Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2015 (Video in post #818)

It was awful - even worse than I expected.

I can't believe I'm becoming so disinterested in VS now, but I am. For Angels, I like Candice alright and Taylor Hill is pretty. The show has a few non-Angels like Magdalena who are great. Other than that, I find hardly any reason to care anymore. So sad. :(

Hate to say it, but Kendall was one of the most attractive girls they had on the runway this year. That's when you know the VSFS has hit rock bottom.

The ratings and viewership for this years show were an all time low. I was almost certain that with the addition of Kendall Jenner, this year would be the most viewed vsfs to date. As it appears, casting her may have actually backfired. I enjoyed the show but I understand why ratings were low. The editing was very choppy and switched scenes so much that it was hard to keep up with the show and take in all the details. almost felt like the show was in fast forward. I hope this is a big eye opener for the VS team and if I were Sophia I would be shaking in my boots because she obviously needs to go. Also lily MUST hang up her angel wings I thought she'd improved after last year but she was a mess this year. horrible awkward walk and clearly no body awareness. As for Candice, she was clearly detached and did not want to be there just like Erin in 2014. If you look closely you could even see her roll her eyes while opening the ice angels segment

General thoughts in stream of consciousness format as I watch this show:

-Why did Behati even open again? Nothing special.
-Hated the 19 different camera angles during Boho, it was confusing.
-Kendall was pretty awkward, especially at the end with her posing.
-Portrait of an Angel looked so much more beautiful on camera than in pics, really classic.
-Flavia Lucini GAVE ME LIFE, all sorts of Ana BB/Michele Alves/Gisele circa 2001 Brazilian vibes, best new comer hands down (which probably means we'll never see her again).
-Selfie segment was dumb, thanks Adriana for reminding us that it's not rocket science.
-How did they manage to squeeze in a damn T Swift reference again?!
-Daniela Braga is fierce
-Elie Goulding is really boring.
-Did they get confused and put Barbara Fialho in the Butterfly segment instead of Fireworks?
-PINK: What a mess. Although I liked Selena, and who was that gorgeous black girl, she put every other model in that segment to shame.
-Taylor Hill really is the standout of the new angel group.
-Ice Angels: Too many damn mittens and ear muffs.
-Fireworks: AMAZING. This should have opened the show. "Can't Feel My Face" is a fantastic song, the models looked great, the best wings (i.e. Joan's, Behati's, Ale's, Maria's). Fantastic segment except for Lily's horrible opening walk.

Closing Thoughts:
-Too much Kendall
-Where was Adriana?
-The Weeknd crushed it, and Rihanna would have been SO much better than Elie
-Overall: meh, seemed like a show from a filler year like 2008, definitely not a 20th anniversary

Y'all know I'm quick to stand up for Kendall around here (someone has to) but I didn't think she fit well in the show.

Gigi on the other hand should work with them forever.

The ratings were terrible! See what happens when you mess with Queen Jourdan?

tumblr_nwcwlyEwUc1s8t4dvo2_r1_540.gif

xangeoudemonx.tumblr.com

-Flavia Lucini GAVE ME LIFE, all sorts of Ana BB/Michele Alves/Gisele circa 2001 Brazilian vibes, best new comer hands down (which probably means we'll never see her again).

Haha! Yup - she's destined to be another Barbara Palvin. Why do they always get rid of the best girls? Makes no sense. I've heard they're most likely cutting Lais soon, too, which is ridiculous because, other than Taylor Hill, she's the only new Angel who is anything special.

-Selfie segment was dumb, thanks Adriana for reminding us that it's not rocket science.
Not surprised to see the ratings stats, I missed it yesterday because I totally forgot it was on. Just my thoughts after watching the video.
-They need to think of more "filler" segment ideas...working out, how to take a selfie (loved Adriana's reaction), looking back at childhood pics..been there done that time to think of something new.
-I'm sorry this is mean, but I didn't realize Rachel was a model until they posted her name (but congrats to her on everything she's accomplished)
-Show Angels was the best segment for me...but what was that thing with Stella...who was she talking to and what was she saying (about 33:58 in the video)?
-Wish they would've Kate in Fireworks, she could've showed off that strut.

EDIT- Here's an idea for a filler segment, they have a lot of Angels from different parts of the world, talk about how Christmas (or other winter holiday) is celebrated there. See that wasn't that hard and certainly be more interesting than looking at baby pics again.

Last edited by a moderator:

-Why did Behati even open again? Nothing special.
-Hated the 19 different camera angles during Boho, it was confusing.
-Portrait of an Angel looked so much more beautiful on camera than in pics, really classic.
-How did they manage to squeeze in a damn T Swift reference again?!
-Daniela Braga is fierce
-Elie Goulding is really boring.
-Did they get confused and put Barbara Fialho in the Butterfly segment instead of Fireworks?
-PINK: What a mess. Although I liked Selena, and who was that gorgeous black girl, she put every other model in that segment to shame.
-Taylor Hill really is the standout of the new angel group.
-Ice Angels: Too many damn mittens and ear muffs.
-Fireworks: AMAZING. This should have opened the show. "Can't Feel My Face" is a fantastic song, the models looked great, the best wings (i.e. Joan's, Behati's, Ale's, Maria's). Fantastic segment except for Lily's horrible opening walk.

Closing Thoughts:
-Too much Kendall
-Where was Adriana?
-The Weeknd crushed it, and Rihanna would have been SO much better than Elie
-Overall: meh, seemed like a show from a filler year like 2008, definitely not a 20th anniversary

Totally Agree!

It was awful - even worse than I expected.

I can't believe I'm becoming so disinterested in VS now, but I am. For Angels, I like Candice alright and Taylor Hill is pretty. The show has a few non-Angels like Magdalena who are great. Other than that, I find hardly any reason to care anymore. So sad. :(

Hate to say it, but Kendall was one of the most attractive girls they had on the runway this year. That's when you know the VSFS has hit rock bottom.

Can't agree more~

I can't feel that it's 20 anniversary show. It's even worse that last year. I don't understand why they give Kendall and Gigi so much welcome. There's only 5 minutes for Lima and Alessandra. WTF.

Per Nielsen fast national data, Tuesday’s 2015 “VSFS” drew a 2.3 adults 18-49 rating and 6.592 million viewers. Last year’s edition of the lingerie-themed fashion show posted a considerably stronger 3.4 rating with 9.29 million total viewers.

I guess the masses have more discerning taste than they're given credit for.

I'm both surprised and not about this news. I never believed that Kendall or Gigi had the Midas touch which has been the supposed reason they're in and on everything. On the other hand, tuning in to the show would require little effort and no additional money spent by their followers. Seems like they weren't a big enough draw to bring them in.

I haven't watch the show yet(don't care that much lol)and seeing y'all discussing just make me even more careless for the show:( It's sad I'm one of those girl waiting for the VSFS each year to see all the beauty now had gone such downhill.:cry: Well..
I can't feel that it's 20 anniversary show. It's even worse that last year. I don't understand why they give Kendall and Gigi so much welcome. There's only 5 minutes for Lima and Alessandra. WTF.
WHAT!?!??!?!NOW THATS SOOOOOOO F UP VS!!MY QUEEN LIMA!!!!:furious:
and lol@ Jourdan's gif:rofl:

Ok,

Just re-watched the show.

I actually think it was much better than we're giving it credit for. I really liked last year, and I think this year was pretty awesome, too. The musical performers all did a fantastic job and interacted enough with the models to keep it fresh, but didn't hog the stage (*cough* Taylor). I felt like the songs they performed were great for walking, as well.

And Selena Gomez is sexy!! I never really got her appeal until just now. That was easily my favourite PINK segment in the last several years.

I thought Behati's opening was pretty lackluster, I gotta say. She just doesn't have any fierce to her. And if you're going to open, you either have to just come strong and fierce (a la Gisele) or you have to be SO over-the-top with energy and enthusiasm (a la Adriana). Behati just doesn't have *it*. Honestly, none of them do at the moment. Candice turned on the sexy fierce this year, but it's still too soft to really make a *POW* as an open.

In general, there's a particular kind of energy that was pretty much totally absent from the show (with the exception of a few moments). And it's that strong, confident, mature, sexy attitude that models like Gisele, KK, Naomi, Eva, Tyra (when she wanted to), etc all had. Everything is just so smiley and cutesy and FUN! And that's great, but not for every model in every segment!

I just watched the show. The collection in each segment wasn't that bad but some of these models lack attitudes. A lot of angels are not 'household names' and some girls' walk are just horrible. I didn't even realize it's their 20th anniversary show. I mean, there wasn't any special wings that get me jump up and down. The production itself seems to be scaled back a lot.This is easily one of their worst shows ever.

After watching the show I must say a few things.
The whole VS crew takes themselves way too seriously (production etc.) and that is their main problem. Ed & co. are trying to "out-do" themselves every year and it leads nowhere... I miss the subtlety of VS during early 2000s, good remixes on the runway, composed, subtle and seductive models who looked like WOMEN and simple, yet stunning lingerie.
Lingerie and costumes were really tacky this year (actually, they have been for a few years now but nevermind) - what is wrong with a simple bra with panties, stunning pieces of jewellery and simple white wings??
I swear to God that I do not understand the point of pointing to the camera - who are you pointing to?? What is the meaning of that??

Standouts: Maria Borges, Joan, Cindy Bruna, Queen Magda. Pauline was cute.
I was actually impressed with Gigi during the PINK segment. You go girl!

Wow this is the worst show and this is not me joining the bandwagon.

Behati's opening was so lacklustre and boring which I believe affected my mood towards the rest of that segment. Why pick a model who is not fierce enough to give a great opening like previous years?

Kendal is not VF worthy and was quite stiff (as usual).

I really wish the editors would focus on one model at a time and show us their walk and full length camera angle.

This show wasn't sexy...not just because they covered up a lot of the models butt just their whole vibe. Hardly any sultry vibes or fierce walks. Joan and Candice are some of the few that brought this to the table.

Bad show.

Per Nielsen fast national data, Tuesday’s 2015 “VSFS” drew a 2.3 adults 18-49 rating and 6.592 million viewers. Last year’s edition of the lingerie-themed fashion show posted a considerably stronger 3.4 rating with 9.29 million total viewers.

I think this proves that social media presence has its limits. Why would someone want to see something he has already seen a million times on Instagram? It's like spoiling a TV show one month before it airs. No one would like to watch it. The entire show and outfits were on social media so why people should waste their time watching the show? Too much exposure can really be harmful... The ratings are proving it.
The VSFS is no longer the glamorous, sexy, feminine show it used to be. Now it's all about teenagers and model fan clubs. They wanted to target a younger audience, they lost an older audience...

What a boring show.

Behati walks like she is at the supermarket
Adriana looks bad. It looks like she did not had any make up on.

A bunch of fillers.

Why so many slow songs.

Pink used to be the one I dislike the most. But know it has been my favorite one mostly bc they always had good/energetic music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->