Model Casting F/W 16.17

I can deal with Joan, Lara and Anna, them additionaly to a "normal" Miu Miu cast would have been great BUT Adriana, Irina, Emily, Sara, Taylor, Tyg Davison... AND Kendull, Gigi and her sister the walking Plastic sugery, my worst Nightmare came true and I didn't Even Know that I have a Nightmare worse like this...

And i just don't understand WHY??? As you all already said they did a good Job with the Brokaw Girls in the Show and not Media overhyped but actually good and beautyful actresses in the campaigns. I can Deal with a cast like this at Marc Jacobs or Chanel but I always thought Miu Miu is immune against those vermins trying to take over fashion. this is really sad. :sick:

Lets just hope this will not gonna happen with Prada next season. I can't believe they gave opening spot to a girl like Taylor Marie Hill. Why?

Really? Lara has been a Prada/Miu Miu girl for years. Although in terms of starpower she and Anna Ewers should just have said no thank you between all those names :wink: :lol:
I find Joan a miscast though, same the Hadids, Jenner, vsmodels, Irina and a lot more.. for the past Miu Miu then, for this show well they belong together,

Well, so has Adriana... I just didn't care for the dress they put her on... and she looked uncomfortable walking...

Jasmine Sanders, Jing Weng, He Cong, Aya Jones, Joan Smalls, Malaika Firth, Adriana Lima, Fei Fei Sun, Mayowa Nicholas, Anna Cleveland, Marga Esquivel, Alicia Burke, Yasmin Wijnaldum, Binx Walton, Melodie Vaxelaire. Compared to Ashley's castings there was more diversity at least out of 50 looks 15 models of color = 30%. Ashley's last casting for Miu Miu SS16 7 models of color out of 39 looks =17% or her pre-fall 16 casting 5 out of 26 =19%

Just curious: does Anna vrc really count as model of colour? I'm aware of the cultural side of this, but just speaking of her physical appearance she looks as white as me... (No offence...)

Well, so has Adriana... I just didn't care for the dress they put her on... and she looked uncomfortable walking...

Yeah, they should have give Lara another outfit to wear, but at least she is HF and walks many season for them.
I find Adriana more commercial though but i prefer her over Taylor Hill, Hadids, Cleveland and many more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Hadid & Jenner infested Miu Miu now, it won't be long till they walk for Prada :rolleyes:

What a bad way to end fashion week. Miu Miu cast was terrible, can't believe they let Taylor open the show...
I have to say I don't care Kendall or Gigi walking shows. The thing it annoy me is they dont fit all the brands. Neither of both fit Miu Miu, we all know that, but this time Kendall looked better than Gigi and even than Adriana and Irina (wtf this one doing this show). Anyway, I'm not happy about this at all, but glad to see Lara, Aya, Malaika, Ondria and Frederikke closing.
Now, I really hope no one of these celebrities/models wanna-be don't do the campaign.
And finally, Katie Grand, make us a favour and retire from fashion world, PLEASE.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a vile cast at Miu Miu.
Taylor, Hailey, Sara, Irina, Adriana, Joan, Kendall, Bella, Anna Cleveland and Gigi looked so awful and out of place. They do NOT belong at Miu Miu.

They ruined my favourite show. I'm really pissed.

Just curious: does Anna vrc really count as model of colour? I'm aware of the cultural side of this, but just speaking of her physical appearance she looks as white as me... (No offence...)

I agree. She's white. Nobody can see the difference.

No Mica at Miu Miu?

Or Lineisy, Julie Hoomans, and a bunch of others who were pushed aside to make room for the likes of Irina S. and Emily R. With Taylor Hill opening the show...

Jasmine Sanders, Jing Weng, He Cong, Aya Jones, Joan Smalls, Malaika Firth, Adriana Lima, Fei Fei Sun, Mayowa Nicholas, Anna Cleveland, Marga Esquivel, Alicia Burke, Yasmin Wijnaldum, Binx Walton, Melodie Vaxelaire. Compared to Ashley's castings there was more diversity at least out of 50 looks 15 models of color = 30%. Ashley's last casting for Miu Miu SS16 7 models of color out of 39 looks =17% or her pre-fall 16 casting 5 out of 26 =19%

IMO a slight increase in the number of MOC is like a distraction from Katie's real agenda of pushing social media models. She was probably jumping for joy at the chance of finally snagging a Miuccia show for her girls and would have sacrificed diversity if she had to in order to make that happen.

How many MOC are featured prominently in Love Magazine regularly? In solo eds or in eds with a relatively small cast? Instead they are usually given 2 pages in a 45-page editorial with 15 other personalities. Yet her pet celebutantes will get multiple solo eds in the same issue and back-to-back covers.

The contrast between the casting for Balenciaga F/W 15 and S/S 16 speaks volumes about how Bitton is willing to use diversity as a gimmick.

I loved the Vuitton cast. The girls were powerful and beautiful.
It felt like a Balenciaga by NG show actually. They looked more mature.
I wasn't sure it was Jeneil at the show but in the photos, it turned out that it was her so i was very happy.
I find it quite diverse...

At MiuMiu, some people were surprised to see Kendall and Gigi. It was a weird cast actually...it could have been a Marc Jacobs show.
When Kendall appeared i was just thinking about you guys..:rofl::rofl:
I was like: poor Katie, people are destroying you right now on TFS.

At least Lara was there.

I can actually tolerate all the other models. Except for that Blurred Lines girl. She looks so utterly clueless on the runway.

That was a vile cast at Miu Miu.
Taylor, Hailey, Sara, Irina, Adriana, Joan, Kendall, Bella, Anna Cleveland and Gigi looked so awful and out of place. They do NOT belong at Miu Miu.

They ruined my favourite show. I'm really pissed.

Ugh is there any show Hailey could belong at..she is the worst of the worst.

congrats for the first time making me wish NOT to switch places with one of those people sitting front row at MiuMiu :doh:

at this point i even wonder she didnt use even more VS+occasionally doing HF-girls like Stella Maxwell or Megan Puleri...

about miu miu... just to say Lara was the supermodel there, she's walked always there many years, another ones even like Gigi Kendall, Taylor... puff tired really tired... beautiful girls very famous... but you are NOT HF and sometimes you don t fit that brand, but because your are the celebrity now... tired about that really, let's make supermodels, beautiful girls we know they are made for supermodels girls... now on the industry a lot of new girls season every season and promising girls disappear few season later... around 2003-2009 was strong always. now we have such a supermodels... missing that time, and missing al lot of girls in the industry like Marina, Iselin, Kasia, Tanya D, Daria Werbowy doing some shows, or a comeback with Meisel... would be cool.

Hailey Baldwin at a Miu Miu show was the most tragic thing ever. I have really given up on the industry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->