Prince William & Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge News #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering: do royals get to vote? I guess they should, since it's everyone's right, but I never came across any pictures.

I was wondering: do royals get to vote? I guess they should, since it's everyone's right, but I never came across any pictures.

I don't believe they do. I mean, Queen Elizabeth never did so I imagine her children wouldn't either.

I don't think they do. I think they're not allowed to do so because the Royal Family is 'neutral' for everybody and should not influence people's opinions on political stuff. Positive or not.

Aww everyone here's so mean lol You guys are fully destroying my excitement for the royal wedding :lol: I sound like such a hippie.
I'm not of European/White decent and I never had a sense of nationalism until I came to New Zealand, so this is kinda making up for it ^_^
In fact I was watching the Royal Wedding special on CNN and they showed those little girls attending etiquette school and they were all so excited, and I feel kinda jealous that they were born into a country where they could be proud of their leaders.
I know the royal family doesn't do an awful lot these days, but it's only in the past 100 years that their power has shifted. I find it kinda strange that there are so many people who want the monarchy out after all it's done for the country.

It still does really. They're like PR-people now. Promoting the country constantly. It brings in money, but they also cost a load. But hey, they're there and it does unite the country. Atleast it does here in NL, probably more than anywhere else.

I am also excited for the Royal Wedding but maybe that's because we are both part of the Commonwealth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone evolves and it's not because we are negative on the public persona she created and built those last years that we hate her and are "mean". We are making mere observations :wink: Plus most of us are just really disappoint to see that she has very few things to pride herself for. I for one believe that she is exactly what the Brits needs and she makes a good couple with PW. I think she'll do her duty well but I"ll never have the same respect than I do for Michelle Obama, Princess Maxima (who despite dressing like a mafia woman actually did something with her life) or CP Letizia.

As for the excitement, well I know tons of brits who couldn't care less..

I love Kate because she's going to be my country's princess, but I don't think I'd ever let that pride get in the way of fashion :lol: I still think she could and should improve. But as long as its appropriate I suppose I can't complain.

Um...what the actual f**k. Is this crap for real? :blink: :huh:

It's an absolute monstrosity, that's what it is. I'd be more entertained bashing my brains against the wall than watching this lump of garbage. The accuracy is shameful (Kate swam ashore to William?) and the acting is catastrophic.

Haha I was just about to post it! The woman playing Camilla looks just like her it's scary!

Oh God, that was a good one. For a second I thought it was the real Camilla, too :lol:

I'm betting Kate's wedding dress is Marchesa!

For New Yorkers, list of Royal Wedding parties tomorrow starting early mornings:
  • Lyon's Restaurant in the West Village/Little Britain: party starts at 6 am
  • Times Square: will show on triton at 4:30 am
  • DUMBO
  • Tribeca: will have some English breakfast goings on
  • Carlyle Hotel: will start at 5 am. pay for ticket and raffling a $500,000.00 wedding package
:D cheers!

Sarah Burton was seen arriving at the Goring earlier this evening; looks like it's going to a McQueen after all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EthanY
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->