US Vogue October 2015 : Lupita Nyong'o by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

The edito with Lupita Nyong'o is gorgeous.
A shame that the layout of the cover and the background are so dull. Like it was already last month with Beyoncé. Strange.

Lupita's ed is so beautiful. I can't deal with those editorials by David Sims. It was cool time ago, but now, are pretty boring and repetitive.

After Beyonce's nightmare of a September cover, I would've appreciated Anna selecting the alternative shot from the 'Letter from the Editor' page as the cover, which just oozes the timeless elegance of US Vogue. This particular cover doesn't excite me whatsoever and I can't see ANY signs of Mert & Marcus' typical aesthetic in Lupita's cover story. They must've seriously watered themselves down for Anna!

Andreea injects a whole new dimension into David Sims' story, but Raquel's modeling is second to none. The rest of the issue looks seemingly mundane. Oxymore, thanks for the HQ's! :heart:

That wig on Trentini is hideous. She looks like a teenage boy.

Vanderperre's ed is nice. That shot of Alisa is gorgeous. Can't believe they did that to Dylan though. Much prefer to see her face instead of Hollie May's.

Let the Sunshine in
Photographer:
Mario Testino
Stylist: Tonne Goodman
Model/Celebs: Michael Kors, Lance Le Pere & Gigi Hadid
Make-Up: James Kaliardos
Hair: Orlando Pita

vogue.com

oh gosh, that editorial is beyond the pale, as creative said total snoozefest.

Rouge Nation
Photographer:
Patrick Demarchelier
Stylist: Phyllis Posnick
Model: Grace Hartzel
Make-Up: Diane Kendal
Hair: James Pecis

worldmags

I really feel that Caroline Trentini in US is becoming extremely tiring and boring. Look at that ed by Testino. :shock::blink: How many times have we seen that jumping-and-in-shock expression on her? And this is not fun. I'd rather see another model doing the same pose/expression for a change (we know that's Anna's formula for eds).

Last night I was flipping through this year's Vogue US and found that Trentini was in 7 out of 9 issues (8 out of 10 including this issue)...-_-

WOW! way to push your layout/design team to the next level with that uber original beauty spread!

I am consistently let down be their design team, the lack of editorial content which inspires me to look at and put clothes together with fresh new eyes, humdrum models and even duller celebrities/designers on repeat.

where is the pizzaz? images which grab you, and stay with you, creates a lasting impression and makes you dream? certainly not in this issue, this magazine.

forums.thefashionspot.com/showpost.php?p=13242627&postcount=276

I really feel that Caroline Trentini in US is becoming extremely tiring and boring. Look at that ed by Testino. :shock::blink: How many times have we seen that jumping-and-in-shock expression on her? And this is not fun. I'd rather see another model doing the same pose/expression for a change (we know that's Anna's formula for eds).

Last night I was flipping through this year's Vogue US and found that Trentini was in 7 out of 9 issues (8 out of 10 including this issue)...-_-

As much as I agree with you re Trentini, I think there are very few girls out there who can really master these US Vogue jumping/movement features. Maybe only Karlie, Raquel and Edie, and perhaps Tami Williams (her last one with McDean looked quite good). They've actually tried it with many other girls - Doutzen, Lily, Natasha, Isabeli etc etc, and most recently Anna Ewers and Grace Hartzel, who ended up looking terribly awkward, like a bunch of broken marionettes. So I can see why they keep going back to Caroline.

Speaking of Grace, she looks really striking in the beauty shot above! The best I've ever seen of her.

How many pages are there? I saw a few copies on Instagram and it doesn't seem thick enough for the season's second most important issue.

HQs without text

Beyond the Pale
Photographer: David Sims
Models: Edie Campbell, Raquel Zimmermann & Andreea Diaconu

photocouture-show.com

Pure Sims...love it! Thank for sharing, Oxymore!

Lord, that is one horrific statistic. And to think that it's been over a decade now that Trentini's been appearing in near consecutive Vogue issues. Has there ever been any other model in the history of US Vogue that has appeared this frequently and consistently? I think not.

Well... Carol T is my personal friend, so, I love when someone put a review w/ Trentini inside any fashion magazine, Vogue US in particular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellbendcat69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->