Most Overpriced Designer? #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Givenchy Fall Winter 2014 - £22,500 ($36,300).

Givenchy+Fall+2014+8M4E9zvUr8pl.jpg

*Stylebistro.com

Marc Jacobs "Tiered crinkled-organza gown": $4,500
It's not that expensive compared to other things in this thread, but it's 100% polyester on the outside and has a silk lining...

NZhWGXwl.jpg

style.com

Celine Resort 2015.

$4400
r4obAyv.jpg

celine.com

I feel like the trouble with this thread is that often times people are only taking into account the fiber content of a particular garment, as is the case with that Marc Jacobs gown or the tulle Rick Owens piece on the previous page, while neglecting to account for the amount of handwork that went into said garment.

The Marc Jacobs dress, for example, is entirely hand painted if I remember correctly. So even though the crinkled organza ruffles (which were probably treated in some way to achieve the crinkled texture) are "only" made of polyester, it was no doubt a high grade polyester, and the painting process time consuming. Same with the Rick Owens piece, which was entirely hand smocked (a very painstaking and, I've always heard, tricky detail).

It's far too difficult to determine if something is "overpriced" just from fiber content alone.

Givenchy Fall Winter 2014 - £22,500 ($36,300).

*Stylebistro.com
Judging from the official description of this piece on Givenchy's website, that ginormous jeweled "necklace" is actually embroidered onto the bodice.

Kind of sort of explains the five digit pricetag, or at least helps.

True, it's not a perfect system. But something like those Hermes cotton boxers, for example...

I feel like Judith Leiber clutches are overpriced, I know a lot of work goes into them but still...

Balenciaga Fall Winter 2014

Balenciaga+Fall+2014+Sk7WrUhxTinl.jpg

Coat - £30,450
Trousers - £1,875

Pre-Fall 2014

Coat - £30,450

*Stylebistro.com & Style.com

The second coat is astrakhan so ok, but the first one is just stupid.

yeah i obviously meant the first one, sorry. i wouldn't even wear it if it was given to me for free

MOSCHINO
EMBELLISHED SILK SHANTUNG BALLOON DRESS
€ 8274.00
024_059a319d-22e1-492e-80b6-1de8e6b2e63c.JPG

luisaviaroma

Well, Moschino makes tasteless things on/with purpose. The Dolly Parton of the fashion world. It takes a lot of money too look that cheap:wink:

Gas? :lol:

Chanel Plexiglass Dubai By Night Gas Can Bag $10,800.00 (USD)

Size: 6.9” x 4.9” x 2.2”
Chanel-Plexiglass-Dubai-By-Night-Jerrycan-Bag.png

spottedfashion

Last edited by a moderator:
^You can save "odors" in it:wink: I know some 14-year old boys who would find it very amusing....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->