The YSL Makeup Thread

^ i've always used mine as a concealer, works great for me!

edit; i never have real dark circles under my eyes and never any puffiness, so perhaps that's why it works so great for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
^I would never ever use it, esp not on spots, it looks SO awful in pictures. The light-reflective stuff in it makes it looks VERY odd...and now I come to think of it I've never seen a MUA use it, probably because of how it looks on pics.

It is a skin brightener, not a concealer, so it's not supposed to cover anything up.

I have seen MUA's mention in tutorial videos, like pixiwoo, that they never use Touche Eclat because of the aforementioned photographic problem. It just creates a bright white reflection apparently. I have to admit, i've not seen this happen personally, but I can see how it would.

^Flash photography. It looks really odd. It really lights up in a very unfortunate way, I've seen it lots of times (even on myself :doh:)

What I find really strange is how Estee Lauder Doublewear Foundation looks in photography, it's AWFUL, which I wouldn't have expected.

I think I have seen what you mean actually, this reverse panda eyes look, everything bright white and shiny, no good!!

A friend recently gave me a YSL lipstick and I am loving it, total HG quality. So much pigment but it feels like nothing at all on the lips.

More pics from the Spring collection - this looks NICE! I LOVE the 2nd Pink Celebration palette, the Velvety Peach cream blush and Coral Poetique and Blond Ingenu l/s :heart:

chicprofile.com
Yves-Saint-Laurent-Spring-2011-Pink-Celebration-Palette.jpg

Yves-Saing-Laurent-spring-2011-Nail-Polish-Duo.jpg

Yves-Saint-Laurent-Spring-2011-cream-blushes.jpg

Yves-Saint-Laurent-Spring-2011-Mascara-Singular.jpg

Yves-Saint-Laurent-Spring-2011-Mono-Eyeshadow.jpg
Yves-Saint-Laurent-Spring-2011-Bohemian-Chic-Eyeshadow-Palette.jpg

Yves-Saint-Laurent-Spring-2011-Golden-Gloss.jpg

Yves-Saint-Laurent-Spring-2011-lipstick.jpg

Pink Celebration Palette – Limited Edition – 52.00 £
Will be available in 2 shades.
Nail Polish Duo – 31.99 £
Available in 2 colors:
  • Favorite Chic
  • Blue Topaz
Cream Blush – 38.02 £
Available in 5 shades:
  • #01 Velvety Peach
  • #02 Powdery Pink
  • #03 Silky Praline
  • #05 Temptation Fuchsia
  • #06 Passion Red
Singular Mascara – 29.31 £
Available in one shade:
  • #06 Deep Plum
Ombre Solo Eyeshadow – 26.62 Eur
Available in 2 shades:
  • #15 Gold Leaf
  • #16 Blue Topaz
Ombres 5 Lumieres Eyeshadow Palette – 52.14 £
Available in one combination:
  • #10 Bohemian Chic
Golden Gloss – 25.96 Eur
Available in 4 shades:
  • #40 Unknown
  • #41 Golden Insolence
  • #42 Golden Obsession
  • #43 Unknown
Rouge Pur Couture – 29.21 Eur
Available in 8 shades:
  • #23 Corail Poetique
  • #24 Blond Ingenu
  • #25 Raphael Taupe
  • #26 Rose Libertin
  • #27 Innocent Fuchsia
  • #28 Rose Boheme
  • #29 Venus Rose
  • #30 Corail Fauvists

I was wondering if anyone would be so kind to do a comparison between the Rouge Pur Couture and the Rouge Volupté, in terms of lasting power, how do they wear on lips, the texture and so on. I tried looking for it online but found nothing!

The Volupte is supposedly much creamier and it has a lot of slip, thus less staying power. It is also very pigmented. The Rouge Pur Couture...I have no clue really.

ahah ok :smile: thanks anyway. I was asking because I have RV in Lingerie Pink and it's a love-hate relationship! What I love though is that it's crazy pigmented, it almost looks like paint and not lipstick when swatched. I swatched Rouge Pur on my hand and it looked equally pigmented, that's why I was asking, since I never try lipstick on my lips, it grosses me out...

Does anyone know whether YSL Teint Radiance actually exists in the shade Ivory? It exists on their website, but I can't find it for sale anywhere it's really annoying me, as I got the shade 03 forced on me, and it's SO pink it's ridiculous! I love the finish, so am hoping I can find it. I found a shade called 'nude' on selfridges website, which looks super pale, but thats not listen on the YSL website. Nothing makes sense!

http://www.ysl-parfums.com/produit.jspz?id=1012&preferedCateg=

You see, it's there, on the website, where is it to buy!? Nowhere!

Last edited by a moderator:
any review on the perfect touch foundation?

I got it today and have quickly tried it on to find it to be very light, but with good coverage. I used it on top of my regular hydramax active moisturizer and felt like my skin was really replenished. the smell is really nice as well although am not used to foundations having a smell...or maybe i am too used to the vitalumiere one to notice. overall my first impression is a thumbs up, I am going to see how I feel about it after a few hours and after using a couple of days but am happy so far. (Reason why is I heard some people have trouble with the applicator and have problems like tons of foundation flying out sometimes when not necessary etc...)

so i fully tested my perfect touch foundation and my radiance brush today. The foundation made my skin look like porcelain but I didnt really have the glow/dewy finish i was expecting from it. nevertheless, i love it. I dont know if the lack of glow is because my skin becomes a bit weird when i travel *am in switzerland now and the cold dry weather never is good for my skin*. the foundation stayed put longer than my vitalumiere for sure. the only thing is the brush is annoying but i get my fingers involved to really blend it in!

Thank you so much! I just got a nars foundation but i'll definitely try it out!

bahh i wish the perfect touch worked for me...but it didnt :(

I still love my Teint Resist!!

Anyone tried the teint parfait...i love the idea of this as a base!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->