US Vogue May 2021 : Amanda Gorman by Annie Leibovitz

Great shots. SUCH a shame the colours they've used on both covers just don't work - there's not enough contrast, they don't pop enough or compliment the images well. The warmer red and orange tones from the dress on the first cover would have been lovely instead of green.

Interestingly, I think the last time we saw green cover lines on US Vogue was back in 2009 with Cameron Diaz on the cover. It's pretty uncommon, I remember reading somewhere that green writing doesn't perform that well on the newsstand - I can understand why.

Nice images though, and it's good to see a new and unexpected face!

The first cover needs less text otherwise it’s absolutely gorgeous! Never heard of this person and I’m already a fan!

That's... different. It doesn't look like something I would initially associate with a US Vogue cover, but it's not bad. I am not familiar with the cover subject, but she's very beautiful and I particularly love the first portrait in the tribal dress (which I am surprised to see is a Louis Vuitton!), although the second one feels much more US Vogue. I would say I'm intrigued to see more, but considering what they've been publishing for the last year and a half... I really am not.

I love the second cover! The colors remind me of May 2007 issue. First cover is too busy though.

I actually love these. I love how the first cover is unapologetic.

However the second cover is the best! The best cover I've seen from them in months! This second cover is quintessential US Vogue. The green is an eyesore, but I reckon it's a different shade in real life.

One thing's for sure, Anna's playing the game.

I can't believe after the inauguration so many are unfamiliar with Amanda Gorman. I love these shots, and they only further more make me wish/resent that Annie didn't shoot Kamala's cover.

I like the 1st cover but LOVE the 2nd one :heart:
can´t believe they´re by Annie, no cliff in sight :stuart:

The second over is such a winning attempt at a full body shot. So effortlessly gorgeous, which is what this magazine was about until recently. Plus the colours are easier on the eye and calmer than the first one. This is how I want them to handle non-fashion subjects. Give them the same fashion edge they'd give celebrities.

Vogue must've worked at warp speed to be the first fashion magazine to cover her. They weren't going to have another Kamala Harris situation, lol. Congrats!

I have to admit I am lazy and never bothered watching her poem at the inauguration as I’m british, but think these are gorgeous covers and it’s nice to see someone new, a gorgeous new art direction and a genuine talent on vogue (even if we all predicted it months ago)

really sweet video of Amanda showing her mom the cover and editorial photos

Ugh, her voice once again bowls me over! :heart::heart:

This is cute. Few things.....her editorial preview looks REALLY good, the spine looks REALLY thin - 150 pages?, and I'll just bite my tongue about Virgil. Seriously, there are other black designers to celebrate!

Aw, the revealing video is so sweet! Don't like the green either but both covers are gorgeous and very Vogue US indeed.

I DO really miss fashion. Hopefully they'll feature REAL editorials.

On the second cover I have flashbacks of Beverly Peele :wink:

How lovely to see her on the cover.

Both cover is stunning. I love the first cover, so elegant and regal. She look like the queen. the green text just compliment the dress so well. The second cover is a Vogue Us classic. When Annie deliver she's just deliver.

The cover is stunning, now the contents better be good because I won't tolerate a good cover being waste for ugly contents.

Interesting she wear LV menswear and not womenswear.

vogue.com

Okay this is stunning, the best Annie work in the long time. Like really long time. There is not a single picture that I didn't like. But it's too short.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->