Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2024

A few loose thoughts:

I'm happy that VSFS is back but it was not memorable for me.
It might be a "new era" for them, but it lacked some magic and celebration. I think VS should stick to what it is. Some of you appreciated the less costumey outfits, and I agree in some way, but I feel like this is precisely what defines VS. We already have the Etam show for a less circus-like looking show. VS is all about fantasy and it it what was missing here. The stage didn't help I guess. It was too wide, too simple that it looked empty.

Imaan is a superstar. Gigi's opening was forgettable. She looked plain compared to Imaan who came out right after her and shone like a star. Imaan should've opened the show, definitely.
I feel like the focus was more on the new faces rather than the regulars. The former angels were overlooked, I barely noticed some of them...

Candice never changes, she always serves and her body, phew. She is such a bombshell. She looked annoyed though?
Happy to see Andreea Diaconu after all the years she's worked for them!
Vika Evseeva reminded me of Dorothea Barth Jorgensen.
Also always happy to see Liu Wen, she is a favorite of mine but she didn't look like herself here and it's a pity.
I liked the new girls like Blesnya Minher, Awar Odhiang, Jessica Aina, Xu Wei, Anthi Fakidari. They looked really good!
Also loved to see Eva Herzigova and even Carla Bruni, which was unexpected. I can imagine how happy Nicolas was ahah.

The first segment lacked energy. I felt like no one was into it yet. The other segments were ok but you could just feel it was different than the usual shows. The finale was very short. I don't like when two models walk at the same time as you can't see both very well. I can't recall seeing all the models. The performers did good though! Tyla's strut was just a little over the top.

Vittoria got such a special treatment for a first timer, it was almost ridiculous. Even Rianne I'd say. Two outfits, and opening/closing segments. While other regulars (Jasmine, Josephine, Joan... got only one outfit and went almost unnoticed!).

I'm surprised Elsa Hosk wasn't there.

I liked it but was it worth to stay up till 3 AM? No it was not. They created a lot of hype over nothing

I see everywhere that when a picture of Tyra is posted, many people are outraged and bring up her disgraceful attitude during the filming of ANTM toward models who, at the time, she considered not to be of the desired sizes. Now that she walks the runway when she herself is not that skinny anymore.
I had forgotten about it and tbh I didn’t really watch ANTM, and I was really excited to see Tyra, but the public is mad......

I liked it but was it worth to stay up till 3 AM? No it was not. They created a lot of hype over nothing
As always, I just saw the 10 minutes scrolling every 5 seconds lol.
I totally agree with Valentine27, the reason VS sold was because of the fantasy shows that were unattainable. People don't want to see reality, after all reality is one of the most boring things, we wanted to see fantasy. I miss the 2000s when the VS and HF girlies were divided from one another, HF girlies (most of them) have no charisma on a HF runway, VS girlies make the difference. Imaan deserved to open not Gigi.

I see everywhere that when a picture of Tyra is posted, many people are outraged and bring up her disgraceful attitude during the filming of ANTM toward models who, at the time, she considered not to be of the desired sizes. Now that she walks the runway when she herself is not that skinny anymore.
I had forgotten about it and tbh I didn’t really watch ANTM, and I was really excited to see Tyra, but the public is mad......
And she looked straight from RuPaul's drag race

no one told tyra that were not doing that anymore

its like when the whole class decided not to tell her that dress up day got cancelled.

I saw an interview with someone who was on the costume design team said Tyra was really picky. She didn’t feel comfortable with any of the costumes, and they really worked hard to please her lol

When I mentioned "Surprise final name no one would expect" yesterday it was Carla Bruni by the way!

Overall - much better than I expected. I do wish the newer models had the same incessant, vibrant energy as the OGs, but maybe next year :blush:

I have never paid much attention to VS but this felt flat. Wings looked cheap and those costumes were just hideous. HF girls like Vittoria or Rianne have no business being in a show like this. They are too serious and not versatile enough. Gigi is a terrible model, after all these years she still walks like a drunk person and not even in a cool way like Kate.

What the hell was that first outift they put Adriana in? 💀 kinda insulting on her part tbh. some would argue she's the face of VS and yet so many other girls had better looks. Rianne brought her dead femmebot attitude as if she was walking Vuitton.

Overall it was still great. IDK why some ppl were expecting them to return to how VS shows used to be back in the day. No one does big budgeted production and opulence anymore. This was as good as it's gonna get! And Cher! :heart: :clap:

I have never paid much attention to VS but this felt flat. Wings looked cheap and those costumes were just hideous. HF girls like Vittoria or Rianne have no business being in a show like this. They are too serious and not versatile enough. Gigi is a terrible model, after all these years she still walks like a drunk person and not even in a cool way like Kate.
Many HF girls have no stage presence, including Bella Hadid as well. I didn't realise she closed the show but the special treatment the Hadid girls got compared to Adriana who was the face of the brand is atrocious. Bella looked like a cheap s.. d.ll with that overexagerated posing and Gigi was like the hunchback of Notre Dame. I also didn't like Anok. There'e a reason why commercial and HF is divided people! Different markets!

Overall, it was an entertaining watch. I actually wished it was longer. I appreciate VS having a show that focuses on sexiness again; they're finding their footing and how to position themselves in the post-2010s/SavageFenty society and they have to tread carefully, since they were victims of the 2010s extreme societal shifts. It's interesting they got such a European team - Alt and PGDM - was this always the case with VS? Or is it more of a recent push to get some fashion industry credibility?

The performances were great. The set design could've been better; I'm sure the minimal stage can be attributed to a) budget since you can tell so much of the budget was invested in the casting, performers, who attended, etc. and b) being cautious about cancelled over waste. I think the lack of a stage was so all of the celebrities and influencers in the front row can get a better video/photo for Instagram.

As for the outfits, some were nice, others lacked (I loathe seeing tights/pants though). The casting was actually very good by today's standards. The next generation angels and new faces were stunning (hopefully some learn how to give more, I hope they took notes from Adriana and Behati Prinsloo, sex appeal is energy and confidence too - which is a performance). The veterans looked and were amazing. I hope VS has a more formed idea of who the exact new gen VS women are as time goes on, because I wish the backstage footage had more of the model-on-model interaction. I loved that in the past, the popular VS models seemed like friends. I love Rianne, but she definitely got special treatment because she's a favorite of Alt.

This show seems to be a success though, I look forward to next year's show if they have one.

To me Rianne and Vivienne Rohner looked the most out of place. Rohner, in particular, looked really uncomfortable. And Lila Moss looked out of place, for other reasons.

yeah, but no
as mentioned before, the fantasy was missing, i just skipped through on youtube and got cold watching
too sterile factory vibes and the lighting was way too harsh
not for me -_-

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniel Rg Crandall
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->