Vogue Italia May 2016 : Caitie Greene by Steven Meisel

Not sure about this cover, but like somebody wrote here. Meisel is Vogue Italia.
I'd love to see a Cover by Norman Jean Roy

i love that blumarine dress
that's it but i am glad it's a real model on the cover at least :smile:

I always say there are no leaders anymore and this is a result of it. You have Franca, whose only asset has been giving Meisel total control of the magazine (sorry for being reductionist!); and you have Meisel, a total legend whose time is long gone but tries to stay fashionable (although he fails).

What you said about Franca is so spot on. I like her but with the times and now that Meisel have such a body of work, we may actually wonder "WHAT VOGUE ITALIA DOES STAND FOR"?
What was a sign of bravery (to give such a power to a photographer) seems today as a sign of laziness from Franca.
Meisel made that magazine.

American Vogue covers always looks like American Vogue. No matter who is the photographer, you can tell that "This is US VOGUE"! The same can be said about the boring French, UK or even Japan Vogue. A VI Cover without Meisel does not look at all like a VI cover.

I don't know why but there's something very serene about the cover and very intriguing as well. It tells a narrative IMO. If I saw it on the shelves I'd want to open the magazine and see the cover story.

^not Vogue Portugal but Vogue Ukraine did a VI cover for May better than VI in a long time :mrgreen:

Shoot me, but this is a let down after last month. I think it's time Meisel cut his ties permanently with this magazine. Not sure what's going on here. A 1915-era maiden who ended up on a sportsfield?

Gridiron maiden :wink:

This spring cover isn't rife with stale ideas that other magazines recycle. A true Meisel reawakening. Can't wait to see the entire story.

This looks like an outtake of MM's youth issue for me

New Thought New Vision
Photographer:Steven Meisel
Fashion Editor: Olivier Rizzo
Make-up:Pat McGrath
Hair: Guido
Set Design: Mary Howard

Models: Ally Ertel, Amelia Rose Akerhielm, Caitie Greene, Casil McArthur, Clare Larsen, Connor Newall, Estella Boersma, Finnlay Davis, Isabella Emmack, Kit Butler, Mad Manning& Selena Forrest

Vogue Italia 05/2016 Digital Edition

There you have it, a glorified ID/Dazed youth-centric editorial. Nice to see Ally Ertel though.

Women.Lara and Freja
Photographer: Peter Lindbergh
Models: Lara Stone & Freja Beha Erichsen
Fashion Editor: Clare Richardson.
Hair: Odile Gilbert

In The Mood For Lightness
Photographer: Paolo Roversi
Models: Amalie & Cecilie Moosgaard, Estella Boersma, Julie Hoomans, Odette Pavlova, Peyton Knight, Ross, Yasmin Wijnaldum
Fashion Editor: Jacob K.
Hair: Luke Hersheson

Meh. The main editorial is doing nothing for me, especially the styling - there is only one styling trick being used which gets tiring by the third image. I also wish the Roversi editorial was shot on location as opposed to in a studio.

Vogue Beauty
Photographer: Michel Comte

The Lara & Freja editorial would make a stunning cover. And the cover story looks so boring, Meisel lost his magic.

The main ed.... hm....

What you said about Franca is so spot on. I like her but with the times and now that Meisel have such a body of work, we may actually wonder "WHAT VOGUE ITALIA DOES STAND FOR"?
What was a sign of bravery (to give such a power to a photographer) seems today as a sign of laziness from Franca.
Meisel made that magazine.

American Vogue covers always looks like American Vogue. No matter who is the photographer, you can tell that "This is US VOGUE"! The same can be said about the boring French, UK or even Japan Vogue. A VI Cover without Meisel does not look at all like a VI cover.

I totally agree with you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porcelainbackbone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->