Target's "Go International" with Luella Bartley

Has anybody seen or bought the sunglasses? If so what are they like? And are they small or are they the big oversized ones?

love that skull and heart print top and tote..will def. check that out..and maybe the sizes just run [super] small?..can't wait to stop by target

i signed up for the "passport" thing on the target site, where it said you would get updates and a chance to buy things first, but for some reason i never recieved anything - has anyone else?
now on the luella thing theres access to videos and an exclusive one you can only see if you put in your passport number - which obviously i DONT HAVE!! whats going on??
has anyone got a passport number they can PM me so i can at least see the stuff thats "exclusive"?

plus, has anyone got any ideas where i might get one of the cherry print tote bags given out at the catwalk show? its not in the collection, and the tote style is much more practical for me than any of the others...any fashion insiders have any ideas? :flower:

nypost story

THE BRITISH ARE COMING!

By FARRAH WEINSTEIN
Get ready for Luella mania. Cherry-print pocketbooks, heart motif button-downs and skull iPod holders will be all the rage as Target stores unveil their exclusive line from Brit designer Luella Bartley tomorrow.
The catch? It's only in stores for 90 days.
As the latest in limited-edition shopping campaigns, Target is taking a page from H&M, which had successful sell-out collections from European designers Stella McCartney and Karl Lagerfeld.
"It's going to be a huge hit," says Stephanie Trong, deputy editor at Jane Magazine. "Luella's trademark is Brit cool."
The sassy collection features cropped jean jackets, pleated schoolgirl skirts, prom dresses and bathing suits, all with Luella's trademark tomboy punk edge, ranging from $9.99 to $149.99.
"It's adorable," Trong says. "I like how it's prep, but subversive prep, and she uses a lot of bright color and bold patterns. That's fun, and that's the way a twenty-something girl wants to dress, and she wants to experiment."
Target will sell limited-edition collections from four high-end designers over the next year. WWD has speculated that the next designer team could be Proenza Schouler's Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez.
"It gives me such a buzz to be able to appeal to that girl, the 14- or 15-year-old girl who can't necessarily afford my clothes and shouldn't be spending that kind of money," Bartley, a former British Vogue fashion writer, told The Post from her estate in Cornwall, London. "I've been egotistical, and checking out those chat rooms on the Internet, and there's all these young excited girls."
While designing for the masses seemed like a big chore at first, it was actually quite refreshing for the blonde-haired mother-of-two, and helped fuel her creative juices for her fall 2006 collection, which she will unveil for Fashion Week Feb. 8 at the Union League Club.
"The Target collection is fundamentally what I am about," she says. "It's what I love. It's very, very English, but with a bit of Americana cheerleader. The main inspiration is the English-ness and the London sense of history, of the music scene, or rioting, or English sports.
There are Targets in Queens and Brooklyn, and a "pop-up store" traveling around the city in a double decker London bus.
It's hard to say whether the frenzy will bring out fashionista claws like Stella McCartney for H&M (Target has 1,400 stores compared to H&M's 12 nationwide, and there are 100 pieces compared to 40), but Trong predicts "pandemonium."
Famed for designing clothes "to get drunk and fall over in," Bartley's collections of stovepipe pants, leather jackets and leather Gisele bags are staples in the closets of celebrities like Kate Moss.
Bartley's favorite piece is a green-and-black tartan prom dress.
"It's quite silly, but you feel fab going to a party in that," she says. "It has the '80's 'Pretty in Pink' prom vibe. (The collection) is not all midriff and plunging necklines, and I don't think it's overtly sexy. I don't think that's necessary as a teenager."

clickmekate said:
i signed up for the "passport" thing on the target site, where it said you would get updates and a chance to buy things first, but for some reason i never recieved anything - has anyone else?
now on the luella thing theres access to videos and an exclusive one you can only see if you put in your passport number - which obviously i DONT HAVE!! whats going on??
has anyone got a passport number they can PM me so i can at least see the stuff thats "exclusive"?

same thing happened to me!

dulcedeleche said:
Ok, I am going to cry, seriously. I just tried on the black pants w/suspenders. And I had to go up TWO sizes, and even then, I had to suck in my waist! I have never ever ever had to go up THREE whole sizes, it is just ridiculous. I have tried on pants recently too, so I know it isn't that I've gained weight. Has anyone else noticed this with pants and skirts? I feel so amazingly fat right now.....:cry:

Don't worry - I went up three sizes in the plaid dress I bought today. It's definitely the "English" sizing (two sizes bigger than US). It was definitely a bit disconcerting to be unable to pull on my normal size, but at least it seems to be a common issue with the line.

clickmekate said:

Same problem here....

I want to order a skirt online--but I wonder if the skirts will be like that too (Much smaller?)

I'm probably screwed. I ordered the pencil skirt with rugby top (courtside chic picture) and didn't even think about U.K sizing. I'm sure I'll be returning both. That's okay cause when I ordered on Friday they didn't have some of the other cute stuff like the skull top and shirt dress so I'll probably just exchange it.

At least I have the yellow hobo and skull clutch to look forward to...no sizing issues there. :flower:

Ruby_slippers said:
Don't worry - I went up three sizes in the plaid dress I bought today. It's definitely the "English" sizing (two sizes bigger than US). It was definitely a bit disconcerting to be unable to pull on my normal size, but at least it seems to be a common issue with the line.
That is so good to hear...Thank You!!

So, where is the striped-sequin top and skull and heart shirt on the Target website? Maybe those items are only going to select stores? Has anyone seen them?

British designer kicks off Target's limited editions

By A. SCOTT WALTON
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 02/01/06 Luella Bartley is not a household name in the United States. But the British fashion designer soon could be — with help from Target.
Renditions of Bartley's youth-oriented apparel will kick off the retail chain's "Go International" initiative today.
Her collection includes iPod cases, T-shirts, jeans and leather biker-style jackets, ranging from $9.99 to $149.99 and available for only 90 days. After that, Target will feature another international label with a three-month offering.
Years ago, the retailer spearheaded the trend by co-opting designers such as Mossimo, Todd Oldham, Cynthia Rowley and Isaac Mizrahi to create capsule collections at lower prices. Swedish-based fashion chain H&M has adopted that strategy with great success. Collections H&M commissioned from Karl Lagerfeld and Stella McCartney sold out in recent years.
"I like the idea of offering limited-edition collections from an international name," said Tom Julian, senior vice president for trends at the New York-based advertising agency McCann Erickson. "It titillates the customers and exposes a new fashion view without overwhelming the [merchandise] mix."
He said the move also helps satisfy consumers' ever-changing tastes.
"By partnering with forward-thinking designers, we provide our guests the latest trends and hottest styles, available only for a limited time," said Trish Adams, a Target senior vice president.
Bartley is known for signature handbags festooned with brass rings, studs and heart-shaped appliqués — priced $900 to $2,000 — at upscale stores like Neiman Marcus. Though she has designed apparel for the past six years, clothes by Bartley have failed to achieve widespread retail distribution until now.
"I love that Target continues to surprise people every day," Bartley said. "It's exactly what I try to do with each collection I design."

I hope in 10 years all the best designers will have collections at target wall mart etc. Makes alot more sense - you can sell millions of items to the masses and make a fortune and contribute to the style of the average consumer.

Did not know about the Luella line at Target, but I did see the line yesterday in the store up the street from my house. I only saw a leather and pastel blue suede jacket and the strip dress

ok, so a lot of the stuff is now online, but is it just me, or does there seem to be quite a lot of items missing from the line?
I was looking forward to the red/white stripe top and lace-back jeans that are in the Feb issue of Elle, as well as the fact that theres supposed to be a skull print iPod case too...has anyone seen these things in store?
I'm in the UK but have a US shipping address with shopthestates.com, so i can only shop online - do you guys think they will add to the line as the 90 days go on, or is everything up?
Also, the green cropped jacket thats in the "outfits" section - is that supposed to be the same green jacket from the Elle spread? if so i'm disappointed, as it looked longer and cuter in Elle, with little patches etc...I was going to order the one in Elle...
I'm SO hoping that this is just the beginning and that there will be more put on the site as the days go by :(

^they should add more. I went to 2 targets today and they had VERY limited items in store. Not even half of the stuff online was availiable at the store and vice versa, which leads me to believe they will continue to add stuff.

They didn't have the skull and heart stuff or the sunglasses...or the sequined stripe tank and skinny black trousers...

my target also had only about half the items on the website...

they had almost sold out of the plaid dress (that was the only dress they had as well) the only one left was in size 15 (whatever size that is)

it looked pretty good to me for 39.99!!!

the sizing was completely strange. i got the black suspender jeans in size 9 and the green mini-skirt in size 7 (i am normally a size 4 to 6)

what is with these absurd sizes????

the rainbow tank top looked nice. i wasnt impressed with the quality of the other tank tops however.

i was impressed with the fit of the blazers. i tried on a navy one. i saw the red and white striped ones and they didnt seem so garish in person.

the leather jackets looked cute. but pricy for 150 bucks. (and im wary of buying leather items at target i read an issac mizrahi interview where he said he and target use pig leather instead of cow leather)

the suede jackets looked cute.

the zippered pockets on the puff sleeve short sleeve tops are fake! thats kind of disapointing.

the zippered black tulle skirt was kinda nice, but i tried the zippers and they got stuck. forget that.

so i only bought two things. the black suspender jeans and the green skirt.

went to target today,

tons of great stuff, pretty good selection of colors and sizes. however, the sizing is very large! i saw several things i'll definately get, the shirts are awsome, the accessories are too plastic and yellow for my taste. i can already imagine those leather jackets marked down 60% in a few weeks. i doubt they will sell well at target at over $100... but overall really cute stuff. i didn't get the 'graffity' patterned shirts, they look like pyjamas:woot:

i'm very excited to see this and just hope they won't sell out right away:innocent:

aya_k said:
went to target today,

tons of great stuff, pretty good selection of colors and sizes. however, the sizing is very large! i saw several things i'll definately get, the shirts are awsome, the accessories are too plastic and yellow for my taste. i can already imagine those leather jackets marked down 60% in a few weeks. i doubt they will sell well at target at over $100... but overall really cute stuff. i didn't get the 'graffity' patterned shirts, they look like pyjamas:woot:

i'm very excited to see this and just hope they won't sell out right away:innocent:

did you go to a target in NJ or one of the boro's?

I got the dark navy blazer today and I love it. I didn't see any of the sunglasses or the necklaces though. They run really big in my opinion I had to get an extra small and it fits really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hopsfie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->