UK Vogue September 2018 : Rihanna by Nick Knight

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by Scotty, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Melancholybaby

Melancholybaby Well-Known Member

Soft Armour (Sarah Burton article)
    Photographer: Anton Corbijn
    Stylist: Poppy Kain
    Model: Adut Akech
    Make-up: Hiromi Ueda
    Hair: Rudi Lewis

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Vogue UK Digital Edition

Hafyiez wafa likes this.
  2. Melancholybaby

Can't Get No Sleep
    Photographers:
    Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott
    Stylist: Alastair McKimm
    Models: Lara Mullen, Kiki Willems & Anok Yai
    Make-Up: Aaron de Mey
    Hair: Paul Hanlon

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    UK Vogue Digital Edition

sixtdaily likes this.
  3. Melancholybaby

There's No Place Like Home
    Photographer:
    Alasdair McLellan
    Stylist: Kate Phelan
    Model: Fran Summers
    Make-up: Lynsey Alexander
    Hair: Anthony Turner

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    UK Vogue Digital Edition

Bahiyya likes this.
  4. Melancholybaby

The Age of Opulence
    Photographer:
    Charlotte Wales
    Stylist: Poppy Kain
    Model: Tess McMillan
    Make-up: Hiromi Ueda
    Hair: Syd Hayes

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    UK Vogue Digital Edition

crmsnsnwflks, ivano, Benn98 and 5 others like this.
  5. GivenchyAddict

GivenchyAddict Well-Known Member

beautiful issue !!!! Thank you MelancholyBaby ! I hope to see a bit less of Fran Summers but she is perfect in "there's no place like home" though.

6. LastNight

LastNight Active Member

I was waiting until my issue arrived before passing judgement on the subscriber cover, but even now I'm still not sure if I like it. On the whole I think (once again) that the newsstand cover is better, but I have a feeling the alternate version will grow on me. I must say I was quite surprised at how low-energy Rihanna looks in her story. She normally brings it in her photoshoots, but something isn't quite connecting for me here.

Overall it's a great issue. The colours in Mert and Marcus' shoot are amazing, they really jump off the page. I also really like David Sims' and Alasdair McLellan's contributions, even if it's the same thing as usual from each of them. Age of Opulence by Charlotte Wales is my favourite of the issue though, it's just gorgeous. I've never seen or heard of Tess McMillan before but she really delivers here, it's so great to see some energy and great posing when a lot of shoots nowadays are so...slouchy.

There are some stunning images accompanying the Sarah Burton article; I especially love the landscape shot with all the tree trunks and Adut in the middle; the pop of pink fabric against the green grass is stunning. I think it's a really solid issue, although I can't really see much that separates it from some of Alexandra's stronger issues (which isn't necessarily a bad thing because she did have some real triumphs in her time) but I am surprised at how much #NewVogue resembles the Vogue that came before.

7. mikel

mikel Well-Known Member

Wow! All the editorials are quite stunning!!! Thanks for posting them!

8. kokobombon

kokobombon Well-Known Member

Look at M&M going back to their awesome roots! my favorite editorial from this issue, followed closely by Wales´ :)
    Thanks for sharing!

9. EstefaniaAbaddon

EstefaniaAbaddon Well-Known Member

I wish Anton Corbijn's ed was all in black and white. He is a master in black and white and that single picture has an amazing power.

LOVE Charlotte's editorial! Who's Tess McMillan?! She's fire! Love everything about it!

10. Les_Sucettes

Les_Sucettes Well-Known Member

The "Age of Opulence" is fabulous, the rest, nothing to write home about.

amby likes this.
  11. dontbeadrag

dontbeadrag Well-Known Member

This is absolutely amazing. No words!

12. TaylorBinque

TaylorBinque Well-Known Member

Charlotte Wales came through!!!!! And this Tess needs to get more work because girl is on fire!

13. Miss Dalloway

Miss Dalloway Well-Known Member

Wow easily the best issue from Edward, he really brought it for Sept. Well done.

14. HeatherAnne

HeatherAnne Well-Known Member

Fran Summers in a autumn themed Yorkshire shoot is pretty perfect, not going to lie.

Miss Dalloway likes this.
  15. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Well-Known Member

Surprised at how good this issue turned out to be, there are some astoundingly gorgeous photographs in here: The second shot of "The Age of Opulence", the shot with the red cape in Corbjin (I just rewatched "Closer" and have to agree that his masterful in B&W), Fran in front of that waterful in McLellan's.

Rihanna's edit falls a bit flat and I cannot help but feel that Sims' is too US Vogue despite the fact that Grace's styling is a bit edgier in this one. M&M's edit is cool...but it would've been cooler in 2007, I don't feel the individual shots are as strong as the ones in other similar edits they've done throughout the years, Anna Ewers August 2014 VP cover edit for example or Razzmatazz with Anja Rubik for Love.

Hopefully this a sign of good things to come for this magazine and september issues in general.

16. bluestar

bluestar Well-Known Member

Love "There's No Place Like Home" "The Age Of Opulence." Both are stunning editorials. I think I'll be buying this issue :heart:

17. Fiercification

Fiercification Well-Known Member

Did Edward hack into American Conde's RM Shared to find the file 'How to do a September issue for Vogue on Autopilot'? It's not an awful issue, but it's generic as hell. Surprised to see people here so enthralled...

David Sims edit looking like a reject from US Vogue (before it became pure sh*t), M&M's not quite there yet editorial and Alasdair's same editorial he's been doing this entire decade (love Fran though). Then you have Corbijn's story. Don't get me started...it's a bloody big deal to get Anton to shoot a fashion story full-stop, so why pair him with a nobody stylist like Poppy Kain? Even if this was essentially a McQueen advertorial. That story should have been Grace's.

Oh well, this will probably be better than most other Septembers we see, probably miles above i-D under Anna Wintour, I mean US Vogue.

MulletProof likes this.
  18. TheoG

TheoG Moderator

The Age of Opulence, easily the best editorial I've seen out of any September issue so far.

Miss Dalloway likes this.
  19. amby

amby Well-Known Member

The Age of Opulence, like it so much!

20. lewak

lewak Active Member

Charlotte Wales has been a favourite of mine for a couple of years now. Her films for American Vogue have been fab. Her POP covers and stories are always strong. Very pleased for her.

Will definitely buy this issue – and for a lot more than $2. Lucky Brits!