UK Vogue May 2006 : Natalia Vodianova by Patrick Demarchelier

Ooo the Elise editorial is so gorgeous! ^_^ That's swayed it for me, I think I might have to purchase!

Thanks so much for scanning Susie :smile: p.s. is there a Natalia V. editorial/article inside or is she just on the cover?

Nope...no edit...probably too heavily pregnant when this cover was shot....

i dont like this cover.....and i was excited at the mention of natalia....:(....
the editorials sound great though....thanks for all your scanning & posting efforts susie...:kiss:....
i will have to pick this one up.....:flower:

maybe I overlooked, but who shot the cover?

i dont think you overlooked it....
shot by demarchelier....

Manuva said:
Natalia reminds me of Eva H alot in that picture.
That was actually my first thought as well. Don't like it. :ninja:

I'm getting this issue, though, for the Freja and Elise eds, if nothing else.

susie_bubble said:
You decide for yourself Hye! :D

Highlights of this issue:

Anglomania - Can't see the exhibition in person so it's a good overview.
As a major New York exhibition celebrates British fashion, Harriet Quick sallutes our nation's blend of satire, style and romance.

The new summer coat
Vicki Woods tries the glamourous new cover-up for size

Shop Girls
Carolyn Asome meets fashion designers' shop-floor ambassadors

Fit for a Princess
Soon to be sold, Princess Margaret's jewellery collection gave her classic look an avant-garde edge.

The Brit Pack -A good intro if you don't already know..
Vogue introduces the biggest new names in British fashion.

Heir Style - Very insightful indeed
There's more to growing up in a famous designer dynasty than having a packed wardrobe. Sarah Harris meets the fashion heriresses.

Happy Anniversary
To celebrate their first wedding anniversary, HRH The Prince of Wales and HRH The Duchess of Cornwall were photographed at their London home, in an exclusive Vogue portfolio by Mario Testino.

Fashion edits:

Kiss Me Quick - Lovely lovely colours....
Promenade the summer away in candy colours, deckchair stripes and breezy sundresses. Photographed by Tim Walker. Elise Crombez.

Couture Stripped - Absolutely beautiful!
Dress down your gown for a throroughly modern take on haute couture. Photographed by Javier Vallhonrat. Freja Beha

The Gathering
Fine fabrics in luxurious layers, pressed pleats and soft folds. Photographed by Lachlan Bailey. Dunno who the model is....

The Next Big Thing
Don't be shy: make a bold necklace your new fashion statement. Photographed by Horst Diekgerdes. Again, no idea about the model (I'm really crap with models' names unfortunately....)

Someone help me out with the last two?

oh please scan a lil part of eds jusr for an example:flower:

alien, susie posted some links in this thread of eds she scanned :flower:

I posted the link to Freja's as well.

I will scan the other two if you want...they're nothing special though.

susie_bubble said:
I posted the link to Freja's as well.

I will scan the other two if you want...they're nothing special though.
yay i`ve seen tnx a lot
maybe nothing special but i`m very curious which models are there ):(blush:

^Ah I have figured out who's in the The Gathering editorial - it's Julia Stegner....I will post them in her thread and post the link here shortly. :smile:

The cover is so fab!! Such a contrast compared to the dull US Vogue with Jen Aniston. However, it's a bit of a shame that they put a Russian model wearing Italian clothes on the cover of the British themed issue of Vogue. There are so many amazing British designers that could have been featured on the cover. Oh well, I just got the April issue so yet another month until I see this one.

KhaoticKharma said:
You would have thought that for the Anglomania issue, they could have at least used a British model. Just not Kate! They use her so much, I would love to see another Lily Cole cover though :crush:

me neither! lily would be great on the cover!!

Sweet rus said:
oh I am in love with this cover:woot: tho it doesn't look like Anglomania issue, more like French:rolleyes:

i agree completely...B)

Here's The Next Big Thing - shot by Horst Diekgerdes, have no idea who the model is....

Gosh...I have scanned the night away....ho hum...ah well, I'd still buy the mag though if you manage to get hold of it! Lots of interesting articles....

I do think the cover is rather va va voom French looking. LA Gant, I agree with you - why not a British designer dress rather than D&G? I can forgive the Natalia thing because a) she looks gorgeous and b) she's sort of a honourary Brit - her husband is British and she lives here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adyczh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->