US Vogue Special Edition April 2016 : Kendall Jenner by Mario Testino

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
kendall_jenner_overlay.jpg

vogue.com

Ah, so I suppose this would rule out Kendall for a main issue's cover then...? I'm not 100% sure I even understand what the Special Edition issue is to be honest.

^This particular Special Edition is for New York/Los Angeles subscribers of US Vogue, packaged with the main April issue.

If it doesn't generate much interest, I'll merge with the existing Rihanna thread. Just thought to avoid confusion and generate interest, I'd give the cover it's own thread. Vogue's website has the entire cover story up!

The only thing that grabs my attention is her belly button. So big! :o It's sort of disturbing.

That Proenza(?) thing is quite ugly too.

Special Edition? So now they are following in the VF path? Why?!! Who needs these issues?!!

She looks gorgeous though, and it looks like a June/July cover, such a strange choice to have her for this, i guess it rules her out for the actual cover in June?

I REALLY like the cover image, But I will say the cover and editorial is the best she has looked in US Vogue.

So I'm guessing she was the first choice for the April cover and they decided last minute to call up Rihanna? I'm confused about Special Edition especially when they're only sold in NY and LA.

Also, this means no June cover for her?

Instead of making this a special edition they should have just made Kendall the April COVERGIRL and saved RiRi for May or June.

Last edited by a moderator:
And here I was, thinking she really wasn't going be a part of Vogue this April.

Here is the editorial. I'd say this is the best she has looked so far.

vogue.com

I like her, but... she is surprisingly AWFUL at modeling. This is easily the best she's ever looked but it's still amateurish at best, which is surprising.

OHMYGOD! iconic. this is amazing for her, the society and for models everywhere.

Oh, hell no! I guess it was about time she got one.. the outfit is really ugly though :sick:

So. Boring. Just like the cover story. Apparently this was shoot during NYFW, after the Marc Jacobs show. If I'm not wrong, rumours of her shooting the June cover were a little earlier..? But it doesn't make sense.

I guess they didn't have confidence to put her in the real cover, and hopefully it means she won't be getting it anytime soon. Awful pictures, she really has absolutely zero presence.

effect to who? she propably has 64 millions followers but, only 64 thousand do like... :sick:

I knew that Anna would not give her cover...she looks gorgeous on the cover! Easily her best cover to date.

She couldn't look any more basic and ordinary. I'm not even trying to throw shade, this is just truly pathetic.

Interesting. I saw this posted on Vogue's Instagram and was confused because of Rihanna's April issue. Thanks for explaining this. In my mind, I can't equate success in fashion with the number of IG followers but the industry seems to gage it as such. Delevingne, Kloss, Hadid can also attribute social media to much of their success, but there are also some models that use it extensively (Like Coco Rocha) where it doesn't exactly equate to success in the form of multiple ad campaigns and editorials for them. Sorry to digress, but I'm trying to understand this new era in fashion. And btw, KJ's success doesn't bother me in any way. In fact, I think she's very pretty and looks great on this cover.

i love the cover

but when she smiles...it's so not HF it's a little teen mag style. they should remove those shots :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->