Prada F/W 2007.08 Milan

I'd love to see this collection in HQ as well. It's been quite a while and I'm still raving over it, the textures she used are just genius.

This collection remains modern and crisp to a point that it still holds relevance today. Texture,Minimalism,and Androgyny are all elements in this collection that still feel new 3 years later. I could honestly picture this collection being shown for FW11/12. Such a genius collection from Miuccia, definitely a top 5 for me. :heart::heart:

^^Woah, thanks so much for those!

I just adore this collection, it's one gorgeous piece after another. I love how she worked those coats in the back, and the use of leather and feathers is really exquisite.

Off to watch the video for a thousandth time now.

Thank you so much for posting this collection in HQ! It is highly appreciated :flower:

Thanks for the HQ pics, this one of my favorite Prada collections!

this stuff looks as avant today as it did nearly five years ago.

Reviving this thread.

Just rewatched the video of this show....it’s absoutely a masterpiece. One of Miuccia’s greatest collections ever.

Everything about it is perfect. The clothes are so simple - she was so smart to allow the materials to do the work. There’s something so perverse about a look so simple as a poorly fit T-shirt worn with a little hobble pencil skirt in that fabulous felt in that unforgettable color palette. Then that nude leather driving coat! It’s truly disturbing and absolutely gorgeous. And the feathers! The pailettes!

I love the extremely subtle allusions to a kind of 1960’s bad girl...that matted hair and the cat eye makeup, the sweater set looks, those ladylike color-blocked satin heels and socks, the angry models, the oil slick catwalk, and that iconic soundtrack by Blacken the Black...which sounds like a Phil Spector girl group gone wrong performing in a filthy, underground Berlin club...it’s heaven.

It’s a true testament to how good fashion of this era was that so much of it not only holds up with time, but in many ways...gets better. There’s so much nuance here. More than 10 years later and this is more sophisticated than almost everything we’re currently being offered. The work of a master, here.

Makes the Prada we’re getting now look all the more miserable! Such a shame.

...which sounds like a Phil Spector girl group gone wrong performing in a filthy, underground Berlin club.......

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Omg.....wonder whether the old sleazebag is still alive? Last I heard he went to jail for murdering a failed actress. Fate (or karma, depending on which side of the fence you're on) dealt him a terrible hand of cards in his dotage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->