UK Vogue May 2016 : Kate Moss by Craig McDean

The styling is awful, especially on the cover, I've grown tired of seeing her look like she's just got out of bed - lately, even when she is paid to look good she still looks like she can't be bothered.

I wouldn't say this rules her out for the June cover exactly, if they do a group shot, she'll be on it I'm sure.

Although last time we had an anniversary cover wasn't it a compilation of previous covers used to make one cover? Rather than shooting anything new? Let's hope they don't pull something like that on us again.

WOW! After such a long break (for Kate Moss standards) I was expecting something interesting... not another Mango advert...

I honestly, don't get the fascination with her personality... every time she speaks she comes across so uninteresting... I don't get what exactly she brings to the table... for the last 5 years I've been experiencing an endless Kate Moss deja vu...

but she must be really lovely and fascinating in real life...

A rather lazy cover, as soon as I opened the thread I knew exactly how it would look. The image on the right is fantastic however.

^my feeling too. Not expecting anything different from Kate & british vogue. It's so repetitive. I don't get why they keep going this way with her.

Review - 268 Pages.

On With The Show
Cover Star: Kate Moss
Photographer: Craig McDean
Stylist: Kate Moss
9 Photos

Moonage Daydream
Model: Rianne Van Rompaey
Photographer: Colin Dodgson
Stylist: Francesca Burns
12 Photos

Classic Sequence
Model: Anna Ewers
Photographer: Lachlan Bailey
Stylist: Verity Parker
10 Photos (..TOO SHORT)

Earth Angel
Models: Agnes Nieske Abma, Estella Boersma, Alice Metza & Yasmin Wijnaldum
Photographer: Harley Weir
Stylist: Jane How
12 Photos

Depeche Mode
Model: Mica Arganaraz
Photographer: Angelo Pennetta
Stylist: Francesca Burns
8 Photos

Vogue Body/Action Force
Model: Suvi Koponen
Photographer: Charlotte Wales

+ What To Want Now Supplement

Cosmic Girl
Cover Model: Jean Campbell
Photographer: Rory Payne
5 Photos

Vogue Promotion/The Wild Country
Model: Amanda Murphy
Photographer: Quentin de Briey
9+ Pages

She's styled quite a few editorials now, although is the first time she's styled herself?

I like the cover although the styling isn't very Vogue.

They let her style herself for the cover?? I'm sorry, but this obsession with Kate is getting a tad out of hand now.
The rest of the review sounds promising. Especially looking forward to Jane How's editorial.

So how long exactly has it been since she covered UK Vogue? I can't imagine it being any longer than 6-12 months..

December 2014 was her last, I think? A head shot, holding her hair up. Unless I've blanked out a cover since then...

Indeed generic, Kate looks like Sienna Miller.

I love Kate and the cover isn't bad, it's just when you look back at all her covers for Vogue UK over the years they used to be so varied and fantastic, but the past few years they all kinda look the same.

I'm all for Kate, but its appalling to think that Naomi's last British vogue cover was back in 2002, 14 years ago. Simply not acceptable.

People criticise Alt so much (which I think she most of the time deserves) and I am really surprised that Shulman does not get even a half of it. This magazine has been boring for over 10 years now... it's just so beige... I am sick of seeing how all the fun has been gutted out of fashion... it is all bored looking I can't be f... faces... or ugly - once upon a time alternative look at fashion... or pure crazy...

Kate Moss being Kate Moss on the cover of another "Kate Moss" Uk Vogue. How boring!
And she styled herself? Maybe we should just look at all the Emmanuelle Alt's eds she did. I expect Vogue Paris circa 2008-2009.

People criticise Alt so much (which I think she most of the time deserves) and I am really surprised that Shulman does not get even a half of it. This magazine has been boring for over 10 years now...

We criticise Alt because she was one of the most influencial person being at one of the most influencial fashion magazine...

UK Vogue hasn't been influencial for the last 16 years. It has always been this good but average but somehow important edition of Vogue but even with the rise of English Fashion, the magazine didn't get that much attention.

It's funny how much people in London can say that they are progressive and supercreative when their main publication doesn't reflect that.

Say what you want about US Vogue but at least, it totally reflect the state of American fashion/culture.

It's mind-boggling to think that Naomi's last cover for her own country's Vogue was 14 years ago. A bonafide legend with an insane body of work, both in and out of fashion. She's now a legitimate actress and still nothing, but Kate Moss continues to cover the magazine year and after. Someone needs to alert Alexandra Shulman that this is not a good look for her magazine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inafrombaki
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->