Difficult Designer / Brand Pronunciation #2

^ now that you mention it, seems like it. The font they use on the videos is similar to V's. Glad you like it!

Not really a pronunciation question, but an issue of calling. So...No.21. It's Alessandro Dell'Acqua's brand, Italian, so they say numero ventuno. But do English speakers call it by its Italian name or should we say number twenty one?

Not really a pronunciation question, but an issue of calling. So...No.21. It's Alessandro Dell'Acqua's brand, Italian, so they say numero ventuno. But do English speakers call it by its Italian name or should we say number twenty one?
I'm italian and I've heard english people saying Number twenty one, I don't think there's a correct language to use in that case. :flower:

I always say "vair-sah-chay", but my friend is always telling me that it's actually "chee", but I'm insistent with "chay".

I agree with video however....

I believe there is no wrong or right way of saying designers. I would say it depends on your accent. As long as your pronouncing the letters which should be pronounced then what does it matter. Everybody will say things differently.

But I do say versa'chee'.

For example, A friend of mine lives one hour from me in a different county.

We both talk very similar but whenever I say the word master or plaster which I pronounce it as you read it.... She says

Maaaasterr and plaaaaster.

For some reason she emphasises that bit and I never understand why.

strange huh?

annabelle408

Bumping this thread because it has helped me to this day pronounce designer names correctly.
I don't trust any of these youtube videos teaching the correct pronunciation, most are the American English pronunciations.

I was wondering about Bottega Veneta.

Probably already brought up here, I just want to confirm.
I pronounce it 'Bow-teg-ah Ven-eh-tuh."

^I pronounce it "boh-teh-gah Veh-neh-túh"

could an italian say where do you put the emphasis in Veneta? is in Vé or in tá?

An extremely fast 'BOTEGA' (no 'h') + VE-NE-TA with an accent on the first 'e' & 'a'

Last edited by a moderator:
^I pronounce it "boh-teh-gah Veh-neh-túh"

could an italian say where do you put the emphasis in Veneta? is in Vé or in tá?

it's vèneta. and you'd have to stress the double t - as in boh-TT-eh-gah

^ thanks, the emphasis is on the Ve as you guys said :smile:

can I ask about a models name here or is there a special thread for that? how do you pronounce Julia B's first name given that it's dutch? like an english Julia or Ee-uh-leeah?

Fausto Puglisis is a hard one IMO.

^ i think it's hard for anglophones cause you guys don't have the 'gli' where the g is not hard (as in glee) but it's a completely different sound. I think you'd have better luck in pronouncing it ' poo-lee-see' and forgetting about the g

^ah, I´m not familiar with the name and Nomar wrote PuglisiS :lol:

There was this one iD video on YouTube that shows how some fashion names are pronounced, puglisi was pronounced as poo-wee-zee, it sounded like they left out the L and G

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->