Prada S/S 11 Milan

All the models could walk naked with only shoes on and i would still like it :D

I just love them shoes

Just finished looking through the whole collection on style.com and honestly, I think I like this one. It's fun although there's weirdness in some of the clothes. The first outfits are like Jill Sander and then suddenly. it has become Miu Miu / Michael Kors (Because of the stripes). But what I loved the most about this show are the sunglasses and the freaking shoes! :heart:

As always, Miuccia has delivered once again an unexpected show.

Generally unattractive and unappealing. Forget the cool runway, the models and the brand - people are supposed to wear this. Would people here actually want to buy these pieces over other things we've seen in Milan? Who wants a $1000 banana print skirt when you can get something like it from a cheap market in London? Everything here is very unflattering and clown-like.

^Absolutely agree with this. For me it was just a collection with lots of jungle prints, though some of the shoes were pretty.

I actually think there are quite a few pieces that people could wear, just probably not all at once the way the models have been styled. Although the bags are miss for me as are half the shoes. But the other half of the shoes are just something fresh and really appealing.

My problem with this type of argument is that...it may be that if someone else had designed this collection, it could have been received differently...however, that "someone" did not design this, and therefor, I simply cannot judge it any differently than I already have.

A true creative individual has the power to seemingly make something very simple seem brilliant. And it always causes the viewer to ask themselves "why didn't I think of that?" And the answer is always..."well, you didn't!" To me, that's how talented Miuccia is. With her uncanny ability to create exactly what is right for right now, she is able to pull off anything...leaving all her peers in the dust, their heads spinning with frustration, wondering why they couldn't have thought of "it" first.

In my opinion what should matter is the quality of the collection regardless of who made it. Just knowing it is Prada is knowing it will get rave reviews from the most important critics - quite irrespective if she sends garish outfits down the runway.

I have liked the past 10 seasons of Prada. But here there is very little I can find in this collection that is acceptable at all. The shoes are hybrids - like split personalities these are split shoes spliced together to a horrendous creature. The prints are ugly, the cuts boring and sort of off....I'm wondering if this is some sort of failed take on African-Spanish grunge?

Some of the black outfits are not very offensive to the eye, so I'm sure that's what we will see all the important EICs wearing - the more eccentric ones will no doubt enjoy wearing the furs.

But hey, it's what makes fashion fashion...the favoured designers creates a collection without much effort or interest in a typical favoured child bid - will you still love me when I do this?

Last edited by a moderator:
those prints are growing on me slightly already (not the banana) :lol:

Adore this...its gorgeous.....like all the old Prada I used to enjoy.....and as for the music.....its just so dreamy....wonder what it is....?

But how will all this look on the average 5'4 size 8/10 woman? hmmmm

Well, I re-watched the video with the menswear soundtrack and the collection became much more bearable. Although I probably won't love this one as much as I usually do with Prada, I'm kind of warming my feelings to it. My favourite pieces are the printed outfits on Anouck, Diana and Marina, really beautiful.

dazeddigital.com

My problem with this type of argument is that...it may be that if someone else had designed this collection, it could have been received differently...however, that "someone" did not design this, and therefor, I simply cannot judge it any differently than I already have.

A true creative individual has the power to seemingly make something very simple seem brilliant. And it always causes the viewer to ask themselves "why didn't I think of that?" And the answer is always..."well, you didn't!" To me, that's how talented Miuccia is. With her uncanny ability to create exactly what is right for right now, she is able to pull off anything...leaving all her peers in the dust, their heads spinning with frustration, wondering why they couldn't have thought of "it" first.

What is the it? Is it because she changes her collections every season? Almost every other designer does that but because the top critics say "ooooh" and "ahhhh" everyone is supposed to fan over the multimillion dollar company with a household name? This collection is ok and if it was designed by anyone else people would disregard it given the colors and the historic references in the collection. A lot of her collections are usually references of the past and if any other designer were producing her collections, they would have been defamed by now. The only thing I like about this collection is the styling.

This collection and the reviews it's getting irritate me to no end. People are praising Prada for her originality and boldness? Of course she can take chances, she's PRADA. No you won't see this anywhere else because other designers want to actually survive in this industry.

Hmmm...whatever happened to some of the first comments, including mine?

Wanted to say this is a very safe collection, almost recession-proof. It is nothing stunning, but there's great tailoring here, almost strict curvilinear shoulder-neckline-sleeves-old Balenciaga-ish, lots of wardrobe staples. I didn't notice anything ugly, even the shoes were sensible. The cut is also very easy to wear, flattering to most figures, with fuller sleeves, tiny waists, and pencil skirts. Brazil feels right for now, and the designs are modern, sexy yet slightly exotic. Not a collection to stay awake for, but not a shabbyc ollection by any means.

Plus, she has the sense to *not* make her models wear huge ridiculous hats.

I don't like the first few in one color pieces, those were kinda stiff :/
But the rest is really beautiful!!! I adore those prints!

This collection and the reviews it's getting irritate me to no end. People are praising Prada for her originality and boldness? Of course she can take chances, she's PRADA. No you won't see this anywhere else because other designers want to actually survive in this industry.

I agree, she really can do anything and she stands by it strong! That's what i love about her! ^_^

Hahaha, this is Prada, PRADA, always with reactions to the extremes, of adoration or disgust, of perceptions of extreme beauty or annoying ugliness, of a savage urge to go along to a worried, unanswered doubt of "what am I missing?", nothing in between, almost never, never!

The talent of Miuccia, and her indestructible power of always being a reference point, and not just relevant, stems from this fact.

What a genious!

"It's time to get bold"
said Miucca, that's the collection: bold and fashion forward.
I think this is the best collection so far, i'm so in love with Prada.

Oh, and the dreamy music is legendary Cuban composer Ernesto Lecuona's "Te he visto pasar".

as always thre is something strange about the look, something new.

I find some of the very bold colors difficult to see on actual women.

and isn't stripes the most awful thing one could wear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->