Difficult Designer / Brand Pronunciation #2

No actually it really sounds like "Balm1", Prairie and I just posted an audio link, you can check :wink:

In the link Prairie posted, it was like "Balmawh", just like I stated in my post. Nothing like "Balm1".

Alexandre Herchcovitch: alexander a-erch-co-vich

The "n" at the end of words in French is hard to explain. Sem-silent? But definitely not like Balm1.
If pronounced by just sounding it out the French way, it would be a bit like "Bal-meh", with a bit of an "n" sound at the end of the "meh". However, I'm hearing a lot of people in the industry pronouncing it "Bal-mawh" so it could be one of those exceptions (since there are exceptions in every language).

as I already said, I'm french...and Balmain is a typical french name, so I think i'm able to speak and my own language maybe better than you no ??

In the link Prairie posted, it was like "Balmawh", just like I stated in my post. Nothing like "Balm1".

Err I don't hear it like "Balmawh" :huh: maybe you don't know how to pronounce "un" in French so that's why it's confusing..because what the man says truly sounds like "Balm1". Anyway the audio links are correct so, no matter how we transcribe it, that's the good prononciation :wink:

^Given this is an English-speaking forum, TianSoFine was probably going by the English pronunciation of 1, not the French one. :flower:

^ maybe there was a misunderstanding indeed, but Donatello had specified that by 1 he was talking about "un" and not "one"

Donatello said:
no actually in french, the "n" is essential, cause it totally change the pronunciation. i don't think american have any sound like this one. in french this has nothing to do do with bal-"mayne" at all. if some of you know how to count in french, the -ain must be pronunced like the "1" (un). Balm1.

How is the pronounciation of "Levis"?
Because I heard a version on TV that's totally different than the version I know.

Levi's is like Le-vees, it comes from the name of Levi Strauss.

Oh lord, Thierry Mugler KILLS me! I hate, absolutely hate saying his name in public, plus I have an accent when speaking English already so when speaking English then pronouncing it in French is torture for me.

sorry but i don't know where i can post this question: does anyone know from which brand this is from??

nnwbqu.jpg

How do you say Margeila? I've been saying "Mar-zhe-lah", is this correct?

How do you say Margeila? I've been saying "Mar-zhe-lah", is this correct?

I say "mar-gay-lah", but it depends on what country they're from... I'm probably mispronouncing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
My 2 Cents: Ive been pronouncing these like this and none has ever quarried or corrected me?

Mar-Jel-ah.

Bal-Man

Ba-len-see-ah-ga

j-hi-les de-con

Ro-dart-ay

Pro-en-za S-ch-oo-la

Lon-Van

Gi-zep-py Za-noh-tea.

^ I say everything like you except the last one, which is pronounced "Jew-ze-peh". It's Joseph in Italian so we both should definitely know how to say it ^_^

Since Im portuguese I have no idea how to pronunciate Felipe Oliveira Baptista in english.

In portuguese it is: Fé-li-pe Ó-li-vai-ra Bá-tix-ta

^he´s portuguese right? so your way is the only correct way. I might pronounce it different cause I speak spanish and I think english people would pronounce it the same way but yours is the right one, thanks :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"