Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2015 (Video in post #818)

Usually I'm really excited for the show, but not so much this year. Well, I am because I've been following who's gotten cast plus it's a tradition for me to watch every year, but so many of the current models are totally uninspiring to me.

I re-watched some segments from '05 and '06 on YouTube today....it was so much better then.

Do you guys have any idea why VS has been going the direction it has the past few years?

One idea is that Sophia joined the team in 2010/2011, and her preference is the high fashion type rather than the commercial type.

I'm really not sure what happened. It's a shame to see VS go down the tubes like this, though. "Angel" used to be an exclusive title, and I really don't feel that it is anymore.

(Sorry for the super-negative post...just looking for answers and it appears you guys have some of the same feelings I do!)

I'm in Mexico, do you guys know where can I see a livestream? It seems like Mexico is not on the list of the broadcast. Thank you very much!

^^ I think the show itself has also turned into a joke and the quality itself has plumetted. Plus majority of the models, at least to me, are not well known. Yes you have Adriana, Candice, Joan, Magdalena, but besides that I mean the creme de la creme of fashion world do not participate in this show. Plus the new angel lineup is not anything to be excited about as clearly they needed Gigi/Kendall to publicize their show. This show should really use established models(both in high fashion and commercial like SI) like Edita, Karmen, Emily D, Irinas, Hailey Clauson, Sun Fei Fei, Liu Wen, Gemma, Raquel, Natasha, Lakshmi, Valentina, Liya, etc. Isn't that how VS established itself to begin with? PINK should be for younger models that have some credibility in the fashion world like Pooja Mor, Imaan, Bhumika, etc. Fewer models, more remixes, have singers who have good runway music, simple lingerie outfits. Then it would be really worth watching and discussing.

+1!!!

So refreshing to hear people who agree with me on this. I'm used to Bellazon, where it seems everyone loves the direction VS is going.

I feel like VS angels were older models who had worked with the company for a while and usually have been in fashion and working hard for a while, and the rest of the cast would be well known HF models. And very few models got wings, and there was only one performer. Now it's a bunch of young blonde nobodies with no attitude and personality and they depend on performer after performer and famous people trending on instagram. This show needs a serious make over

It seems like anyone can get in the show these days. And there's no differentiating between each year now, it's all the same mess. VS has lost its thrill and prestige and having this exclusive show.

Aaand +1 to this. :smile:

any link to watch the show? from my message in how many hours is it? (in europe right now...)

I'm downloading it via torrent right now. I wanted to watch it with Kodi but I fell asleep :D (if someone wants the torrent link, PM me)

My impressions...considering it's a 20th anniversary, I'm underwhelmed. It's not particularly bad, I thought the sets and stage were outstanding, but the themes and outfits didn't seem special enough for an anniversary show.

Kendall got soo much camera time, even her pose was prolonged to make room for her twirling. I mean she looks good, but the extra attention to a non-Angel was very very obvious. Which leads me to believe she's getting a contract.

Lily A's walk in Fireworks is still terrible, it's like her legs are glued together. no interaction with the Weeknd, and she brushed him with her wings. But it wasn't like Gisele-fierce. She just looked scared and was walking towards the camera and back.

If I hadn't known this was an anniversary show I would have never noticed it.
The whole attention on Kendall was so desperate, did they really have to show Kris's shocked face? But after the PINK segment, I totally forgot that Gigi and Kendall were in the show. They didn't really stood out, they just had more camera time so they were easily forgettable IMO.
Pauline was so cute :heart::heart: She was really glowing and had energy, she was refreshing! #BodybyIza slayed everyone in Portrait of an Angel :woot: Constance was lovely :heart:
I didn't know her before but that Flavia girl just won a spot in my heart:blush:
Some models were annoyed to be here or is it just me? It looked like they took a sleeping pill before the show (the one Kendall takes before photoshoots:lol:)
Alessandra was the best angel and she rocked the stage, the others were not that good. Lily was terrible! Girl you're wearing the FB, you can at least improve your walk! It's so disrespectful IMO (Behati should have worn it).
Candice looked like she wanted to leave (she reminded me of Erin in 2012/2013), poor girl was third row in the finale line up... That says it all.
Am I the only one that sees the Doutzen/Stella resemblance? (don't kill me please)

Overall it was one of the worst show VS has ever done. Behati's opening was meh, the new angels were not promoted as much as they should have. And the selfie thing was so ridiculous. That shows how much fakeness is going on at the show...
Also why do they need to emphasize the fact that getting the show is a big deal EVERY SINGLE YEAR?

I think I spotted Daniella Pestova in the audience at the end of the Ice Angel segment. Kinda cool to see one of the original angels there. She was looking as beautiful as ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Taylor Hill
Gigi Hadid
Maria Borges

These were my 3 standouts this year.

I'm so mad, Lima was in the 5sec of the holiday commercial, and then the editing for her fireworks was appaling, i mean come on, the show over all was just mehhhhhhhhhh

The show is tonight, I wonder how the ratings will be, how many people will actually watch the show.

From headlineplanet.com:
CBS' annual Victoria's Secret Fashion Show endured huge losses in adults 18-49 and total viewership.

While it still ranked as its timeslot’s top performer in adults 18-49, Tuesday’s “Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show” suffered a significant year-over-year decline in the key demo.

It was also down sharply in total viewership.

Per Nielsen fast national data, Tuesday’s 2015 “VSFS” drew a 2.3 adults 18-49 rating and 6.592 million viewers. Last year’s edition of the lingerie-themed fashion show posted a considerably stronger 3.4 rating with 9.29 million total viewers.

I guess the ratings probably come down a lot to the musical performers. Taylor Swift - at this time last year - was a much larger viewer draw than Selena, Ellie or The Weeknd.

But it also goes to show that Kendall's 43 MILLION Instagram followers don't necessarily follow her to other ventures.

I already watched it and I have to say i'm in love with Dani Braga, that's an attitude, girl! Also loved Maria :heart:, Cindy (she looked insaaanee). Loved Martha, she's looking so good :ninja:.
Joan stunning as always, also Magda, can't understand they gave her just one outfit :angry:
In the other hand, there was SO MANY random girls... That girl Megan Puleri looked so outta the place. Can't believe they put her right to Taylor and Selena for close the Pink Section...
And speaking about Kendall and Gigi, this last one looked really good for Pink, but in her first segment she cannot posed well... Same Kendall, she looked as regular/normal/boring girl, nothing WOW.
and finally... I can't stand Stella Maxwell, she has such a bitchy attitude and her eyes has no life, boring girl.

Last edited by a moderator:
^no wonders about that.

real beautiful women no longer work for VS, it's cute blonde/brunette forgettable kids.

even i dont care for the show anymore, and i was a big fan of it 10 or more years ago.

I heard the ratings flopped too, i don't know how that's possible considering Kendall & Hadid were in it, maybe it was because they were in it?

I don't watch VS but i'm glad, i didn't like who they picked for this year and if i ever watched it would probably be for like Magdalena.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->