US Vogue January 2020 : The 'Vogue Values of 2020' by Annie Leibovitz

Love the cover! I love Stella and I’m a huge supporter of her so it makes me happy. It’s so weird because I wouldn’t mind seeing designers on the covers as opposed to some pointless superstars or instagirls...
For some reason, I was prepared to see Stella, her father and her sister...Not her kids.
Yes, Stella is the fashion force and the only credible voice in her field. She has been since her Chloe days...
And Unlike some brands we all know, she has always let her work do the talk. Her clothes were good, well made and desirable before being about sustainability...Not the way around!

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Kerby Jean Raymond or Tom Ford as the others forces.

I hope we will not see Kris Jenner and her daughters...

I hope we will not see Kris Jenner and her daughters...

The thought crossed my mind that she could get one of the covers. I don’t even have an issue with her or her family, but I really hope they choose more interesting and less overexposed subjects.

Last edited:
They probably released this so soon because they plan to slowly reveal other covers every few days, which is not a bad PR strategy. I do wonder if all 4 covers make it to newsstands...

Maybe Cardi B will get a cover

Imagine if there were other female designers and Stella changes her caption to “First female designer cover to be revealed”

but if she were that gutsy, maybe she knows that she’s the only designer

Reactions: KoV
Yes, also doubt there will be other designers. With this shock casting, it's almost impossible to predict who will get the rest. Maybe a political figure or model, someone new in the music industry, and an actress?

Please, NOT Cardi B!!!

Maybe a political figure or model

I'd love to see Vodianova with her children. I feel like she'd be the most obvious model choice considering she's one of the very few models to get a cover in the past like 10 years (who's also a mother). It could also be Kate and Lila or Cindy and Kaia but that's more of Edward's gig. In an ideal world, I'd book Gemma Ward and her children. Who knows, hopefully we'll get a pleasant surprise with the next three cover choices!

It´s SO DRAB ! Come onnnnnnn, this big beige coat does nothing, the image looks bad, just a bunch of kids and a designer supposed to be Vogue´s environment champion to say that they are FINALLY taking this issue seriously lol like please !

Stella's cover should be the only one. It's perfect. Gorgeous kids.

I'm very curious to see the other covers.. It says creative forces, role models and mothers and the theme is Vogue values which are "Diversity, responsibility and respect for individuals, communities and for our natural environment".
Stella "covered" natural environment, so I think we will see some advocates for the other things mentioned. It could be Christy Turlington with Every Mother Counts, Natalia Vodianova with her foundation, Hanne Gaby representing the intersex community (I'd love that), or Indya Moore!

This is really pretty. I love the photo of the family. It's so natural yet unusual. Everyone looks beautiful too. Also, I had no idea she had four children, but that is so awesome!

First those delightful Ethan James Green covers and now this unexpected beauty (despite me not even giving a rats about Stella McCartney). I simply cannot deny that's a beautiful portrait of McCartney and children, which works wonderfully for US Vogue and reminds me of the magazine's glory days.

Here's to hoping the three remaining covers are just as pleasing!

Imagine it’s Blake Lively and her kids :ninja: as much as I don’t like her, I’m actually quite surprised Anna hasn’t given her a cover for a while

I'm not charmed in the least.
I'm sick of the whole 'family album' horse $h**.
Vogue UK with the Beckhams, Vanity Fair with Teigen and Legend's kids, Bazaar with the West-Kardashians and now this!!??
Give it a fricking rest already.
I get so irked when celebrities parade their under age children like this and then complain if anyone says a critical word about the kids.
I'm done with it. It's as bland as that beige coat.

Imagine it’s Blake Lively and her kids :ninja: as much as I don’t like her, I’m actually quite surprised Anna hasn’t given her a cover for a while

There was a random - but very specific - question about Blake Lively's style in the latest Ask Anna video that I thought was odd, so it could be possible. Does Blake qualify as a "creative force", though? Would actresses, singers and models be in this category?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->