The Model Agency Mega Thread

I was wondering what No Smoking was, wasn't expecting it to be an agency

Paul Rowland just announced that he’s back with Ford. I’m very intrigued by this!

^^ Is he replacing Louie C or in addition to? Ford has gone through so many changes in the past 10-15 years with ownership and leadership.

Last edited:
Paul Rowland just announced that he’s back with Ford. I’m very intrigued by this!
I wonder who will stay & leave Ford NY soon The agency has an unstable leadership for the past decade

I don’t think Louie Chaban is at Ford anymore, though I could be wrong. Maybe with Paul, Ford can get back on its feet. Will be interesting to see.

His first time around at Ford, he brought over a bunch of models from Supreme. He also recruited bookers/models from Elite and Next. Not sure if he'll be able to do that this time around, at least immediately as he's been out of the biz for years and years. He still has friends and followers in the biz, apparently, but whether those people will conduct biz with him is unclear. And the models he repped 10 years ago don't work much anymore, so if they went back to the agency, they won't have much of an effect. Ford's never really became a destination agency under Louie C and some of the models who have been loyal to him, like K McMenamy and K Owens, have since left for other agencies. Other girls like Sora and Sternberg departed for other agencies under his leadership. Defections happen, of course, and he may not be to blame. Who knows what Ford's owner in Brazil was dictating. Ford NY seems to be more of a commercial agency while Ford Paris seems to be where the A list, high fashion bookings are done. You'd think as sister agencies more of the New York models would be repped by the Paris agency and vice versa, but so many of the top girls at Paris are signed to other NY agencies. And so few of Ford Paris' top new faces are sign with the NY branch. If Louie's still at Ford NY, it will be very interesting to see how he and Rowland coexist. I think they were at Supreme and Women at the same time, but they were sister agencies and the two may not have interacted much.

It is *NOT* a good sign for Ford NY that barely any of Ford Paris' new faces sign with them. When Ella McCutcheon signed with Ford NY I was kind of shocked lol. Ford has had sooo many ups and downs over the years, but right now I feel like they are more commercially-minded than anything. Like other people mentioned, when Ford posts high-end bookings on their instagram, it's mostly from the Paris branch.

If Paul is planning on bringing these big agents over to Ford with him, does Ford really have the $$$ to pay their huge salaries? Who knows lmao

Wow. I thought something was up when he left IMG so suddenly earlier this year. Few agents really ever change the market or leave a lasting influence that survives after them, but he was one of them.

RIP Ivan Bart!

I'm grateful to have worked with him for a short time. He was definitely a force.

So sad, 60 isn't even old tbh.
I was very saddened too when I saw these news yesterday (actually that was the very first lines I read on Instagram...) Had only met him once, for like 5 minutes or less, but that's the kind of memories you can't erase from your mind for sure.

Seems that he did a lot to keep those rumors alive, himself, though!

So......what does that mean...?? he is going to work for Ford Chicago, Miami or Los Angeles? :lol::thinking:

Or is he (re-)opening a scouting office in North Africa?

Maggie Rizer, Christina Kruse, Verushka, and Agyness Deyn are all no longer on Ford's website ... looks like Louie C left Ford.

So......what does that mean...?? he is going to work for Ford Chicago, Miami or Los Angeles? :lol::thinking:

Or is he (re-)opening a scouting office in North Africa?
Well, personally I do not know. I'd surely love a Rowland's return to fashion modeling (especially to see his pink carpet on that tarnish landscape again!) but who knows... Ford Casablanca sounds fancy, though! :smilingwhearteyes::smilingwhearteyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->