UK Vogue April 2019 : Naomi Scott by Nick Knight

Isn’t this a ripoff of an old Amber Valletta Bazaar cover from the 90’s?

Thank you for this, so I'm not crazy after all! I knew I'd seen this somewhere before which is why I thought it was a vintage shot. It's really the same concept, down to the position of the light ring. Modern my as*.

15346_tfs_hb_cover_1.jpg
theplace2.ru

One would think fashion never recycles the same thing...

For me, seeing the same cover concept twice in twenty years is fair enough, and we might even find out in the contents that this is a deliberate tribute to the 90s, like much of what goes on at the moment.

One would think fashion never recycles the same thing...

For me, seeing the same cover concept twice in twenty years is fair enough, and we might even find out in the contents that this is a deliberate tribute to the 90s, like much of what goes on at the moment.

It is fair enough, but don't call it modern lol

I admire the fact that Edward added his own touch to the image, and not blatantly copy it from styling, to beauty (which happens most often that not in some publications).

Can’t believe the day has arrived where I’m defending Edward and his choices.

Thank you for this, so I'm not crazy after all! I knew I'd seen this somewhere before which is why I thought it was a vintage shot. It's really the same concept, down to the position of the light ring. Modern my as*.

theplace2.ru

Indeed. And at least if you are going to rip off something it should be with improvement in mind. Not the case clearly.

Lovely cover. No clue who she is but its nice to see a new face.

New glamour with a granny hat that even granny thinks is for older people :-D Beautiful image though...

I think Interview's 2012 September Issue was much better than both the "original" Amber Valetta one and Naomi's. It was the image that inmediately popped in my mind when I saw the light ring and I remembered liking it so much, who knew it wasn't an orignal concept to begin with.

Emma+Stone+Interview+magazine+September+2012+cover.jpg

Coco's Tea Party

TFS exposing British Vogue, lol. I like how all these covers are crawling out of the woodworks, it's exactly what one would expect from a dedicated fashion forum.

I'm going to need some explanations from Nick Knight. He's held on much higher regard than most other photographers. Unless he shot all these covers, which I doubt, is this British one, in fact, a 'homage'? It's embarrassing that a photographer like him, who doesn't shoot a lot, must copy the very few times he actually gets to shoot a cover. Embarrassing, I say!

At least when Interview did it.... it had The common denominator of Fabien Baron. Edward’s version is more like when an international edition of Bazaar recreates one of the classic Avedon covers.

Review - 248 Pages.

TAKING SHAPE
Model: Signe Veiteberg
Photographer: David Sims
Stylist: Joe McKenna
11 Photos

LET ME PUT THIS OUT THERE...
Cover Star: Naomi Scott
Photographer: Nick Knight
Stylist: Kate Phelan
4 Photos

MY SEDITIOUS HEART
Model: Adut Akech
Photographer: Arthur Elgort
Stylist: Grace Coddington
7 Photos

TRAVELING LIGHT
Model: Rebecca Leigh Longendyke & Giselle Norman
Photographer: Richard Bush
Stylist: Sarah Richardson
8 Photos

DANGER! HIGH VOLTAGE!
Model: Anna Ewers
Photographer: Charlotte Wales
Stylist: Poppy Kain
9 Photos

FROM BYZANTIUM
Model: Duckie Thot
Photographer: Nick Knight
5 Photos

+ Binx Walton and Freja Beha Erichsen by Craig McDean for a Mary-Kate & Ashley article!

It's another great issue from Edward. I really feel like he's coming into his own; his cover star choices are fresh in their variety, it's hard to guess who he'll feature next. When reading his editor's letter it dawned on me that the exclusivity and buzz he's created around the magazine, whilst showcasing a range of different women, is really admirable. I do hope he'll put someone like Judi Dench or Helen Mirren on the cover in the future; both British legends, brilliant actresses and beautiful...it would be nice for diversity to extend to age too.

The cover is gorgeous in print and subscribers get the same shot but with less wording - which they've done for February, March and now April. I'm hoping it's a trend that continues because I hate getting lumped with some random editorial shot just because they think they can get away with it for subscribers. The logo isn't foiled but it is a metallic gold/silver ink and it's beautiful.

I love all the contents of this issue, especially the jewellery shoot with Duckie and Nick - it's stunning. The Arthur Elgort shoot is great too but I definitely wouldn't have said it was photographed by him if I saw it without the credit. Anna looks fantastic as always in her shoot, and Taking Shape is classic McKenna x Sims, but it works for me!

I´m curious to see Adut by Elgort! thanks for the review :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniel Rg Crandall
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->