US Vogue May 2021 : Amanda Gorman by Annie Leibovitz

She photographs really well. Gorgeous shots.

I do think it’s too soon for her to be getting a Vogue cover but hey, when the results are that gorgeous, why the need to question?

Is she like the first poet or public figure associated with the literary world to be featured on the cover of US Vogue?

Well I eat my words. Did not expect a cover so soon. Both covers are fantastic. In love with the first cover. It looks so regal and African.

Anna really redeemed herself after the lacklustre April issue. Annie definitely was the right choice here; love both covers.

Gorgeous covers. She photographs beautifully.

Love the first cover! And such a great editorial...

This may be unpopular in this thread, but the neon green color accentuated the first cover and
I totally love it!

Kudos to Vogue USA and Anna herself for finally stepping out from their usual cover aesthetics.
I'd love to see more colors and more people who are pertinent and relatable to people like Amanda.

This is unexpectedly good. I generally expect something like this to never turn out that well, but everything came together from photographer, styling, and amanda herself. I do hope the editorial isnt that small and that there more images because if there isnt that would be very disappointing.

I like the second cover more and love the photo of her on the ed wearing the white dress.

Beautiful covers and they are very coherent with Vogue’s indie aesthetic. It’s fresh but at the same time it’s what we have been used to from Anna for the past 2 years.

It’s good to see that Annie can chill on the photoshop!

Amanda looks great but I’m surprised to not see her in custom Prada...

To see the name Armani on the cover of Vogue in 2021 for no particular reason is not something I expected...

I absolutely love both covers! Amanda looks beautiful in both and I agree crmsnsnwflks, the green totally works for that first cover!

I can't believe after the inauguration so many are unfamiliar with Amanda Gorman. I love these shots, and they only further more make me wish/resent that Annie didn't shoot Kamala's cover.

I mean I'm American and I didn't care enough about the inauguration to know who she is, so I don't expect anyone non-American to know...

Second cover is classic.

Neither of the covers do it for me, but I'm able to appreciate the shrewdness of Anna Wintour in selecting Amanda Gorman as Vogue's cover girl, after such a celebrated appearance at the inauguration.

I'm sure she means something else but the idea of Westchester or Santa Monica as her 'village' made me laugh a bit.

Not into any of the covers, I'll blame it on that Virgil Abloh touch... and I find her poetry annoying.

*wait, editing this: can someone break down for me the meaning of Armani making an appearance in the cover? is it a white flag or.. am I way behind the news? didn't he have some beef with American Vogue? where's Lola? :lol:

Last edited:
I'm sure she means something else but the idea of Westchester or Santa Monica as her 'village' made me laugh a bit.

Not into any of the covers, I'll blame it on that Virgil Abloh touch... and I find her poetry annoying.

I did not even realize it was Virgil! Personally I do like the dress but I do wish it was designed by a female POC designer like Wales Bonner or even Pyer Moss and Kenneth Ize!

Is she like the first poet or public figure associated with the literary world to be featured on the cover of US Vogue?

Amanda confirmed that is the first poet on the cover.

Interesting styling, that LV is a blanket not a dress. GKJ need to keep her styling in this direction. Also Anna like white Dior couture on her covers lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->