The Model Agency Mega Thread (January 2004 - March 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't refer to any specific agency but don't rely on TV reports nor newspapers articles. I remember some German cases but can't talk about here.

I don't refer to any specific agency but don't rely on TV reports nor newspapers articles. I remember some German cases but can't talk about here.
Well, then I can't figure out how this info could be helpful to anyone... It's no big deal to say the same thing about any agency in the world :smile: In case you have smth, maybe it would be nice if you invent a way to tell it to the people, otherwise it all looks pretty nasty...
Sorry, but it's the 2nd time in 24 hours that someone is saying that he knows smth but can't tell... Not too informative, is it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Premier is more than top

I will say it ,but I think its will be delete :wink:

They dont accept models with over 50 Kgs ,they have a diet plan for models that have more than 50 :wink:

Premier is more than top

They dont accept models with over 50 Kgs ,they have a diet plan for models that have more than 50 :wink:

said on TV i guess:D

there is even nothing to weight models in most agencies...:rolleyes:
only a meter to check measurements, nobody care about weight in this business, only centimeters count...:wink:

Yes you are right ^^^

haha but thats typical TV:lol:

Premier is more than top

Well, I can't imagine why someone would bother to delete this...
Anyway, well, 50 kgs is the critical point for any model smaller than 177 and in case she's not full-breasted. I don't know what exactly you're talking about, but when the girls are advanced all the expenses they should be in 150% shape. And in case they succeeded to invent smth new other than boiled asperge, that's ok with me. You disagree?

said on TV i guess:D

there is even nothing to weight models in most agencies...:rolleyes:
only a meter to check measurements, nobody care about weight in this business, only centimeters count...:wink:

You're not completely right, there's such a thing like water retention... You could hear quite often that this or that girl is kind of big... In centimeters everything is all right, it's her arms that are big... And her face may be kind of swollen... Happens sometimes when the girls start to take some pills...

Well, then I can't figure out how this info could be helpful to anyone... It's no big deal to say the same thing about any agency in the world :smile: In case you have smth, maybe it would be nice if you invent a way to tell it to the people, otherwise it all looks pretty nasty...
Sorry, but it's the 2nd time in 24 hours that someone is saying that he knows smth but can't tell... Not too informative, is it?
Main main point was that one shouldn't blindly rely on the media, be it TV, newspapers etc. Reporters often talk about things they don't know much about and also often help spreading misconceptions and shows like the various national [insert some country name here] Next Top Model flavours don't necessarily help much either.

Now if you want an exemple, I could refer to some persons involved in the German Metropolitan agency who had a website looking like the legit agency in Paris but without being related to them. To make thngs very clear this is only a reference to various things which appeared in some German media.

Blunier

Oh, I see.... Sure, reporters are lying nearly all the time as long as they can't know anyhow what's going on. And, well, it's trivial and I think everybody knows it...

Still again I can't imagine why you were thinking that it would be deleted.

You're not completely right, there's such a thing like water retention... You could hear quite often that this or that girl is kind of big... In centimeters everything is all right, it's her arms that are big... And her face may be kind of swollen... Happens sometimes when the girls start to take some pills...
But that isn't directly related to weight.

Weight as such can't be seen directly. Two girls can have exactly the same weight and still have very different looking bodies. So, overall, why should one care about the weight? Sure that we all know some reasonable weight ranges by experience but that doesn't matter as such because what ultimately counts it what you see. The fact that a girl weights a few pounds more or less than another is totally irrelevant.

For models, objectives are measured in centimeters (or inches), not in kilograms (or pounds). And even bust/waist/hips stats don't tell the whole story. It's also a lot about toning etc.
I'm tired of all those weight related discussions. It's anyway close to impossible to have a constructive model-weight-related discussion in a public forum.

The main problem is very simple: Most aspiring models don't have a body which will ever allow them to meet the requirements (for fashion) so they shouldn't even worry about trying to meet them because it simply won't work.
Some girls are naturally lean and some have a metabolism which allows them to meet those requirements without health risks but many, indeed most, don't have that luck and that's it.

(Hope this was allowed, I don't know exactly which weight-related discussions are allowed or not her. Moderators feel free to edit or delete this message.)

Blunier

Wilma Wakker has such stunning girls, their site is better than any shop in the world :smile:

there is a difference between mother agency and abroad agency in term of contracts? if a model leave an agency short after she joined, does this mean agency didn't see potential in her? I'm asking cause I read somewhere here that for models can be difficult to leave an agency, but I'm seeing many agency changes also in "new" girls :unsure:

there is a difference between mother agency and abroad agency in term of contracts? if a model leave an agency short after she joined, does this mean agency didn't see potential in her? I'm asking cause I read somewhere here that for models can be difficult to leave an agency, but I'm seeing many agency changes also in "new" girls :unsure:

that depends a lot of the mother agency, caus even if some mother agencies have structur and experience very close to what agencies abroad have, some top girls can still be found by some kind of "modeling school" or "miss contest promoter, who have absolutly no knowldegement of modeling deal abroad.
so obviously, the contract from the "good" mother agencies are much stronger than the ones from the ones who have no experience.

a contract from a good mother agency can normally control the placement of the girl at 100% all over the world, caus any conflict can stuck the girl, current exemple, Ernesta Petkeviciute, did not do fashion week, just because of problem of that kind.
But of course...monney usually can arrange everything, and usually when a good mother agency release a girl completly, it is in exchange of a good cheque coming from a big agency...:innocent:

sometimes its so when a model leave the agency that she had too much "dettes" and when its over a maximum then the agency say good bye to the girl its often by 1500 euros :innocent:

sometimes its so when a model leave the agency that she had too much "dettes" and when its over a maximum then the agency say good bye to the girl its often by 1500 euros :innocent:

absolutly not.

it is even the oposite, wen a girl has debt, she must find solution to pay it, if not she is stuck with the agency where she has debt.
solution being often that the new agency who take the girl must pay the debt to the agency where she was.
But an agency never kick out a girl who has debt if they re not sure to have the monney back somehow.
if there is no way to have the monney back, they prefer to keep the girl and to do nothing of her than to give her "for free" to another agency.

check the development board at IMG and check how many girls ae there doing absolutly nothing, and u will get what i mean...

in German its so in some agents ,I know girls ,they throw because they had too many dettes ^^

in German its so in some agents ,I know girls ,they throw because they had too many dettes ^^

and so, what they do of the debt after? they just forget it?

also the amount u mentioned is very low, a new face in Paris is very quickly around 2500-3000 euros of debt before to start to work. just a flight, one month appartment, 2 test, and comp card will put the girl already at -2000, add the pocket monney and other little thing and u are quickly at 3000,,,

yes here I know some faces ,they throw because they had too much dept and no work .....But I just know in Modelwerk you don´t have to pay your debt back to the agent ,but the other ones I dont know

Could someone answer me how long does it take for foreign model agents who visit agencies in smaller countries to decide whether they'd take the model or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->