US Elle September 2010 : Julia Roberts by Tom Munro, Alexei Hay, & Carter Smith

I hate the subscribers cover with a passion, similar response to the photo with her legs spread apart - guffaw.

I have to say, how for Elle, the covers look quite good.

I really like the newsstand cover where Julia is smiling. I just love to see her smile!

the very first cover posted in this thread is good; but the rest really, really suck.
not good.

I really don't mind the covers, I mean they aren't the prettiest in the world but I actually like the nude colored cover it looks so simple and elegant.

Her covers aren't any worse than the average Elle cover. Oh well.

julia is definitely no model, but i think her best covers/editorials come from michael thompson...
she has a rapport with him because they are friends, and she opens up more in photos...i remember some stunning covers she did with him for w, vitals, and allure...

this looks like the work of carter smith, who is trying to make her too "fashion-y," and she's just not like that...

She is a very striking person with strong features and a lot of personality, sometimes that doesn't come across in her photographs. She isn't a fashiony celebrity, but I think that is part of her charm. They should have chosen an image that wasn't attempting to turn her into something she isn't. I am partial to this photo - she seems comfortable and completely herself.

28ilzip.jpg

Image Credit | Elle

I love that cover where she's stabbing a watermelon. It's such a striking shot. Very un-Elle-cover-like but gorgeous.

There's nothing exciting about this, Julia looks washed out. Regardless of her having a movie out, she's not right for Elle.
Or at least she doesn't look comfortable for Elle. None of the covers standout. The newsstand ones look thrown together.
The first newsstand, wearing Dolce, is it? Looks terrible. The dress isn't flattering for her at all.

None of the covers standout. The newsstand ones look thrown together.

Maybe I'm biased against Elle, but that's always how their newsstand covers have looked like to me. I don't get what's so bad about this particular issue. :lol:

First newsstand cover is so Elle, second one isn't suitable for the cover and third one is OK, best one among others.
There're coming more than 20 covers of her for international Elle editions in September, so we'll be seeing lot of reprints of the newsstand covers I guess.

The first newsstand, wearing Dolce, is it? Looks terrible. The dress isn't flattering for her at all.

I agree 100%. It's...shockingly bad, that image. I do like the close-up of her face, and the third cover seems pretty typically Elle but yeah, the first cover is atrocious.

Julia, while being a true movie star, imho, is no cover girl. She is beyond stunning in motion to me, but her beauty is never fully captured in photographs. Cover i like is the one with the white blazer, the rest is rubbish!

The only time i ever liked her cover's was the ones she did for HB in Tilberis era, it was stunning, but then Liz always got it right.

The covers are all underwhelming. Oh well...let's see what's inside. That's what counts.

There's nothing exciting about this, Julia looks washed out. Regardless of her having a movie out, she's not right for Elle.
Or at least she doesn't look comfortable for Elle.

I totally agree. I don't like the covers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beautydoll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->