Prince William and Kate Middleton split?

Meg said:
yes and sophie (prince edward i think?) was a commoner as well. It is becoming increasingly common (no pun intended) for royals to break rank...Regardless I don't know why people keep pushing Charlotte C. Her and William seem like two completely different people. I could maybe see her with prince harry.

This is very true. The only current Crown Prince married to a fellow royal is Crown Prince Alois of Liechtenstein (CP Sophie was born a Countess in Bavaria). All the others not only married commoners, but for the most part (save CP Haakon and CP Mette-Marit) foreign-born ones at that.

As for Charlotte C and Prince William... even if they seemed compatible, which they don't at all, she's Catholic, so it would take a whole whole lot for them to be together. Charlotte will more than likely marry a wealthy commoner or some wild archduke or something. :flower:

^ I think the British Royal family are more traditional compared to other Royalty. Correct me if I'm wrong, it is just how I feel...

Also I felt that Prince Edward was allowed to marry a commoner because it is unlikely that he will be king..

PrinceOfCats said:
Middle-class, my ****. Her blood might not be as blue as Margaret Thatcher's suits but there's nothing middle-class about Marlborough College and St Andrews...

Kate is middle class. Upper, monied middle class, but middle class nonetheless. There is a huge difference between that and Wills' highest stratosphere of rah. Yes, her parents are millionaires but i) the British class system isn't about money and ii) it's not that unusual to be a millionaire, and when you're talking about the Eton context you can still be a millionaire and relatively poor. And your social-climbing parents sending you to Marlborough doesn't turn you into a true posh ponce...

From what I've seen of Will, and my experience with Etonians I think Will will end up with a typical chinless wonder. I wouldn't wish a relationship with a royal on anyone else, you have to either be totally in love or used to a life like that to deal, not only with the press scrutiny, but also with living with someone that posh.

^ My brothers went to Eton and we are upper middle class, same as Kate's family. From my experience not all guys at Eton are posh and upper class, some of them have scolarships and come from poor lower class families. Eton is overrated!

I think poc comments regarding camilla are quite true. Didn't she originally get any title she has through marriage? I think the monarchy has changed quite a bit from back when charles married diana. of course they would prefer someone of a certain calibre but marrying a commoner isn't what it used to be.

liberty33r1b said:
because she has no style or fashion sense....:flower:
ha, I have to agree with this one.

Anyway,my feelings about the breakup.....
yay:ninja:

There is a huge difference between that and Wills' highest stratosphere of rah

I go to university with boys who will be Viscounts. They act the same as their non blue blood counterparts, they dress the same, they went to the same schools and they all hang out with each other talking about their older brothers at Sandhurst and what they're doing to do in the City once they get their 2:1s.

A class system is an organic thing in a capitalist country, defined by how people relate to each other not some obscure feudal concept of aristocracy.

Kate's a rah, Will's a rah. And apparently there might be a third rah in the equation according to today's tabloid trash.

liberty33r1b said:

that makes three of us. But I do feel sorry for her, Its no fun to end a long relationship especially when the whole world is watching. But on the other hand, Will is a brat so its not really a loss.

"I think the British Royal family are more traditional compared to other Royalty."

Well they used to be but after the Charles/Diana fiasco, Fergie, Charles marrying his ex mistress and all the playboy antics of Will & Harry, I can hardly say that they hold the same place of prestige and acclaim that they used to. These days they seem to do whatever the hell they want.

"Kate is middle class. Upper, monied middle class, but middle class nonetheless. There is a huge difference between that and Wills' highest stratosphere of rah."

Yes, that's the point I was trying to make. Sure her family has money (heaven forbid though they actually earned it themselves rather than Daddy leaving it to them) but that doesn't mean they occupy the same place in society as the folks in Will's social circle. Hell the Middleton's could have $100 mil in the bank but they'd never be considered good enough because they weren't born into privilege.

The catty and elitist comments made by Will's pals are just disgusting - and shows more about their lack of class than Kate's.

Uberwench I agree with you, Will is no prize is Kate is better off out of that family. Unless you are willing to give up all semblence of personality & individuality then you aren't going to fare well ina royal household.

PrinceOfCats said:
I go to university with boys who will be Viscounts. They act the same as their non blue blood counterparts, they dress the same, they went to the same schools and they all hang out with each other talking about their older brothers at Sandhurst and what they're doing to do in the City once they get their 2:1s.

A class system is an organic thing in a capitalist country, defined by how people relate to each other not some obscure feudal concept of aristocracy.

Kate's a rah, Will's a rah. And apparently there might be a third rah in the equation according to today's tabloid trash.

POC - how can you say this.....? are you trying to say that the class system is ok because its organic in a capitalist country......or are you saying that there is no real concept of class...just rich/poor and what school you went to......I think in certain spheres of our society it matters very much that you went to st andrews or sandhurst or wherever and whether your maw was an air hostess or a 'lady'. At certain levels our society is disgustingly class ridden.....I don't know if you saw the new Harry Enfield programme tonight when the city/eton types were taking the p*ss out of the scouser as their little odd servant creature to laugh at......truth is it was funny because its too close to the truth....after a decade of so called new Labour we are even more class ridden than ever before. the working class are the servants of the upper classes and are laughed at......shameful really.

liberty33r1b said:

OMG, that wh*re! She should be taken out to the town square and beaten! OML, I'd hate to hear what you guys would say about my mom :rolleyes: :lol:

This is why royalty is completely pointless. I can't fathom why people would wish ill will on someone who has never done anything remotely bad to them. So she loved a Prince. HOW DARE SHE! How dare they love each other and have a relationship. Obviously love is worth a pile of sh*t these days. I don't know about you guys, but attraction to me is organic. I do not weigh someone's wealth, title, parents or fashion sense when I feel an attraction. Unless a relationship is completely destructive and/or abusive, why would HOPE for someone to break up or be thrilled when they did?

We are all born naked. Royalty, to me, is a question of perspective. Anyone can be an empress or emperor by being kind and thoughtful to the earth and other living creatures.

That's nice, I like that^^

I think the Royal family in the UK tends to forget that they are only in the position that they have due to fate/luck/the grace of the so called "common folk". The Royal family in France overstepped their boundaries and look how that turned out.......

Personally I've never seen anything special about Will other than the fact that he's a Prince - by title, I don't necessarily think they describes his behavior well at all. I always thought Harry had more spark in him than Will, I can't imagine Harry letting his mates trash talk his gf the way Will apparently did.

"after a decade of so called new Labour we are even more class ridden than ever before"

As someone who grew up in the UK I whole heartedly agree, there are those who are born into wealth & privilege and the rest of us will never break into that elite group not matter how hard we try or how much wealth we amass.

I think it's very complicated and the idea of the class system is very much propagated by those in it. It's quite complex. I also think comparing it to the American or even Canadian class systems there is much more movement between the classes. From my perspective north american class is defined a lot more primarily by income and less by family history (save for a couple of areas on the eastern seaboard) whereas i find the UK class system is a lot more rigid in the movement between the classes. And they are also defined different. ie middle class in the states means something different than the UK. It's very interesting but also quite frankly tiresome.

Bottom line is that they are both young and it just didn't work out. I am sure that in no time at all he will find some other girl (with a ,much better fashion sense) who will inevitably be compared to his mother as well, and they will live happily ever after...at least temporarily. :wink:

^^ Yes, lineage is not a big deal at all in the states. I've never heard people criticize someone for not having the proper title. Well, maybe in Legally Blonde (Elle v. Warner Huntington III :lol:) but not in real life. If you're a millionaire, you're certainly NOT middle class! It's so weird to hear people call a girl with millionaire parents and a upper-crust education "middle class". Obviously the definitions are very different in North America than in the UK.

Interesting how the breakup is prompting a discussion on social hierarchy.

There's always been something about coming from an old, titled, and wealthy family that commands much more respect and admiration than coming from 'new money'. Having an 'elite' background makes people look twice.

Meg said:
[...]Regardless I don't know why people keep pushing Charlotte C. Her and William seem like two completely different people. I could maybe see her with prince harry.

I could definitely see her with Prince Harry!!

Meg said:
[...]Regardless I don't know why people keep pushing Charlotte C. Her and William seem like two completely different people. I could maybe see her with prince harry.

I could definitely see her with Prince Harry!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->