejana is the most beautiful as well, but I just feel that she is getting overexposure this season. That is why I feel she is 'ruining' it for others.

And even though I think Snejana is beautiful, she cannot walk like a model should. Same with Freja and Sasha who both are way worse than Snejana, though. Those last two wobble, place their feet incorrectly and Sasha doesn't know how to control her upperlimbs :blink: Plus, she walks like a horse! The only time when she looked like she slightly fitted in with the other models, was in the Dior SS 06 show, when she had her hands in the pockets of her skirt.

PS: Tanya is 15 and I think she is beautiful:

00040m.jpg

www.style.com

Does anyone else feel the sense of panic when reading through this thread :ninja:

The problem is the girls who have come out of nowhere who sporatically show up at big shows, taking away space from the models who are doing them.

These models are taking over quickly, its almost sort of a revolution where they are trying to get all the top girls out, and changing them to these robots.

I sit at a table of all boys at lunch, all three of whom I consider friends/good friends. I was reading my February Harper's Bazzar and one of my friends decided to critique the girls in the editorials and advertisments. He thought that all of them- except for Gisele Bundchen for Louis Vuitton- were hideous. Even the ones that get rants and raves on tFs, like Doutzen and Natalia V.

This was alarming, as this friend is also one of my biggest fans when it comes to my modeling career. I have been called a Tyra Banks/Kate Moss hybrid in the past (Looks like Tyra, body almost exactly like Kate's), and anyone who has seen my pictures on myspace, (they were taken by a man who has photographed the likes of Angelina Jolie) would say that I am much more, erm, interesting looking than Ms. Banks is. Does this mean that I will be basically doing mainstream and a bit of high fashion/editorial work, like Emanuela De Paula, just because I am a little bit of what the normal man would consider attractive?

My goal is to break the mold of this ugly girl trend, and who knows? With Hilary Rhoda and Felicity Gilbert appearing on the scene, there is more of a chance for 'pretty' girls to come back.

OK, I'm not liking this article so much:
from models.com, highlighting new Prada face Daiane:
d02.jpg

Daiane/Supreme. Image courtesy of Supreme
A clear message was telegraphed by the Prada FW 06 casting and it was that a stable of the tried and true “cool girls” had hit their expiration date (at least for this house), while a radical new ideal was forming. Very reflective of this stronger, less mainstream aesthetic was the 3 turns taken by sensational Brazilian find, Daiane Conterato. The 15 year old 5′ 10″ model was spotted by Supreme head Paul Rowland during the Christmas break in Brazil and her world debut on that Prada runway means the blue chip bookings are lining up. Stay tuned, because all (and we mean ALL) the directional eyes are on this girl!

What right does one designer, Miuccia Prada, who sure has influence, but certainly isn't the whole fashion world, have to decide that the tried and tested girls of the industry are no longer cool, just because she doesn't cast them for her mediocre show??? I'm not buying it.

The Prada show is very helpful to a girls career because they are extremely selective. Selectiveness gives others a sense of "specialty". There are top girls who have never walked a prada show ever, but a girl who walked the prada show, but maybe only 2 others career booms because of that.

Sometimes you more or less want what you cant have, but when you can have it, its appeal drains away.

Callidora said:
OK, I'm not liking this article so much:
from models.com, highlighting new Prada face Daiane:
Different is cool, and I can appreciate many of the more unconventional beauties of the last few seasons, but this is becoming ridiculous. That girl looks about as average and plain as they come. :huh:

I sort of like Daine. Its okay to have the occasional different in fashion, but when everyone looks like that, its very worrying :|

Fashion tends to swing to extremes; when it gets tired of one, it heads in the completely opposite direction. In the recent past, most of the headlining models had very pretty, child-like faces (namely Stam, Heather Marks, Gemma Ward, Lisa Cant, Caroline Trentini, etc, etc.).

Now the new, upcoming girls have sort of plainer faces, I'd even go so far as to say "rougher" (some of them have some pretty jutting brow bones and protruding cheekbones), which is a sharp contrast (compared to the big eyes and rounder faces of the past). No surprise, but it's kind of disappointing.

I'm also not entirely pleased with the new girls' walks - they're much sloppier. I don't like Snejana's, but it seems like Sasha P's improving somewhat.

Sasha photographs extraordinarily well (the Prada ads say it all), but in her runway pictures, she doesn't look nearly as good.

Of the new girls, I think Hilary Rhoda will go far. I don't know how long the Asian thing will stick around, or whether it's just a fad. I like Du Juan, so I hope it stays.

Daria bores me...I know she is pretty and all but I can't stand her head bobbing thing on the runway. I can't understand by everyone wants her to open or close shows...but I think she's losing heat to Snejana...Snejana is very beautiful as well but her lazy eyes bother me...Gemma has lost her freshness imo...I never really liked her but I remember when she was fresh and new but now she looks very tired and drained...Sasha reminds me so much of Gemma but with a cat-like smile/frawn instead :meow: Tanya is scary...she'll probably fade in a couple of seasons. I'm surprised at how well Mariacarla is doing this season. Her looks bores me when she had her long black hair but her blonde pixie cut is much fresher and more fierce and that's probably why she's so popular this season...

model_mom said:
Classic beauties lost out this season to some scary looking girls.:ninja: :alien: :shock:

I agree with you model_mom... i still dont get how did they became a model in the first place....:huh:

Mr-Dale said:
Same with Freja and Sasha who both are way worse than Snejana, though. Those last two wobble, place their feet incorrectly and Sasha doesn't know how to control her upperlimbs :blink: Plus, she walks like a horse! The only time when she looked like she slightly fitted in with the other models, was in the Dior SS 06 show, when she had her hands in the pockets of her skirt.

^ SOoooo Truuee!! :lol:

flightychild said:
Fashion tends to swing to extremes; when it gets tired of one, it heads in the completely opposite direction. In the recent past, most of the headlining models had very pretty, child-like faces (namely Stam, Heather Marks, Gemma Ward, Lisa Cant, Caroline Trentini, etc, etc.).

Now the new, upcoming girls have sort of plainer faces, I'd even go so far as to say "rougher" (some of them have some pretty jutting brow bones and protruding cheekbones), which is a sharp contrast (compared to the big eyes and rounder faces of the past). No surprise, but it's kind of disappointing.

I'm also not entirely pleased with the new girls' walks - they're much sloppier. I don't like Snejana's, but it seems like Sasha P's improving somewhat.

Sasha photographs extraordinarily well (the Prada ads say it all), but in her runway pictures, she doesn't look nearly as good.

Of the new girls, I think Hilary Rhoda will go far. I don't know how long the Asian thing will stick around, or whether it's just a fad. I like Du Juan, so I hope it stays.

I think Heather Bratton is a perfect example of what you're talking about. That chick is HARSH-BONED; she could take someone's eyes out with those cheekbones. Freja Beha is in a similar vein, tho' I find her substantially more appealing than Heather. This Daiane model in the photo above looks pretty "rough", too; ditto for that other model represented by Supreme (Heidi something?).

Yeah it's weird, it's like a strange, bleak, no-nonsense aesthetic. I feel like Prada was trying to somehow represent a quirky, intellectual, no-frills sort of girl at her show, but it's funny to me because an intellectual (the kind she's trying to achieve) who wears Prada is sort of an oxymoron. Most of my intellectual friends think I'm slightly vain and silly if I do anything to imply that I really care about fashion or models, etc.

Prada was definitely trying to eliminate any hint of glamour from her show, and if you look at her lineup, the models she cut were the ones who tend to be used more heavily in high-watt glamour shows.

In all of these robot models, some more coventional looking models such as Anna J and Angela Lindvall are having good seasons

Callidora said:
Oh my god, I know! I saw one pic today of her in the Iceberg show, she did a handful of lesser known designers plus DvF in New York, but that's about it. I think it's possible that she's just too pretty for this season, when sweetness and light seem out of style. I also think management has a ton to do with it. IMG girls always lead the model pack, because IMG is such a good agency that really goes to bat for its models.

Have you seen Kouklina in any Milan shows? I went through the Iceberg pics, but she wasn't there :blink:

Does anyone else feel the sense of panic when reading through this thread :ninja:
Very much so, which is quite silly really. I think we have developed strong loyalties to the models who we like.
Tanya is 15 and I think she is beautiful
I agree, I can certianly see why she's modle, too young though maybe.

cosmocat said:
Very much so, which is quite silly really. I think we have developed strong loyalties to the models who we like.

I agree, but I also think that we as the fashion crowd who watch everything closely aren't ready yet for another model revolution. We just had the switch from bombshell to alien a few seasons ago and now they are shoving the scary girl up our noses already. It is a bit overwhelming.

^Very true. I don't really understand why the agencies develop more and more girls when they could focus on the ones they have already and introduce a few new girls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nymphfable
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->