UK Vogue April 2019 : Naomi Scott by Nick Knight

She's beautiful, but why is she holding a glow ring?

I’m actually here for this. There’s something quite retro about it all. Nice to see Nick back on the covers too.

Nice to see them selecting an up and coming star too who is actually in fact actually up and coming. Neither films are out for quite some time are they?

Stunning! This is what I'm talking about Edward! This is gorgeous, and that art direction is a step in the right direction.

Although, not that fond of the light thing. It takes too much away from her stunning face

It’s a beautiful cover but modern glamour? Where?? I thought it was a vintage cover for a split second when I saw it, there is nothing modern about it.

It looks retro, like an early 70s Hiro portrait. I'm a sucker for a good beauty shot, so I'm in for this.

It'll look much better if they didn't have those tacky light rings with her. Her beautiful face is enough to make this cover/editorial satisfying.

Not sure what to think about it, but it will probably look gorgeous in real life, especially if the logo comes in silver foil. The texts look so US Vogue.

In the editors letter (which I read online) it sounds like some actresses from Game of thrones will have a spread of sorts (as the coverline suggests), and also Anna Ewers will have a 80s styled editorial.

Edward also mentioned working with Joe McKenna and Grace Coddington so presumably they are going to be within the issue.

I love it, it’s simple yet eye-catching. The art direction is on point and I love the fact that she is an unexpected cover choice. Nice to see her on the cover! Hope this will be the subscriber’s cover as well...

Looks like a beauty shoot, and I find it very ELLE.

Very much! Elle beauty editorial intro, in fact.

In the light of Nick's launch cover for Vogue HK, I don't find this very original. Maybe it will be better in print, but the excessive retouching and forced expression are very contrived and downright off-putting. This is not Harper's Bazaar Arabia. I'm actually quite amazed that we are seeing such an unrealistic beauty cover on UK Vogue. I wonder how it will resonate with actual British women because imo there's nothing relatable about this image, yet's it's not inherently HF in the vein of VI under Franca either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daisy123455
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->