Prada F/W 2021.22 Milan

much better than their debut collection. i kinda want to have airpods so i could have a justification for buying those glows

It’s not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Naturally the coats are the standouts of the collection, didn’t RAF know that bodysuits were overplayed at this point (Marine Serre cough Mugler cough).

The collection was decent I’ll admit, an honest improvement from the womenswear show previous season, and the models can actually dance in this presentation :stuart:.

Every look between #20 and #33 should have been edited out. That part of the show was a typical Raf's nonsense, some pieces were just too ugly to handle and the fur coats were too roomy. The rest was good I would say which was a pleasant surprise after that disasteous Simons' debut. However, this collection feels completely cold and soulless. And really, get rid of the fur! Especially the bathroom rugs. Nobody will want to be wrapped in those... questionable pieces.

I like some of the prints better than the men’s. And a couple of the coats. But I’m fr bout to close the door on this brand. Did anyone else see that faux fur wrap cape with the pink sequins?? Looked straight out of Claire’s or The Limited Too. These people are really detached from reality

Also if anyone wanna report back on the convo after the show. I am not watching Marc Jacobs and whoever else jerk off miuccia and raf

^^ Same. I have no desire to shop at Prada these days. Raf really does have a special touch, sucking all the joy out of something to make it clinical and sterile. He needs to let go of that purple-neon green color combination.

Can I just say I miss the days when Prada sent out some of the sexiest shoes of the season?

I don't understand the concept of two separates fashion show when we can clearly see that men's and women's collections are almost identical. Either combine the show or just "diversify your creative potential" and make something cohesive yet distinguishable for God's sake.

Pros: dresses, coats, minimal approach to accessories, shoes, casting and prints
Cons: Raf Simons' ego, weird ecstasy-fuelled dance, repetitive silhouettes which should be edited, furs (we have f*cking climate change lol).

Improvement but to the point that I am sure real improvement would bo to fired RS immediately and finish that nonsense. Plus it is sooooooo annoying to see Silvia's potential limited by Kim's ego and Miuccia's legacy jeopardised by Raf's utter detachment from reality.

I'm tired of the whole presentation already. The same music, same setting, the model hand gesture, the annoying dancing.

As for the clothes, did they sanitize them before presenting them, why everything looks so cold and sterile? Where is Miuccia sense of style in this? Everything looks so try-hard. Those triangle logos really to started to get on my nerves. I only like the last 3 sequins coats, they look so fabulous and the only saving grace from this collection.

I see Miuccia still looks chic as ever, and she never been caught wearing those awful triangle logos. Maybe they should have been release her own wardrobe, at least still better than this. Marc Jacobs should be sitting next to Miuccia not Raf tbh.

Another successful merging of Prada and Raf-isms. The only "sterile" thing about the collection is the hair and makeup. What exactly makes the clothes sterile? Would seriously like to know... The color sense is there, the fabrics and pattern are there, and so is the presentation. If you want to see sexy, just wait for everything to appear across next season's editorials. It doesn't take much imagination to see a lot of these pieces vamped up with less layers.

The faux fur they used is pretty extraordinary - I've never seen faux that looks this good. The way it moves on the knee length bomber capes is jaw-dropping.

On another note, the relationship between Raf and Miuccia runs quite deep - she handpicked him to take over Jil Sander for god's sake and they've been sharing the same stylist for over a decade. To suggest that this partnership is going to end any time soon OR that these clothes are not going to do well is a bit delusional. Miuccia is not an idiot - she hired this man for his design sense, not to regurgitate whatever you think Prada should look like. If she's allowed him to have this much control over what's being sent out, it's pretty safe to assume that when she retires he will takeover. :rolleyes:

I’m kinda obsessed over the pleated skirts from the SS collection and I’m kinda in love with the brown sequined coat and the first dark faux fur/shearling coat! The good thing about this collaboration is that I recognize the Prada and the Raf and suddenly, the Prada standout against the Raf.

The rest of the collection and the presentation are a non-event for me and it’s kinda sad to watch Marc there, knowing how good he would have been for that!

And Miuccia as chic as always...
I would love to go through her wardrobe!

If she's allowed him to have this much control over what's being sent out, it's pretty safe to assume that when she retires he will takeover. :rolleyes:
A slap in the face to Fabio Zambernardi!

Into it! Much better than the last one!!

I dunno. Prada used to be so effortlessly chic, this collection just doesn’t have the same organic look in it’s design and as someone already mentioned it does appear very try hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->