Most Overpriced Designer? #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol::lol::lol:
but it´s a nice dress... but not 24.000 dollar nice

RAF SIMONS/STERLING RUBY hand-painted parka £18,545 ($30,127)

It's painted by hand by the artist himself and is number one of only five ever made.

matchesfashion.com

MEZYPK870002WHI_2_zoom.jpg

LOL that seems like a bargain compared to that shoddily made Valentino and that LV trunk.

Painted by hand? It looks someone did a Jackson Pollock for about an hour or two.
Easy way to make something 'hand painted'.

Nonono - It is the net that oranges come in, I am sure.

^And according to MO's description it's just tulle. Alright then.

Yeah it's rank, but it's also pin-tucked, probably by hand, on what appears to be a feather-light chiffon.
I'm sure it was an absolutely nightmare for whomever to sew it without it looking [unintentionally] disastrous.

it's kind of shocking how much prices have increased and quality(design and material)continues to decline compared to the way it was a decade ago. and you'd expect back then things to be more since many more designers were utilising local manufacturing but now not so much. why are we paying more for outsourcing?

^we aren't. We are paying more because people are willing to pay more.

Hermès 100% cotton boxers - 300€ ($375 / £235) :huh:

LYMRRio.jpg

HERMES.FR

Valentino dress $24.000
Look at her left upper arm on the second pic, the fabric has already been torn! :blink:

Even hundreds of thousands of dollars couture pieces can tear or burn easily, you really need to be careful. But photographing it torn is funny.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ OK, burn, yes. But tear? I find that a bit difficult to understand if the materials and workmanship are high quality.

The image isn't showing up for me, but I suspect it's the same one from post 919 on the previous page of this very thread...

Valentino dress $24.000
Look at her left upper arm on the second pic, the fabric has already been torn! :blink:

Even hundreds of thousands of dollars couture pieces can tear or burn easily, you really need to be careful. But photographing it torn is funny.

Well any outfit no matter how expensive will burn if you drop your cigarette on it. :lol:

^ Linoleum is self-healing, so probably self-healing fabric exists or is possible ... but really, just stop smoking :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->