Random Facts about Models

equinox said:
I don't know if Lily already did this or not but, Lily Cole was picked to star in Phantasmagoria, an adaptation of the Alice In Wonderland stories by Lewis Carroll, which will be directed by Marilyn Manson.....

That should be interesting.....:huh: :blink:

i said it previously but doesn't a matter :lol:

Sasha pivovarova is an artist. and she learn walking by herself. ( i'm speaking about her catwalk which is genius ! )

^ Oops! I'm sorry about that hannah.... I should have checked back few pages....:P :flower:

equinox said:
^ Oops! I'm sorry about that hannah.... I should have checked back few pages....:P :flower:

this is not a big deal you brought things i didn't say :lol: :flower: ^_^

equinox said:
I don't know if Lily already did this or not but, Lily Cole was picked to star in Phantasmagoria, an adaptation of the Alice In Wonderland stories by Lewis Carroll, which will be directed by Marilyn Manson.....

That should be interesting.....:huh: :blink:

Ooh, I wanna see that.

not quite about a model...
but donatella versace is looking into using a cloth made from genetically modified corn because nylon (petroleum based) is getting too expensive
this should be i nteresting

arlekindearrabal said:
i've heard that oluchi was scouted selling merchandise on the streets of nairobi... is it another story á la Iman?

and no wonder ajuma has such a great bod... :wink:

well the exotic stories always make for interesting reading! Av also heard of the story of how she was found selling fruits in a lagos market! Not sure which one to believe

I think a lot of times those stories are made up to give the impression of a Cinderella story..know what i mean? I remember when Liya was on Oprah and she said that there's all kinds of stories floating around that she was discovered on the streets and what not when really she persued modeling. Like Urban said..they are exotic stories but sometimes just that...stories.

^ so then you think Natalia Vodianova and how she was discovered, and married a billionaire husband is just a story? You don't think it's true?

no i think that's true because she has talked about it but there are many many models who have very similar "discovery stories" and some of them aren't true. I'm pretty sure the one about Gisele being discovered in a McDonalds isn't entirely true..but people are quick to believe it.

mademoiselle said:
Angela lindvall had an affair with frankie rayder

irenistiQ said:
amber valletta and shalom harlow also had an affair.

I was slightly shocked reading this... I guess that means those girls are bis...:innocent: I would've never thought...

mademoiselle said:
Valentina Zeliaeva is married

I believe she's not married anymore... She used to be, but they're now divorced/separated and she's dating a different man.

mademoiselle said:
Liliana Dominguez's apartment once got burned and she was worried about her shoes

:ermm: :lol:

mademoiselle said:
AND THIS ONE IS THE BEST!!

Adriana Lima is actually a...........Virgin :lol: :lol: :lol: :innocent:

I heard this one too, but I don't think it's true... I mean, she used to be in a long-term relationship before, and she is in another long-term relationship now, so...

irenistiQ said:
alessandra ambrosio fools arwnd wit anaBB by taking photos of hr nude,LOL.

:wacko: Can't believe it's true...

irenistiQ said:
fernanda tavares and gisele are best friends..

Are they really ? Dunno... They seem so different...:unsure:

irenistiQ said:
and didn't gia try to kiss janice dickinson..?

No offence to any of her fans, but I think Gia tryed to kiss many girls, not just Janice...

pinnie said:
Snejana's mother colects tear sheets of everything she sees in her.

Well, that's nothing too special, is it ? :wink: Whose mother wouldn't collect stuff with her daughter in it ?

jennifer~ said:
Nina Brosh, a runaway and homeless at the time, was 'discovered' while sleeping on a park bench in Tel-Aviv...

I was completely shocked by this story, so I had to google, and, apparently, the source I found says she was discovered in a mall... Which one is true, then ? :unsure:

pinnie said:
Vlada
Vlada never goes sunbathing.
She loves her fair skin.
She wants to be a psychologist.

irenistiQ said:
what!?
tt skinny bony butt girl,wants to be a psychologist?
well,i'm darn ecstatic!
wow,she's a smarty pants!

Or a wanna-be...:innocent:

irenistiQ said:
carmen kass forged her mum's signature to go to milan for modeling when she was 14yrs old.

Yeah, I heard that too...

TheGlassAngel said:
Jessica Stam has six brothers, was Miesel's muse at sixteen and dated Malcom Ford (Harrison Ford's son) before Anthony Kiedes, the lead singer of the Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

Six brothers ??? :shock: Is she what, a sleeping beauty ? :lol: I'm not sure, it's true, to be honest... I remember an article on her in Teen Vogue, and I'm sure they would mention it if it was so... It only talked about one brother she had, I believe his name is Aaron...

As to her dating the lead singer of RHCP, I'm a little astonished, I must say... You see, when I think of Stam, I think of her as one of the 'babies' in modeling... She's really 20 this year, right, but I still can't get used to the fact she's a grown-up now...

Last edited by a moderator:
fashionkitten7 said:
Six brothers ??? :shock: Is she what, a sleeping beauty ? :lol: I'm not sure, it's true, to be honest... I remember an article on her in Teen Vogue, and I'm sure they would mention it if it was so... It only talked about one brother she had, I believe his name is Aaron...

I believe the six brothers thing. I saw her special on FashionTelevision once and she had a lot of brothers I couldn't count. Her older brothers are hott.

alessandro ambrosio wants breast implants but is afraid of plastic surgery after a very bad experience getting her ears fixed

Iman is the victim of female circumcision (removing of the clitoris at a young age to perserve "purity") and is a spokesperson who raises awareness about this issue.

She's self-concious about the length of her neck and thinks she looks like a giraffe.

Ksanochka Vanmra said:
Clitoris ablation isn't at all the equivalent of male circumcision.
I know it isn't, I was using the common term for it. Male circumcision is done at infancy and is relatively painless, where as this is done later in life nearer to puberty and is extremely painful, dangerous and usually done very crudely, sometimes even with a shard of glass. The ritual often also includes stiching the vagina closed and the stitches aren't removed before intercourse, it's either forced open or cut with a knife. Sorry to be so graphic.

oversharer said:
Iman is the victim of female circumcision (removing of the clitoris at a young age to perserve "purity") and is a spokesperson who raises awareness about this issue.

She's self-concious about the length of her neck and thinks she looks like a giraffe.

Isnt it Waris D who is the victim of female mutilation and not Iman?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJC
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->