Pale Or Tan...

For me, pale... bottle tan if absolutely necessary and only for the slightest hint of color. I like the way a tan looks, but hate the effect of doing it "naturally"...

I'll never fake bake or step foot in the sun without sunscreen again :D Not to say that I haven't in the past :innocent:

I love having a tan and I'm trying to keep my tan all year around, but I never over do it. Nice tan makes you look healty, pale skin makes you easily look sick, all those models and actresses with pale skin don't have naturally porcelain skin, they need make-up to make it look that way.

Curious said:
I'll never fake bake or step foot in the sun without sunscreen again :D Not to say that I haven't in the past :innocent:

Ahhh... past regretful sunburns... :innocent: I've never been in a tanning bed (like for prom, I used bronzer), but have had my fair share of no protection in the sun.

I despise tanning!
And I totally loathe overly tan people.
Everyone is always talking about tanning, on tv, my friends, everywhere!
Im pretty fed up- I guess it just doesnt help that I live in California huh...
some people, believe it or not, look great -not tan-....

Pale....oriental complexions tend to look better paler. But I don't go out of my way to make my skin pale...i.e. buy whitening products etc. It's just inclined that way.

I'm very pale! My mother had red hair and white skin. I have the same skin type as she had.

I really don't know what I prefer. I don't like my white legs, when it's summertime. Especially because many people find it ugly.

I prefer white/pale - instead of brown skin that has been mistreated with too much tan.

Erin said:
Ahhh... past regretful sunburns... :innocent: ...
:lol: Part that and part pure vanity :D I'm doing everything I possibly can to prevent wrinkles :innocent:

On that note, can anyone tell me the name of the ingredient that blocks UVA rays that hasn't been approved in the US yet? Apparently it's available everywhere else... I believe it starts with an 'M". Might try to find it on the black market... Thanks :flower:

Plastic'sWife said:
^ I think red hair with pale/pinkish skin is just so pretty!

She was very pretty. :blush:

I have brown hair with a twist of red - or orange, you might say. :huh:

I'm not gonna lie, tan skin looks much much better (imho). But i hate all the sun damage, so i don't go out without sunscreen, and of course i'm not sunbathing.
So there you go...

No1Here said:
And it looks good on you. :blush:
Somehow I think of pale as very avantgarde. Everybody's soooo concerned 'bout their fake tans - I just don't give a...you know.

The_Ida said:
Somehow I think of pale as very avantgarde. Everybody's soooo concerned 'bout their fake tans - I just don't give a...you know.

I know. B)

I think something in the middle of pale and tanned is the way to go, makes you look healthy and loveable :D

^^Same here. I will confess that I do visit the tanning bed (I know, I know the risks) every now and then. Probably once a month. I'm out walking everyday to and from campus plus to classes, so in total a couple of hours. I just find that I feel better during the winter if I go for some extra light and heat (I go to school in WV so our winters suck!).

there's a girl in my class who has flawless porcelain white skin, very beautiful, like a character straight out of a jane austen novel.

I have a natural tan- not overpowering or overdone or anything but since my skin's not the greatest to begin with I think tanning 'evens' it out a little and makes it look better. If I had nicer skin though, I probably wouldn't.

pale...I never go out in the sun without at least SPF 45 on.

Curious said:
:lol: Part that and part pure vanity :D I'm doing everything I possibly can to prevent wrinkles :innocent:

On that note, can anyone tell me the name of the ingredient that blocks UVA rays that hasn't been approved in the US yet? Apparently it's available everywhere else... I believe it starts with an 'M". Might try to find it on the black market... Thanks :flower:

Mexoryl XL. La Roche Posay and Vichy products contain it. Tinosorb M is another photostable UVA filter.

You can find it pretty easily online if you do a search.

In fair-skinned people, 80% of wrinkles are due to UVA sun damage. Not just from tanning, either, although that obviously makes things worse. Incidental exposure is the principal source of UVA exposure: just walking around outside for a few minutes, light through windows, etc. And the sun's UVA output remains pretty constant throughout the day (UVB, by contrast, peaks at midday).

PPD is a measure of UVA blocking strength. The die-hards recommend a PPD of 30+, and re-apply every two hours, day in day out, rain or shine. And a broad-brimmed hat with wrap-around sunglasses, to be worn every time you step outside.

I have the European high-PPD sunscreen and the hat and sunglasses. I'm not quite at the reapply every two hours stage, however.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->