Target's "Go International" with Luella Bartley

The Target I went to this time actually had a large collection of Luella stuff. They had most of the accessories, purses and all of the blazers. That green plaid dress was unimpressive, there was no zipper and terrible to take off (but simple to put on). The blazers were better than I thought while the polo shirts and other tops were terrible- also those "leather" jackets. Jeans and such weren't much to talk about either. The suede zip-up was actually pretty nice but I didn't really want it.

I only brought the "Luella Grommet Tulip Skirt Squire Green:"
B000DT7D9E.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS260_.jpg

(target.com)

miaou said:
I checked out the Luella line at Target on Monday... I bought the leather biker jacket at $150. I think this is the best deal for the entire Luella target collection. At first I thought the fit and cut of the jacket was weird. The arm holes were cut a bit too large (felt weird raising my arms up and down), and the back didn't fall down straight and got bunched up.

Wow! Thanks. This might be asking a lot (but I figure why not ask) - could you post a picture? I have been dying to get a motorcycle jacket but find they are often cut too large and are kind of bulky in the shoulders... I just wanted to know how it fit on your frame. Also how was it size-wise? I won't be in the USA until mid-Feb. and am wondering if I should just order it online (that's why I am being so particular).

the new issue of shop etc. magazine has a photo of the sequin black and white tank top. says it retails for 39.99.

it also shows the shirt dress for 29.99. the shirtdress looks great for hot weather.

pixiewytch said:
I am loving the yellow hobo. It is huge and nicely constructed compared to the skull clutch I got earlier today. The red lining is nice too. I can see it as a great casual day bag that will fit everything.

this is totally cheeky, but i'm going to order some stuff to be shipped to me in the UK (via an int'l shipping company) so i can't exactly send it back - I wondered if there was any way you might be able to post pics of the hobo? i'm thinking about it, but the target.com pics don't give you much idea what its like IRL...the pouches/pockets on the outside look like they could be hit or miss to me...
thanks in advance x

i just went to my target tonight and was suprised to see that they had it considering the girl i talked to previously didn't have a clue about what i was talking about...but anways there was a small section in the juniors department with the luella bartley collection and i wasn't as IMPRESSED as i thought i would be and was suprised by the material of some of the pieces..and like many of you i was hoping to find the striped sequin top..i'm guessing they'll put out more things gradually..and i was disappointed that they didnt have the skull shirt, tote, or the cherry ipod case..but i'll come back soon

i tried on a white fitted blazzer with cherry lining and colorful buttons and a black poof sleeve t-shirt, and the light-washed jeans with the heart pockets

i loved the fit of the jeans, though they were a little long, and i'm suprised that that was all i got

..and i just went to the target website and found out i payed $39.99..hmm.

Last edited by a moderator:
read on a blog somewhere (i've lost it now, cant remember which one) that someone asked in target and the majority of the "skull" stuff, and also, i'm assuming, the other missing stuff, will go on sale once the cherry stuff has sold - the blog said march... this suggests that they're holding back items to put them out over the 90 days rather than all in one go.
it's so difficult to know when to order...and i'm so torn about the yellow hobo...is it nice in person?
also, are the "heart pocket" jeans on the website (light wash) the same as the ones with the lace/ruffle at the back? in the feb elle it looks like the ruffle back ones have heart pockets - but I'd want the dark wash like in elle rather than the light ones :sick:

i think it is random which items end up at each target.

i went to a target great land expecting to see a lot more stuff but it had 1/4 the amount a regular target that i had visited on wednesday had.

this target for some reason had no accessories and all summer stuff.

bathing suits, bermuda shorts tank tops etc.

i also saw the polka dotted dresses (same style as the tartan one)

surprisingly it fit perfectly! i was scared i would need someone to help pull it off but it wasnt the case! it is really nice.

eck, i just got back from two different targets. not impressed by the selection either. and i was sad abou the polka dot dress fabric. i thought it was sort of..i dunno. and the one thing i really wanted, the rugby polo, wasnt there:(

prettyjuice said:
eck, i just got back from two different targets. not impressed by the selection either. and i was sad abou the polka dot dress fabric. i thought it was sort of..i dunno. and the one thing i really wanted, the rugby polo, wasnt there:(

What is this polka dot dress- is it the same as the green plaid one? or the black and red one? or different?

its like the tartan plaid one, but with medium sized pink polka dots. its cute i guess..but not really my style, maybe if the dots were white

I went to Target today and I got the tartan dress which I have been in love with for awhile. I tried on the kelly green pencil skirt but it was really unflattering. Overall I was pretty impressed by the collection except for the fact that it was missing a lot of the pieces I was looking forward to, like the rugby shirt. I think I'm going to go back and get the white puff sleeve tee and the button down oxford. I really like the navy blazer, the cherry tennis skirt, the black zip skirt, and the light yellow ruffle blouse, but I would rather wait for these to go on sale.

The only con about the tulip skirt I brought is probably the difficulty in sitting down. The skirt kind of just kind of scrunches and puffs up...

Does anyone know if the shirts and jackets are true to size??? My family in the US are willing to buy some of the Luella-items for me, but I have no idea what size they should buy! I'm a EU size 36-38 or US woman (not junior) size 4-6.

northern_song said:
I went to Target today and I got the tartan dress which I have been in love with for awhile. I tried on the kelly green pencil skirt but it was really unflattering. Overall I was pretty impressed by the collection except for the fact that it was missing a lot of the pieces I was looking forward to, like the rugby shirt. I think I'm going to go back and get the white puff sleeve tee and the button down oxford. I really like the navy blazer, the cherry tennis skirt, the black zip skirt, and the light yellow ruffle blouse, but I would rather wait for these to go on sale.

I wouldn't wait for any of this to go on sale, I think its unlikely it will, the amount of TV, billboard and press this is getting I think its going to seel out fast! Target seem to be really behind this. A great collaboration overall I think

fashionaddict1 said:
I wouldn't wait for any of this to go on sale, I think its unlikely it will, the amount of TV, billboard and press this is getting I think its going to seel out fast! Target seem to be really behind this. A great collaboration overall I think

Well the Floricci(sp?) stuff is on a lot of the clearance ranks... but then again the floricci stuff was crap :innocent:

i also think it is doubtfull that a lot of it will go on sale. due to the fact that stores seem to be splitting up the collection. i havent seen it advertised in any circulars though.

the fiorucci stuff was unbelievably crap.

Joyeux said:
Does anyone know if the shirts and jackets are true to size??? My family in the US are willing to buy some of the Luella-items for me, but I have no idea what size they should buy! I'm a EU size 36-38 or US woman (not junior) size 4-6.
Joyeux, other people and I have noticed that the clothes have an odd fit and tend to run small. I'm about your size and that was true for me. Maybe going up a size or 2 would help? Hope this helps :flower:

Callidora said:
I totally second that notion about the fit thing. I tried on the puffy sleeve tee and that black zippy rocker skirt, and both fit me very poorly. And I ususally have little trouble finding clothes that fit, so I was kind of p o'd.

dulcedeleche said:
I had to go up 3 sizes in the pants with suspenders. Juniors sizing or not, I know that I don't wear that large a size. I can fit a large perfectly at Forever 21, and that's probably a size 8 tops. The sizing is way off on the pants...

miaou said:
-The fit is strange, and not akin to the Mossimo and Xhiliration lines. I definitely don't have a junior fit body, so I had to try some pieces on in larger sizes. I'm normally a size 3/5 in Mossimo jeans, and the Luella pants at size 9 fit me.

SFMelissa said:
I totally agree. I had to go up three sizes and even then, the fit was just weird. I don't have a straight, no hips body....but the sizing was just way off. The shirts fit slightly small, but no where near the pants sizing.

a lot of the items are out of stock or are only available in large sizes on the target website.

beware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hopsfie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->