UK Vogue April 2019 : Naomi Scott by Nick Knight

Looks like a good issue!
Grace is doing a very different kind of styling of American Vogue.

There’s gonna be a new fashion director?

This cover is just sublime! She's so gorgeous and what a great introduction of her to the world - this time next year, after Aladdin and Charlie's Angels, she'll be a MUCH bigger deal.

six shoots and only one female photographer.

Not shocked personally. He cares only for racial diversity, bugger the rest. That was clear from day 1. I'm waiting to see how the news of Venetia's rumoured departure and replacement will be handled in the media. Whether they, like many, will be so his spell that it's almost impossible to see how he's throwing this magazine back into the dark ages.

VERY underwhelmed by Adut by Elgort´s editorial :(
there´s no whimsy, it kinda reminds me VI february 2015 (the factory editorial).

Let Me Put This Out There...

Photographer: Nick Knight
Stylist: Kate Phelan
Hair: Sam McKnight
Makeup: Peter Philips
Manicure: Marian Newman
Cast: Naomi Scott

UK Vogue Digital Edition

Taking Shape

Photographer: David Sims
Stylist: Joe McKenna
Hair: Duffy
Makeup: Lucia Pieroni
Manicure: Ama Quashie
Cast: Signe Veiteberg

UK Vogue Digital Edition

My Seditious Heart

Photographer: Arthur Elgort
Stylist: Grace Coddington
Hair: Julien D'Ys
Makeup: Francelle Daly
Set Design: Mary Howard
Cast: Adut Akech

UK Vogue Digital Edition

Traveling Light

Photographer: Richard Bush
Stylist: Sarah Richardson
Hair: Neil Moodie
Makeup: Mathian van Hooff
Cast: Rebecca Leigh Longendyke, Giselle Norman

UK Vogue Digital Edition

From Byzantium

Photographer: Nick Knight
Stylist: Carol Woolton
Hair: Sam McKnight
Makeup: Val Garland
Manicure: Marian Newman
Set Design: Andrew Tomlinson
Cast: Duckie Thot

UK Vogue Digital Edition

Not shocked personally. He cares only for racial diversity, bugger the rest. That was clear from day 1. I'm waiting to see how the news of Venetia's rumoured departure and replacement will be handled in the media. Whether they, like many, will be so his spell that it's almost impossible to see how he's throwing this magazine back into the dark ages.
What a truly ridiculous comment! I never saw you say any such thing about Shulman's Vogue, but to accuse Edward of that is just laughable, and you know it!!

So what if there is 1 female photographer in THIS issue? He has had many different of them shoot for the title across magazine content (even cover), since he started. Not to mention when you compare it to other Vogue's, and magazines, he is clearly doing more than others. But to accusse Edward of only caring about racial diversity is really low, especially if you are familiar with every issue of UK Vogue he has put out, which itself proves that is NOT true. He has regularly featured & celebrated women of all ages from day 1. But I guess some of you will never give Edward credit, no matter what, and are far more interested in silly gossip like members of his team leaving, or what salacious tabloids press has to say about it.

I heard that Venetia left because she didn't enjoy the restraints of the job, working for CN suits is not all it's cracked up to be, an she is a woman who enjoys her freedom. You will still see her contribute to the magazine in the future, just in a less formal role.

What a truly ridiculous comment! I never saw you say any such thing about Shulman's Vogue, but to accuse Edward of that is just laughable, and you know it!!

So what if there is 1 female photographer in THIS issue? He has had many different of them shoot for the title across magazine content (even cover), since he started. Not to mention when you compare it to other Vogue's, and magazines, he is clearly doing more than others. But to accusse Edward of only caring about racial diversity is really low, especially if you are familiar with every issue of UK Vogue he has put out, which itself proves that is NOT true. He has regularly featured & celebrated women of all ages from day 1. But I guess some of you will never give Edward credit, no matter what, and are far more interested in silly gossip like members of his team leaving, or what salacious tabloids press has to say about it.

Firstly, there's absolutely no need for such an aggressive tone when you're trying to get your point across!

Nobody on here ever sugarcoated Alexandra's tenure. In fact, it was probably highlighted far more frequently than any of the good she did which was fine. But that's not even the discussion, because her name wasn't mentioned in here.
2 out of 15 Covers are actually shot by female photographers, of which one was by I&V. In the climate which we're in, and for the talk he talks, that's not something to applaud, sorry. If he would leave tomorrow his very first legacy will be underscoring racial diversity. And that's just what I think.

^ I call it as i see it, actually your remak i found aggressive, and such comments deserve to be called out. Taking Vogue back to dark ages? Please! Anyone that has read Edward's Vogue, from first issue until now, would never make any of those statements. You have reduced his 15 months, to a statistic of how many female phgotographers have shoot his cover?! As if that is the only thing that matters, when he has regularly featured and celebrated women of all ages, races, sizes and sexual orientation in such a small short of time. There is no way you can say he is not walking the walk, and he is barely over 1 year in this position.

^ I call it as i see it, actually your remak i found aggressive, and such comments deserve to be called out. Taking Vogue back to dark ages? Please! Anyone that has read Edward's Vogue, from first issue until now, would never make any of those statements. You have reduced his 15 months, to a statistic of how many female phgotographers have shoot his cover?! As if that is the only thing that matters, when he has regularly featured and celebrated women of all ages, races, sizes and sexual orientation in such a small short of time. There is no way you can say he is not walking the walk, and he is barely over 1 year in this position.

I've not belittled or insulted anyone's comments on here though. And my initial comment was in response to the 'lack of female photographers in this issue' claim, which was the topic. But I'll sit this one out because we'll just go around in circles.

The best March issue, hands down. Any shot from Danger! High Voltage! would make an incredible cover. Arthur x Grace x Adut didn’t really deliver, but... it’s still Adut by Elgort, styled by Coddington. Good enough for me.

Theres not a single WOW stop me in my tracks image here but this is still an admirable issue nonetheless. Solid edits although nothing groundbreaking. Alt wishes she could produce content this glamorous with such low cringe factor :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniel Rg Crandall
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->