Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2015 (Video in post #818)

VS fashion show has been going down hill since 2006 and this year it got even worse to a whole new level. The worst of VSFS yet. The outfits are super awful and the models are so...idk what to say but there is nothing sexy about this show at all. Most models don't even know how to walk properly and I am tired of almost everyone blowing kisses, it is getting old. Bring back the pre-2007 days please... the whole show is just ew... :sick:

Why is show still on the air? VS and CBS doesn't need it, the models don't need it, the ratings don't matter,and VS can save money by not getting rid of it.

I wish wish WISH they did the girls hair better (look at Adriana's hair, it was so long and flat) and i wish they would also do the makeup better too! Make it abit more sexy and add lashes etc

The target audience of teenagers who have no idea how real sensual women look like.

I also don't see great variety of looks, I would easily have Romee there alone without either Martha or Stella who I can't really distinguish properly.

The show has become way too gimmick and it does look as of they don't even put their effort into creating an up-beat runway.

VS for me is about WOMEN who are SENSUAL, SEDUCTIVE and CONFIDENT.

It is not about little girls trying hard being playful and etc.

I read the reviews here and expected a nightmare but after watching it was actually spectacular. I loved all the segments even the singers who am not too fond of did a pretty good job. The new angels look young but I think they really know how to be sexy. My only complaints were the opening which seemed somewhat flat especially compared to her opening last year. Adriana seemed rather chill this time around too also the focus on the social media girls went overboard but then again its a commercial show you can't blame them for taking advantage of the girls fame.

I always end up watching the show, either as a rerun or youtube suggestion. There was a time, however, when I looked forward to it, I was younger and heavily into models but also the cringe-worthy moments were some 10% and not a good 95% of the show.

The decline in ratings is a generational thing that's affected all commercial networks in general but for a brand that pioneered live streaming for the closest thing to a fashion show way before anyone even thought of it or was comfortable with the idea, their current state is mostly a result of their desperate strategy in 2003 to be back on television after the 2001 uproar and a need to stay relevant in a format that simply does not allow what the show is about.

They need to either move to cable or go back to live streaming and deliver spectacular results in terms of quality and hype. Should they move to cable, I agree they have to go back to doing the show one week before it airs on tv, one month is way too long for our current times, by week two even talking about the Victoria's Secret show feels like old news.

Then they need to catch up with the times and understand (unlike someone mentioned above) that newer generations do have an idea on sensuality and are in fact lot more open towards sexuality than one can give them credit for, you see it on instagram, on tumblr, on the way people present themselves on social media, p*rn images and sadly p*rn culture (never an ideal but well..) are even part of the most harmless blogs so being "racy" is not even frowned upon, racy (which is what the 2001 show was deemed as and reason why they had to migrate to ABC and not do a 2002 show) is only part of the vocabulary of the people that don't have the time to care for Victoria's Secret, not as viewers and certainly not as consumers.

Victoria's Secret was never Agent Provocateur or some French lingerie brand, they're American... practicality sometimes just takes over, price tag included, but they still managed to sell the fantasy that it was exclusive and slightly prohibited, and special. Their stores these days, much like their show, are 51% Pink, 49% everything else, and that everything else mostly consists of crazy padded cups, almost like Instagram manages their nipples are from hell policy. So they should revisit that and free themselves, and free women, design-wise, even Urban Outfitters has nicer and more modern-looking lingerie than Victoria's Secret these days...

They also need to drop the tacky pinks and glitter in their stores and overall look. Sure the occassional red lighting of older commercials promised a lot more sex than it was meant to but they could go back to a more high class approach to lingerie and the luxury of it all, through darker, more refined colors. The younger male viewers networks are worried about are actually more up to date with fashion and the world of luxury than older ones, they know more designers, models, photographers than guys in say, 2002, it's a hipster/millennial thing, the whole fratboy aesthetic and understanding of sexiness isn't that popular or sought after as they think.

And then of course the models.... once upon a time they looked like proper Bond girls, they were extraordinary looking... often beautiful, sometimes a little weird but they all had this commanding presence regardless of their age (they were as young or younger than many of their current models) and they looked as rare as you could find, foreign in the fact that they were lightyears away from looking next door or like someone you could find at your nearby bar. Their current models, all of them, look like either a cute or hot sales associates or basic sorority girls. All of their current angels combined can't make one third of Gisele or Laetitia Casta or even Ana Claudia Michels. I'm sure many of them could (esp. Candice) if only they wore actual lingerie and were allowed to be sexy in a natural and not goofy and "bubbly" way. They speak of women empowerment and sexual confidence and yet they've reduced their models to look like the bimbo stereotype that has to entertain the crowd as a way to distract and apologize should it ever be too much.

Despite the hidden potential of the current cast though, I do think they need to bring more one-of-a-kind models, that girl that closed the show sums up the current state of the company (no wonder she closed the show!), don't know who she is but she was anyone anywhere, not unlike Lily and Behati. Models are only the tip of the iceberg anyway, you can have Edita or Lara and the show is still a disaster. They need a revamp asap and go back to basics, bigger is better is looking futile right now.

(lol a whole essay on VS.. happy sunday everyone! :lol:)

^^MulletProof, I agree with you word to word.

Their most iconic model on that runway, Adriana Lima, became one of the most recognized names for VS because she looks different and exotic. She doesn't look like someone you could find at a college party or a club in Miami. Same with Tyra, young Heidi, Laetitia etc.

The show is missing that exoticism..that wow factor. People want to see a fantasy. Fantasy is luxury!

^^MulletProof, I agree with you word to word.

Their most iconic model on that runway, Adriana Lima, became one of the most recognized names for VS because she looks different and exotic. She doesn't look like someone you could find at a college party or a club in Miami. Same with Tyra, young Heidi, Laetitia etc.

The show is missing that exoticism..that wow factor. People want to see a fantasy. Fantasy is luxury!

SO MUCH YES.

We need such ANGELS, who are called Angels for a reason.

They don't look like your typical taned blondie with big lips and such - they are exotic and exude natural sexiness and confidence.

too many blonds syndrome, I call it. Stella and Martha especially are as bland as they come. it's not a unique look. And Jac's second show as an Angel and still no wings. just bizarre the way this show is being run now. An Angel contract should mean wings. It's in the name.

I thought this were wings :unsure:
496586018.jpg

i4u.com

I guess? it kind of looks like just a highly stylized corset since you don't have the straps for the wings. But I'm sure VS considers them wings, since they considered Liu Wen's 2010 Game On flags to be wings.

From the new angels I only like Sara Sampaio. I liked her quite a bit before she became officially an angel. She has the latin exotic look which always worked for VS for all these years. She is actually beautful imo with a sweet personality. Too bad she is the only "exotic" girl from the bunch. Taylor is quite pretty too.They both have kind of 90's look (face wise). The rest are so plain and useless.Especially the blondes - people here(or some) may be able to tell them apart because they "study" and know them but to the average person they are identical. They will probably just think its the same girl. There is nothign appealing to me at least about them, waste of spots really. Elsa is okay(compare to the other three) if I had to pick one, but Matha, Romee and Stella are like wtf:shock: again imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ are you saying this just because of their hair colour? i think it's great that there is variety..i'd be so bored if they just used "exotic" (which don't really appeal to me) girls like sara. elsa and romee are some of the most unique/stand out girls they have left now.

After watching the show and the backstage/casting segments, the more I think about it the more I feel Leomie Anderson would be perfect as a Pink Ambassador. She's fun, confident, and what we call here "spunky" - like lots of attitude but in a cool, London-girl, sassy way.

Not to mention that she looks awesome in print and on the runway. What do you think?

^agree. I think she'd be a great pink spokesmodel. she's effortlessly cool and alluring, also very confident without seeming arrogant. She was so cute on the runway and had energy for days. Go Leomie!!

of all the official angels, I like Sara the most. she's energetic and fun in her interviews. as much as I like Candice, she's a complete bore when she talks.

Adriana Lima Meets ‘Adriana Lima’

Adriana Lima is the first Victoria’s Secret Angel to be immortalized by Madame Tussauds. Join the iconic supermodel in NYC for the big reveal, and get a peek into how her wax figure was created.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->