Tom Ford : Life after Gucci #2

I really don't see how his aesthetic could fit into a mainstream collection for H&M. But his take on evening wear can result to something really itneresting.

I just can't picture him compromising on his vision of quality and design for H&M. Surely that would go against everything he has proclaimed thus far.

Last edited by a moderator:
He doesn't need to do it either, he doesn't really need the publicity nor the money, he's already expressed he has everything anyone could wish for and he also has his next film in the pipe line, i doubt it'll happen, but i sure would love to see it (and also buy it.... the suits... i die.).

I really don't foresee the this happening, neither do I want this to happen. Tom is so hung up with luxury (rightfully so), he would never comprise design and quality. Everything he stands for goes against fast fashion, but I guess you can never say never.

i'm excited to see if tom ford can pull this off. tom ford has built his brand in such a strategic way. always holding the highest standards of luxury while continually offering items to the lower segments of the market.

if he does it, i would literally buy every piece (and still would not have spent as much as even one of his suits cost).

I think there's no chance he'll launch a line for H&M. tHe doesn't want to make his shows public and I don't think he would make clothes public.

I can see why he didn't receive a standing ovations. But it's not terrible just not his best.
I like all the purple and will look great in mags and on the red carpet.

November 28, 2011 – Tom Ford, in partnership with Marion Heinrich, also owner of the new Marion Heinrich Store, opens his first retail store in Munich. The 1400 square foot, two-story franchised flagship store is located at Falckenbergstrasse 9, 80539 Munich adjacent to Maximilianstrasse.
The retail site will ecompass the womenswear collection including clothing, footwear, accessories, eyewear, fragrance and beauty collection under the TOM FORD label.

One enters the store to arrive in a world of feminine luxury. Tom Ford and long-time collaborator Bill Sofield conceived the light-filled and streamlined design to harmonize with the elegant, historic surroundings. The use of polished chrome and blue de Savoie marble that one sees upon entering at the Perfumery is continued throughout the entire first floor which houses eyewear and handbags. On the second floor, softer silver and grey upholstery makes the customer feel as if she is in a luxurious sitting room.

Tom Ford, President and Chief Executive Office, commented, “I couldn’t be happier to be opening our women’s store in Munich. I have known Marion for years and couldn’t ask for a better partner for our first TOM FORD store in Germany. Our goal with this store is to address an extremely discerning luxury customer who demands the highest quality product and service.”

Domenico De Sole, Chairman of TOM FORD said, “We have a longstanding relationship
with Marion and her fashion group and I couldn’t be happier to be opening a store with them. They clearly understand the luxury business and our opening in Munich is the next step to developing our business further in Germany.”
source:bohemenoir blogspot

^Thank you so so so much for posting that! Such an amazing thing to watch and i love Grace Coddingtons comment at the end of the film.

However i could listen to him talk forever! he's such a fascinating man!

I just can't picture him compromising on his vision of quality and design for H&M. Surely that would go against everything he has proclaimed thus far.

Totally agree. It's like nailing your own coffin. Nothing against H&M, some the designs are catchy but the materials used are appalling. Hence its price. I understand H&M's presence & role. Tom Ford's products are well thought out, quality & materials used are not compromised. I seriously doubt he will head that way. Be damned if he did.

Tom Ford OWN Visionaires documentary (full)

Anyone in the UK who has access to Sky Atlantic (Channel 108) Visionaries is on TV, on Saturday 18th February, at 10am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->