Top models fading out in SS08

Yeah not to mention Julia is big at VS right now-not an Angel but significant catalogue presence.

But Morgane...:cry:

Julia .. is doing ok in covers and eds :blink:
not so great on ruwnay:cry:
but as I said in campaigns shes done many. :heart:

Morgane is still everywhere though.. clearly not fading:shock:

caroline winberg and tiiu :unsure::cry:

Isabelli Fontana... I know she was pregnant but this was supposed to be her comeback, no? I think she just had one unmemorable look at Versace...

I miss Diana Dondoe and Elise :( Freja is also fading, but I don't mind that.

Definitely missing Caroline Winberg! She did Swedish Elle, but is that enough?

Heather Marks is def. fading on runway but she is still on the top with editorials and campaigns...same with Julia, Elise, Daria, etc...

However girls like Tiiu, and Caroline W are almost completely gone. It's too bad, I would rather see them over most of the newer models.

I hate to admit it but sometimes, Heidi is right:

One day you're in, the next... you're out.

Or something like that.

Isabelli Fontana... I know she was pregnant but this was supposed to be her comeback, no? I think she just had one unmemorable look at Versace...

have a look in her thread .. you 'll see she 's done quite well

Luckily she's still with us^_^

And I didn't see Freja at Paris:cry:

I've definitely noticed that the new models are these really really young looking girls!

Diana M., Irina K., Siri, and Anabela look like tweens. A lot of the girls are very European looking with almost a "butter face" look that's plain with features that are soft.

^exactly right, I hate how girls are all so young now, I liked looking up to "womanly" looking models like Daria, Elise, Erin, Isabeli and Eugenia, I'm 14 and I feel like I should be a model by now who is 5'10. I really don't see how freja is fading, she didn't do Paris and Lara Stone didn't do New York but I don't think their moment is over yet. It's funny how an agency gets a girl to the top in like 3 seasons and then they get her a cosmetics campaign and then their responsibility is over, this is really the case for Hilary and Doutzen, so then the agencies can concentrate on the newest "it" girl whose barely a teenager. Which is sad because it's like "You're 21 and you're a supermodel, did you enjoy it? Good, it's over". I really miss Tiuu, she was magical.

Last edited by a moderator:
aside from predictable disappearances.. I was wondering what happened to Georgia Frost and Johanna Jonsson.. are they still in school like Johanna Stickland and Truus? :unsure:

I was happy not to see Doutzen, Hilary Rhoda, Marta and Querelle.. :ninja:

Every season, when new girls arrive, they replace som of the older, eastablished top models .. Who has been getting signicantly less work this season?

The first ones that comes to my mind is Julia Stegner. She's been everywhere since 2003, but this season she is hardly getting anything.

Who are the others?

I miss the mdoels with the fresh look..there are still some out there but itr's just not like in the past and yes Julia slowly fades but I think it's her decision she always said that she doesn't like runway shows but you have to do themto get noticed and established..and after she got that she walked for designer friends, designers she likes

but now it's time to do couture

about Doutzen: Doutzen maybe will get a real supermodel status and I guess that's ok

Daria: is an icon and does whatever she wants
she'll ever have fans :smile:

Eugenia was so fierce but I think she has been around for such a long time that that's ok

aside from predictable disappearances.. I was wondering what happened to Georgia Frost and Johanna Jonsson.. are they still in school like Johanna Stickland and Truus? :unsure:

I was happy not to see Doutzen, Hilary Rhoda, Marta and Querelle.. :ninja:

OOOh, I totally forgot about Marta and Querelle, I miss them, I only saw Querelle at JPG :(

Isabeli did Prada, Miu Miu, Versace, Balmain, Vuitton, Blumarine, Bottega Veneta, Dolce & Gabbana, Dsquared, Pucci, Gianfranco Ferre, Cavalli, Oscar de La Renta, Rag & Bone and Ralph Lauren :D

i didn't see iselin at all this season :cry: was she in gucci? if so, i might have missed it.

could it be she wasn't in the shows because she's in school?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alantrabriggs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->