UK Vogue May 2006 : Natalia Vodianova by Patrick Demarchelier

I kind of see it, kind of don't. Maybe that's because I don't like Eva H that much, but I adore this cover...The pose def is Eva-ish.

Garg, I hate that Canada is soooo slow when it comes to getting magazines. Hell, I only got the April 2006 British Vogue yesterday!

^ I agree. But thanks to all the fantastic tfs members like susie bubble we at least get to see all the best parts as we suffer through the weeks to get our own copy!!

ENGLISH VOGUE may 2006
BEST EDIT: Julia Stegner in very sophisticated, pastel toned evening looks. one of most grown-up Julia edits yet. these pics are brill, like soft easter egg colored versions of Hurrell's dramatic 40s Hollywood portraits. As you know I consider julia far & away the best model of this century & these pics only confirm that. super duper gorgeous & sophisticated edit : rating 9 of 10.

2nd Best edit: Elise Crombez shot in somewhat retro spring/summer/resort looks. there is a delicious retro vibe here, kind of 40s/50s english seaside look, and some innocent candy coloured comic strip stuff too. English vogue is so brill to continue using Elise- shes breath-takingly beautiful still & the fact that shes a little fuller & rounder than many new girls is to her favour- you have got to love elise looking at these pretty images. nice seaside beach stuff too. theres a red white & blue & retro vibe here by walker that compares favourably with his karen elson seaside retro edit in US vogue three years ago. except this is even better & elise in 2006 looks even better than elson in 2003 if u can believe it. another spectacular edit. 8.5 of 10. I LOVE elise!!!!! [there was a Stam red wite & blue UK vogue shoot last year that also dipped into this retro bathing beauty vibe- why is us vogue so bland / frigid with their 19th century liebowitz looks & UK vogue is so hot in its 40s/50s retro vibe??]

3rd best edit: Freja boudoir/dressing room/lingerie girly show edit. this is slightly "dangerous liaisons" feel but also more modern too with the lingerie choices & general style, nice update of 19th century french look with modern sensuality. freja might be her hottest ever here, not only gorgeous but really seductive & potent in the lingerie seduction. another brill edit and much hotter- even without nudity- than us vogue ever dares to go. really sexy & erotic awesome freja edit. 8.5 of 10.

COVER: natalia by demarchelier. superb pin up look on natalia, similar to red white & blue retro feel of elise story here & also stam pin up shoot in 2005, face it when nati vodi is on shes at the top level of girls & demarchelier def knows how to shoot her at that level. great sexy uk vogue cover with that cute red white blue retro pinup feel. great cover, cute & sexy.

VERDICT: another genius issue of uk vogue. three fabulous edits, three fab girls, and a great cover,. an absolutely brilliant may issue BUY IT!!!!! TWO HUGE THUMBS UP!!!!

source: http://the-earl-grey.livejournal.com/

i havent seen such a strikingly glamorous cover in quite a long time! :woot: :woot: :woot:

It took me a while to work it it was Julia S too susie, I don't think she looks very good at all. In some photos she looks completely different, geeky almost and far from what they were aiming for.

natalia reminds me alot of Eva Herzigova in that cover. looks great though, i must say!

aha! Natalia fever is still raging strong!- Seems Vogue is quite obsessed with our young mum.

The face of the cover girl are mostly covered. Don't really like....

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but does anyone have a copy of the picture of Ally Hilfiger on page 181 of this issue that they can post? She looks gorgeous! :D

Has anyone seen this issue in Canada yet? It's a little over due and I am starting to wonder if we will get it. we MUST get it!!!!! :cry:

Kiss Me Quick
Photo Tim Walker
Editor Lucinda Chambers
Model Elise Crombez

overstock-scans.net

Couture Stripped
Photo Javier Valhonrat
Editor Lucinda Chambers
Model Freja Beha Erichsen
Hair Cristiaan
Makeup Tom Pecheux

overstock-scans.net

The Gathering
Photo Lachlan Bailey
Editor Charlotte Picker
Model Julia Stegner
Hair Alain Pichon
Makeup Petros Petrohilos
Nails Helen Taylor

overstock-scans.net

I remember this issue so vividly! The cover is stunning and could be debuted today and would still be smoking hot and eye catching.

Love Freja's Couture editorial and Elise looks gorgeous as always.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julovw
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->