Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2015 (Video in post #818)

The ratings may have a pretty straightforward explanation, actually - the amount of people (Especially in the younger generation e.g. those who follow the likes of Kendall, Gigi, Taylor, Selena, etc.) who actually watch television have plunged considerably in the US. It's an overall decline that VS has also been experiencing from year-to-year.

Moreover the show is already everywhere and seen in every form/angle on social media in the month (An entire month!) leading up to the broadcast, which naturally removes much of the reason for rewatching the same content. Unless it's the niche and dedicated core group of viewers, the rest of the potential audience are much less likely to want to rewatch clothes/models they've already seen.

I think the biggest problem with the show is how much attention they put on the backstage aspect & the people who create the show. We the viewers want to see the angels & the performers. The amount of time wasted with them talking about how hard they work every year is annoying. We know you work hard, but you don't hear the people behind the Grammys & Oscars talking about their struggles to make the show happen. Keep all of that on youtube. VS should really try something different & not have the team on camera next year. Nobody cares about them. Tbh they need a whole new team, but that probably won't happen.

What if next year they actually aired it LIVE, like they do with awards shows. They could have the filler segments filled in advance, "Angels getting ready for the show", "Casting Process", etc whatever it is they choose. And then for the runway segments themselves have the show actually be happening LIVE. It would generate so much more attention and would also prevent us from seeing virtually all the content a month in advance.

Plus, the LIVE element would up the stakes significantly, for the models and producers. When it's live, anything can happen! It would be awesome, I think.

And not all that complicated. Just rehearse a ton in advance. They really only have 4 cameras capturing it now. They could keep them on and just cut from one to the other when the content is interesting.

They are doing more of the same, I feel somehow they have decided for models that are way too young and experienced as well... I need to see back Isabeli Fontana closing the Gym segment with the Barbell, ridiculously sexy and tall... or Natasha Poly loosing a shoe in the middle of the walk... those effortless fierce and sexy moments, I agree with the person that said that somehow everything looks notoriously fake and certainly that´s not sexy.

Also the music was such a turn off, seriously I feel they could´ve make worked more certain models like Jac or Magdalena, but the music was aweful...
And i get that Kendall and Gigi are the ones all young girls want to see, but in some moment it was just too much kendall and her family.

Biggest insult was at the end of the finale, when Adriana is coming up to the camera and then it cuts away. It really felt like a changing of the guards.

I too thought Flavia was beautiful. And Gracie looks very different this year than she did when she walked in 2010. More mature. A shame she was once again a filler.

They are doing more of the same, I feel somehow they have decided for models that are way too young and experienced as well... I need to see back Isabeli Fontana closing the Gym segment with the Barbell, ridiculously sexy and tall... or Natasha Poly loosing a shoe in the middle of the walk... those effortless fierce and sexy moments, I agree with the person that said that somehow everything looks notoriously fake and certainly that´s not sexy.

Also the music was such a turn off, seriously I feel they could´ve make worked more certain models like Jac or Magdalena, but the music was aweful...
And i get that Kendall and Gigi are the ones all young girls want to see, but in some moment it was just too much kendall and her family.
OMG YES @Isabeli Fontana closing the Gym segment with the Barbell!!That was one of my fav moment on VSFS!:heart:Oh and KK lose one shoe too!Love it.:lol:
But seriously after watching the show,it really wasn't that good,it was,kind of awful.The scream time they gave Kendal just TOO MUCH.Meh.Too many fillers I don't really know who they are.I missed the remix of the show so much,it's a shame they turned the show to a music concert.The camera are all over the place,like a chaos.
Behati's opening was not impressive at all,and don't even want to talk about the FB.:sick: And where the f were AA and Lima?Hardly see them omg.:angry::angry:It's like they don't walked for the show anymore!Dang,show some respect VS!!Ok,too much to rant I'll stop right now.
Magdalena slays so hard she really is a queen!I was like YASSSS QUEEN!!:heart::clap:

Well, I liked the stage/runway (the ice effect during IA was fab), and the Weeknd was fantastic, as was the opening remix. I sure miss having more of those. Could’ve done without half the models, though. Lots of fillers that brought nothing worthwhile. Sure missed the likes of Bregje this year, among others.

Still had some model standouts like Joan (she owned), Gracie (deserved more than 1 look, as did Magda), Sanne, Cindy B., Jasmine, Elsa, Candice (great walks), Jac (such class), Magda, and Behati (opening was nothing special, but better than last year at least. I still like her in the show; she’s just not an opener). Honorable mentions go to Barbara F., Romee, Josephine, Sharam, Kate, Leomie, and Maria. Some stood out more subtly, but were still pleasant to watch.

Maybe they should cut down the special to half an hour and just air the actual runway show, because the in-between segments are repetitive and dull.

the CW re-broadcast of this year's show is on Monday, Dec. 14 @ 8PM EST :smile:
source: saw commercial on the CW

I think the biggest problem with the show is how much attention they put on the backstage aspect & the people who create the show. We the viewers want to see the angels & the performers. The amount of time wasted with them talking about how hard they work every year is annoying. We know you work hard, but you don't hear the people behind the Grammys & Oscars talking about their struggles to make the show happen. Keep all of that on youtube. VS should really try something different & not have the team on camera next year. Nobody cares about them. Tbh they need a whole new team, but that probably won't happen.

This!!!:wink:

What if next year they actually aired it LIVE, like they do with awards shows. They could have the filler segments filled in advance, "Angels getting ready for the show", "Casting Process", etc whatever it is they choose. And then for the runway segments themselves have the show actually be happening LIVE. It would generate so much more attention and would also prevent us from seeing virtually all the content a month in advance.
I had exactly the same thought. I think they need to change something up. Having it live would definitely add an extra element to it to make people tune in. The problem is that for VS it's a big advert so if anything went wrong to make them look bad it could seriously backfire. I also think the networks in the US are extremely prudish so any accidental chance of nudity or near nudity wouldn't be well received.

Second solution is to get rid of Hamish Hamilton and co and get a brand new producer with some radically different ideas.

Maybe change up the Angel line-up too. I guess with worldwide expansion they need more spokesmodels to be in different places at the same time. But there's too many blonde identikit ones who really are near indistinguishable to the casual observer. Maybe cut down the number of models in the show by six or seven.

It seems these days the show lives or dies by the musical guests. It's not really surprising that in the UK the VSFS is shown on a teen music channel.

Or if all that is no good maybe it's time for them to call it a day and try something else entirely.

They were still doing all the big promotional stuff. I guess it didn't work too well but this one made me laugh.

They need to:
1. Hire new artistic team
2. Hire a new show choreographer (bring back Alexandre de Betak please)
3. Change their target audience (no more teenagers please)
4. Put less performers and more remixes
5. Bring back the glitter runway of 2005/06/07
6. Put sexier models with good walks in the show
7. Stop with this Instagram/selfie obsession
8. Stop doing the same themes every single year
9. Reduce the number of angels and models walking the show
10. Give wings to the angels ONLY
11. "Reduce" their ego (I'm talking about you Ed:cool:)
12. Stop the PINK segment or at least make it less tacky

That's all I can suggest for the moment

They need to:
1. Hire new artistic team
2. Hire a new show choreographer (bring back Alexandre de Betak please)
3. Change their target audience (no more teenagers please)
4. Put less performers and more remixes
5. Bring back the glitter runway of 2005/06/07
6. Put sexier models with good walks in the show
7. Stop with this Instagram/selfie obsession
8. Stop doing the same themes every single year
9. Reduce the number of angels and models walking the show
10. Give wings to the angels ONLY
11. "Reduce" their ego (I'm talking about you Ed:cool:)
12. Stop the PINK segment or at least make it less tacky

That's all I can suggest for the moment

Exactly! ::muscles:

Ew this year's show is such a laughable trainwreck. They deserved the poor rating.

I can only imagine how devastated the vs team must be. they had a lot riding on this. I mean they really must be banging their heads against a wall after compromising the sanctity of the show putting a reality tv star in it( who was plain looking and posed awkward) just to receive the lowest viewers/ratings ever. I'm sure a certain model who was cancelled is sipping her tea right now.

What I'm curious about is whether the ratings were a reflection of how disinterested people are in the show OR if, compared to other programming, the ratings weren't actually that bad.

I mean, the trend is for people to use Netflix and online streaming to watch shows rather than tune into cable. Maybe the ratings weren't actually that disappointing to the VS team? I don't know. I hope they're banging their heads against a wall - that show was awful!

they'll find a way to spin the numbers to make them look good. something like 'compared with other programs across the board, the numbers were actually an improvement when adjustments were taken into consideration' or some kind of non-verifiable crap like that.

OMG!!! Cant wait, to see the hole show on tv (December 21 / TNT Latinamerica). I only let myself to watch two segments.

I got chills with the snow segment, all the girls looked beautiful and THAT song was perfection... And the fireworks segment, what an energy boost. All the girls dancing and singing backstage. Cindy, Joan and Sara were having the time of their live on that runway!

I´ve been a fan of the VSFS since 2002 (no, i dont manage an IG account either i put "angel" on any of my socialmedia user names LOL), and i can say that i truly love every single edition!

In this day and age, the same day ratings won't matter much, people will watch the show on their site, on their Apple TV or whatever streaming service they have.

Plus the ratings won't matter, it's not like they make money through ads like other shows, it's the sales they'll get. They've been consistently growing each quarter for the past 24 quarters, grown over 50% in the past 6 years and their shares recently reached an all time high. I'm sure their 4Q sales will be great and the fashion show will continue to be their hype machine for the holidays.

At this point if they are going to change the fashion show, it will be if they take a huge loss but it doesn't seem that way so we'll be stuck with the same thing over and over again with the tired "Oh I love VS and I'm so glad to be here with my girlfirends and share this moment with them, that's what makes it so special" angle they've been shoving down our throats. But then again, I don't buy Victora's Secret items so who cares if I don't like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->