Difficult Designer / Brand Pronunciation #2

I hate when someone pronounces Proenza Schouler, like "Eskuler" when it's "Shuler".

it's not..?! if you have seen "behind the scenes" you will find this question answered, and even the designer themselve say "Skuler" like Pricciao said.

Rodriguez is : Rod-drii-ges ( the o proncounced like in odd)
and Ohne Titel is german : Oone (a short e like the a in wanna or kinda .. sry I dont have any better example yet) Tii-tel

I found a site to record voices. I think this is pretty nessecary since writing is kinda difficult and you just know see and learn it the best while hearing.

Rodriguez is : Rod-drii-ges ( the o proncounced like in odd)

as it is a very common spanish name, i can be sure on this one :P
Ro (as in raw) - dri (as in tree but with a d) - guez (see disambiguation below* :wink: )

*the GUEZ has two options.
1) is guez as in guess
2) the same thing but with a final "th", as in think)

the difference basically is how it is pronounced in spain (where the name is from) or in Cuba (where the designer's family is from)

the same thing would actually apply to his first name Narciso.
Spanish pronunciation would be: ci (as in think)
Cuban/latin-american pronunciation would be: ci (as in see)

Im positive it's Shouler. So it Pron-za or Prou-en-za ?

Can anyone settle the Balmain and Lanvin ? I have a list to ask here...

- Mabille: Mer-bai ? Ma-bai ? Mer-bil ? Ma-bil ?
- Sui: like in "suite" ?
- Demeulemeester: Der-miu ?
- Aquascutum
- Mischka
- Cushnie et Ochs
- Giles
- Haider
- Hervé Léger
- Hussein Chalayan
- Icarius de Menezes
- Maison: May-son or Mai-son ?
- Rodriguez
- Ohne Titel
- Olivier Theyskens
- Prabal Gurung

Alexis Mabille
Alex (as in alex) is ( ee as in me, no final s)
Mab (as in map but with a final b) ille (ee as in me. the "ll" here should be very subtle. almost like a short "y" following the "ee" sound)

Maison
I don't understand how you differenciate the "may" from the "mai" you wrote.
what you should be looking is for the "may" sound but without the final "y" if that makes any sense. it should be like the initial "e" in example, but more closed.

as it is a very common spanish name, i can be sure on this one :P
Ro (as in raw) - dri (as in tree but with a d) - guez (see disambiguation below* :wink: )

*the GUEZ has two options.
1) is guez as in guess
2) the same thing but with a final "th", as in think)

the difference basically is how it is pronounced in spain (where the name is from) or in Cuba (where the designer's family is from)

I'm familiar with the spanish language as well :wink:
and maybe I didn't explain it that good, but I know how to pronounce the name :wink:
as I said, phonetic is kinda difficult sometimes and can cause misunderstandings.

^^ oh! i didn't mean yours was wrong! :flower:
but as you say, phonetics sucks when writing! like how many names on this thread, we have written down names a thousand times (is it lan-vahn, or van, or veh... ¿?) it's jsut impossible to find "the" right one :smile:

Ok, sorry guys!:(
But, i know spanish, and really hate when someone says Carolina Jerera, it's HeRRera put your tongue onyour paladar^_^

^ indeed :lol:

at least most people get Balenciaga right! #proudspaniard :lol:

It would be Bal-mayne if it was written Balmaine, so your pronunciation is correct :smile:

no actually in french, the "n" is essential, cause it totally change the pronunciation. i don't think american have any sound like this one. in french this has nothing to do do with bal-"mayne" at all. if some of you know how to count in french, the -ain must be pronunced like the "1" (un). Balm1.

Sorry, how do you pronounce Carolina Herrera?
My friend was pronouncing Balenciaga Bal-en-char-ga... tell me it's Bal-en-see-ar-gah PLEASE!

no actually in french, the "n" is essential, cause it totally change the pronunciation. i don't think american have any sound like this one. in french this has nothing to do do with bal-"mayne" at all. if some of you know how to count in french, the -ain must be pronunced like the "1" (un). Balm1.

The "n" at the end of words in French is hard to explain. Sem-silent? But definitely not like Balm1.
If pronounced by just sounding it out the French way, it would be a bit like "Bal-meh", with a bit of an "n" sound at the end of the "meh". However, I'm hearing a lot of people in the industry pronouncing it "Bal-mawh" so it could be one of those exceptions (since there are exceptions in every language).

Sorry, how do you pronounce Carolina Herrera?
My friend was pronouncing Balenciaga Bal-en-char-ga... tell me it's Bal-en-see-ar-gah PLEASE!

Carolina EH-RRE-RA
Remember that you have to "drag" the RR, put your thonge on your paladar:wink:

The "n" at the end of words in French is hard to explain. Sem-silent? But definitely not like Balm1.
If pronounced by just sounding it out the French way, it would be a bit like "Bal-meh", with a bit of an "n" sound at the end of the "meh". However, I'm hearing a lot of people in the industry pronouncing it "Bal-mawh" so it could be one of those exceptions (since there are exceptions in every language).

No actually it really sounds like "Balm1", Prairie and I just posted an audio link, you can check :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->