UK Vogue May 2016 : Kate Moss by Craig McDean

I just got my issue through the post now and the cover is not very flattering at all. There is something very lifeless about Kate's expression - there's no energy or light in her eyes. It's a shame because they actually left it a while before putting her back on the cover; it's Kate x McDean x Vogue so the result should be amazing but it's just a bit dissapointing. I do like that her arm is coming through the 'O' of the 'VOGUE', it's a small detail but I appreciate it.

Kate's editorial is better than the cover but it's nothing you haven't seen before. The rest of the issue has some nice shots but I must say I'm getting so tired of this dreary, gloomy, lifeless mood in fashion photography at the moment. It seems to be everywhere and although there are some lovely examples of that particular style, I personally would appreciate a bit more variety.

Something has to change soon; I would really appreciate a Carine-like figure to come in and shake things up a bit and get some energy back into fashion. I'm not saying they should emulate Carine's style, I just mean that I want there to be someone to shift things along and get a conversation going, like she did. I would love for there to be a publication that is on par with Vogue Paris during Carine's peak. Right now there are lots of nice publications about and lots of lovely images but the real gems get lost in a sea of mediocrity and thus are not that memorable, at least to me. Maybe I'm just in a bad monday mood :lol:

With every respect for Vogue UK & Kate Moss BUT Vogue UK X Kate Moss is milked WAY TOO MUCH!!

I'm really liking this. The colours/composition works well and Kate always looks good. Iconic.

With regards to Naomi, I can't say for sure, but I think a lot of it has to do with her personality. Perhaps it isn't the same elsewhere in the world but her exploits and attitude certainly outshadowed her work for quite some time here I feel.

People buy Kate on the cover so much because there is that dedicated following who want to dress like her, emulate her, etc. I just don't think Naomi draws that response from readers. Whilst British Vogue does feature models it is generally models who have a celebrity and personality appeal about them that they feel their audience will relate to/buy into. Cara, Rosie etc.

I'm no fan of Kate and I would happily have welcomed more covers with Naomi on them, from a simple aesthetic stance, but I can't say I would have much interest in reading any accompanying article about her.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Naomi is very nice to work with.

Well, yes, there's that too. Not many people are keen on hiring her based on past experiences.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Naomi's terrible attitude would be the reason why British Vogue continues to shun her. I'll also agree that Kate's adaptable personal style and Topshop associations might be the reason why she books so many covers. With that said, I do think it's really a bit much to have her styled like this time after time. Something glamourous wouldn't hurt every now and then.

Kind of lifeless. I'm impressed they went a good 16 months with no Kate though. I bet you anything, she'll be back on again come fall.

I don´t mind Kate as a cover subject but this is so boring imo...
Craig McDean, you can do so much better! :judge:

It's not so bad. It's still better to see Kate than Gigi or Riri.

I don't mind Kate on the cover either. She's a true icon after all. Few models have had the influence she has had or stayed relevant as long as she has. This cover is quite dull though - such a waste..

No one wants to do anything interesting or fresh with Kate Moss. Always that nonchalant rocker babe groupie. Always.

Boring cover but I am so excited for the editorials, the casts seem promising!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The cover is ok, the content is pretty good. Surprise than Kate Phelan & Lucinda Chambers doesn't have editorials on this issue.

Now I'm having a second look at it, I also can't believe a rhinestone studded Rolling Stones tee has made the cover of Vogue. Who knew it was 2002 again.

THIS!

...It's interesting to me in this whirlwind fashion industry pace that we are stuck with editors who haven't tried new things in like 10 years.

I like Kate, but honestly...how much more is there to write about this woman?

^With an impending divorce on the way I believe Vogue UK will surely have another 10 years worth of writing info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inafrombaki
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->