US Vogue May 2023 by Annie Leibovitz

Transformable into... someone with the same haircut, the same hair colour, the same beauty styling, the same facial expressions. You would be hard pressed to find any image of her where she didn't look like the same person just in a different set of clothes. Even Cindy Crawford was occasionally styled in a tomboy manner.

I went online and did a search for 'Claudia Schiffer wig' to see if there was a vast body of work that I'd forgotten about, and I don't remember the Lagerfeld shoot for Stern Fotographie in 2010 where she's in blackface with an afro (amongst other shots). Imagine this happening today!

So I take it all back.

2p8cmjf8

(ashadedviewonfashion.com)
Thank god that in the 2010’s people in France became aware about the history of blackface and racism/colonialism and it imagery i because that stupid photo among others things is very triggering.

Happy for Quannah having her own editorial in American Vogue! Must be for the Just One Thing section.

184 pgs

Annie’s ed (22 pages)

Pavarotti’s ed (14 pages)

Adwoa Aboah & Devyn Garcia by Zoe Ghertner styled by Camilla Nickerson (6 pages)

Quannah’s ed (6 pages)

+ Lina Hidalgo by Annie Leibovitz

Last look is Jill Kortleve by Norman Jean Roy in custom Marine Serre dress inspired by Karl, maybe it’s the look Bella supposed to wear if she didn’t get sick?

a lot of special tribute to Karl Lagerfeld ads by various fashion brand ( a lot of Karl sketches!)

^ looook indeed and that's why she hasn't pulled ANYTHING good in the last 10 years lol

^^^ Eh. She and Edward, and their minions will say anything at the moment to hustle whatever their bluechip advertisers need them to. Don’t hold her nor any of them to any high standards anymore: They’re all just door-to-door salesmen wearing designer rags.

The current Spanish Vogue also includes all the complete stories of this issue, and a healthy 268 pagecount, to boot. Sure, you have to suffer the Emily Ratjakowski cover LOL but her story is actually very solid. Quannah's story is my fav— so chill and casual. Too bad it’s only a mere 6 pages.

Transformable into... someone with the same haircut, the same hair colour, the same beauty styling, the same facial expressions. You would be hard pressed to find any image of her where she didn't look like the same person just in a different set of clothes. Even Cindy Crawford was occasionally styled in a tomboy manner.

I went online and did a search for 'Claudia Schiffer wig' to see if there was a vast body of work that I'd forgotten about, and I don't remember the Lagerfeld shoot for Stern Fotographie in 2010 where she's in blackface with an afro (amongst other shots). Imagine this happening today!

So I take it all back.

2p8cmjf8

(ashadedviewonfashion.com)
LOL! Just busted out LAUGHING

KARL LAGERFELD - A CELEBRATION
Photography:
Annie Leibovitz
Styling: Alex Harrington
Hair: Jawara
Make-up: Fara Homidi
Models: Natalia Vodianova, Gigi Hadid, Naomi Campbell, Anok Yai, Shalom Harlow, Kendall Jenner, Liu Wen, Adut Akech, Amber Valletta & Devon Aoki

US Vogue Digital Edition

SHORT CUTS
Photography:
Zoë Ghertner
Styling: Camilla Nickerson
Hair: Tamara McNaughton
Make-up: Homa Safar
Models: Adwoa Aboah & Devyn Garcia

US Vogue Digital Edition

There are special campaigns paying tribute to Karl in this issue

that last image of Karl in the video :cry: there will never be another one like him :heart:

I had no idea of the Photoshop with Natalia and Karl, those videos are great for those behind-the-scenes secrets :smile:

Just not understanding why it was necessary to keep the space heaters in the shots. Was it just laziness of removing the red reflection from the dresses in post, so they decided to keep the red tones and the space heaters?

^ on the print issue, the white block with the barcode and price is in that lower left corner, and the heater is less noticeable. Probably sounds like I'm reaching, but I swear it was my first thought when I looked at my issue, because online it looks imbalanced. In print, the space felt more filled up and had there been a model in that space, she'd have been cut off by the barcode.

KARL & ME
Photography:
Rafael Pavarotti
Styling: Amanda Harlech
Hair: Eugene Souleiman & Soichi Inagaki
Make-up: Ana Takahashi
Models: Sora Choi & Anok Yai

US Vogue Digital Edition
Now this is what we want to see!!! and its by Amanda ! long time working and friend

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->