US Vogue May 2023 by Annie Leibovitz

Bella missed her 3rd US Vogue cover. I forgot already how many has Gigi now.

I belive this is her 5th cover for US Vogue.
I think Anna likes her more than Kendall. I mean, we still remember she was replaced by Kim last year. Anyway, I don't remember a model rejecting a Vogue cover, but if it's a health situation it's the best choice. I'm curious about who replaced her. The less Lagerfeld girl here is Anok, but I don't care much because her modelling skills saves the day. Would have been more radom if they put Hailey or Paloma and I'm sure they wanted that, ha, because both are Anna's darlings.

The Sacai look is the only one really on point. Simone Rocha's wasn't bad either. The rest were pretty bleh/ick.

Ahh just saw on her post I guess she was ill with her “chronic lyme” aka a tooth infection
It's both because it's a flare up, they're not exclusive to lyme disease but any chronic illness, which will always be impacted by the immune system, which in turn is impacted by stress [from the more conscious, 'freaking out about work/money' stress, to the less manageable one that stems from battling another illness, pain, allergic reaction, you name it]. To give you an example, I get pretty bad migraines a couple times a year, if I don't act as soon as I start feeling it, no amount of ibuprofen will bring it down and the pain tends to be so bad that it's always followed by an IBS flare-up and within a day or so: a fcking cold.

I think she left her root canal infection untreated and was probably taking painkillers to keep going.. which is stupid but also very common, most people feel something in their teeth and proceed to ignore it until they're in major trouble..

Anyway, mediocre cover. They're all Anna's strategic choices that have everything to do with Vogue's agenda on numbers, commodity activism, social media submissiveness, her eternally vanilla understanding of beauty, and so little to do with Karl.

That being said, Chanel under Karl was a gigantic snoozefest in his last decade. The Aschenbach-Tadzio dynamics in his castings, where you wouldn't see the end of his obsession with some really charmless model [Baptiste, Brad Kroening and his son]... I don't miss that. He did have a very defined vision of the Chanel woman right till the end, from Ciara Nugent and Anouck to Grace Elizabeth and even Lily Rose, they all had that elegant, flapper-ish vibe that made it instantly recognisable, but we all know that for a project like this, he would've delivered that and squeezed Brad's son right in the middle. :woozy:

What I really don't understand is Naomi lol, that's just random as hell. I can't imagine someone seriously thinking 'what about.... Naomi?', so I'll just stick to my conspiracy theory that she has some political dirt on the industry's major players, and that's how she forces herself into every project where she makes absolutely no sense and is not needed and is out of theme but that she firmly believes she needs to pee mark like a cat and be a part of to teach the new generations but especially the new models, who is in command and who needs to approve them first lol. More than iCoNiC, she's the Karen of modeling who does succeed with the manager every single time..

Underwhelming cover.
Steven Meisel could have done better.

Is the eds. Also a shared content with other editions?!

It's both because it's a flare up, they're not exclusive to lyme disease but any chronic illness, which will always be impacted by the immune system, which in turn is impacted by stress [from the more conscious, 'freaking out about work/money' stress, to the less manageable one that stems from battling another illness, pain, allergic reaction, you name it]. To give you an example, I get pretty bad migraines a couple times a year, if I don't act as soon as I start feeling it, no amount of ibuprofen will bring it down and the pain tends to be so bad that it's always followed by an IBS flare-up and within a day or so: a fcking cold.

I think she left her root canal infection untreated and was probably taking painkillers to keep going.. which is stupid but also very common, most people feel something in their teeth and proceed to ignore it until they're in major trouble..

Anyway, mediocre cover. They're all Anna's strategic choices that have everything to do with Vogue's agenda on numbers, commodity activism, social media submissiveness, her eternally vanilla understanding of beauty, and so little to do with Karl.

That being said, Chanel under Karl was a gigantic snoozefest in his last decade. The Aschenbach-Tadzio dynamics in his castings, where you wouldn't see the end of his obsession with some really charmless model [Baptiste, Brad Kroening and his son]... I don't miss that. He did have a very defined vision of the Chanel woman right till the end, from Ciara Nugent and Anouck to Grace Elizabeth and even Lily Rose, they all had that elegant, flapper-ish vibe that made it instantly recognisable, but we all know that for a project like this, he would've delivered that and squeezed Brad's son right in the middle. :woozy:

What I really don't understand is Naomi lol, that's just random as hell. I can't imagine someone seriously thinking 'what about.... Naomi?', so I'll just stick to my conspiracy theory that she has some political dirt on the industry's major players, and that's how she forces herself into every project where she makes absolutely no sense and is not needed and is out of theme but that she firmly believes she needs to pee mark like a cat and be a part of to teach the new generations but especially the new models, who is in command and who needs to approve them first lol. More than iCoNiC, she's the Karen of modeling who does succeed with the manager every single time..
Not to descend into medical talk, but I only called hers out as quack as she and her mum are lovers of “alternative medicine” and chronic Lyme isn’t a recognised condition but anyway…

agree I love Naomi but her constant placing everywhere is getting tired especially here where she has never struck me as someone Karl particularly liked lol

I just realized that Chloe didn’t get a cover. It makes sense for the Lagerfeld brand to not make it to the cover but I’m surprised Richemont didn’t applied pressure!

Tbh, the best thing about the Naomi and Karl relationship was when he made her wear a giant fur coat for the Fendi FW1997 show after she posed for her PETA campaign!

I love Karl but that would have been the best reason for me to love him lol!

As much as I disliked Karl Lagerfeld, it is lovely to see a tribute to his massive contribution to fashion. I think the editorial is phenomenal, especially in the way the looks are kind of a part of the architecture - as if Lagerfeld’s spirit has settled into the walls of the city.

The cat. :tearsofjoy::yellowheart:

I also normally dislike Thom Browne’s work, lol, but his look for the tribute is amazing.

Meanwhile, that other ed is going to give me nightmares. Some of the pics are so visually unsettling, lol.

Annie's photoshop is horrendous, but that's her style of photography making the offering sufficient. For the cover, the majority of the models' beauty doesn't appear to be anything to aspire to, with the exception of Adut and Natalia. The editorial is lovely, but not exceptional.

The Pavarotti editorial is stunning and pure fashion. Anok appears to be a muse of his.

Rianne just like Freja has always been irrelevant to US Vogue and Anna. Daria escaped fashion and I commend her for it, hopefully she stays strong.

Given the moment, the only model that is a surprise to not see here is Kaia Gerber.

As for the peanutt gallery:

Do you think this is an interview for the Chanel job? The best looks were from chitose abe and thom browne.

chanel should pick John simply bc of its anti semetic heritage - but also because hes the best couturier in the world.

He liked her but love her would be exaggerated. However she was a Fendi and Chloe girl from the 90’s. And for some reasons she was always invited in Fendi events and was a friend of Eric Wright (Karl’s right hand man for years). But really if they wanted to include more black girls Karl worked with, Joan Smalls would have made sense as she was a Fendi and Chanel girl in the 00’s or even Tami Williams who was really a Karl’s girl.

Also girls like Kimora Lee or Brandi Quinones
Really? Bella bring here would make even less sense than gigi
well she was kind of a Fendi girl so it would've made sense

karl said he regretted making kimora famous so it makes sense she's not here. IIRC he called Kimora a fashion victim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->