Vogue Paris December 2019/January 2020 : Virginie Efira by Mikael Jansson

Are they no longer doing special editions for Dec/Jan?
No idea who this woman is, she's beautiful btw, but the cover is very generic. As in, a quiet week for Elle France.

No idea who this woman is, but she looks great for 41years old! Nice to see someone of localised fame to promote them. A very Alexandra Shulman thing to do! Haha.

She’s not even French, she is Belgian, some local comedian, tv host, cover-worthy for gala, French glamour November issue or Belgian elle, gosh really, what on earth can she represent for vogue paris? What vision? Her insta is full of her red carpet looks in bad quality... she’s not fashion at all. That’s just nonsense...
seems like they trying to enhance their sales on local market and focus is shifted from worldwide to local.

Who even? Not really interested. Quite a beautiful portrait, though. I thought it was Lea Seydoux at first, but I don't see the resemblance anymore lol

After umpteen covers from Alt with the same faces, I can appreciate the sight of someone new on the cover of Vogue Paris but I also have absolutely zero clue who Virginie Efira is (did immediately think it was Kate Moss upon first glance - or Sofia Richie).

Nevertheless, I'm a fan of how festive and glamorous the cover feels for a December/January issue (finally). Yes for the Veronica Lake hairstyle, the sequins, the glove and pose from Virginie.

This is precisely the sort of beauty styling that I adore above all else... yet this looks really weak and disappointing, like someone deciding to cosplay a Hollywood siren for a ten minute youtube tutorial, complete with cheap effects.

If I hadn't seen her episode of Call My Agent! on Netflix, I'd never know who she is... But I think the cover looks lovely and festive.

If I hadn't seen her episode of Call My Agent! on Netflix, I'd never know who she is... But I think the cover looks lovely and festive.

I've been meaning to watch that show for months, thanks for reminding me!

This does look like Elle indeed. I expected an issue guest edited by an interesting, big name so I'm afraid I'm not impressed.

I’m beyond shocked!
This is literally the first time that VP has a celebrity that has a real mainstream popularity as a cover woman.
There’s nothing elitist about Virginie Efira and it’s a real statement for VP...
Don’t get me wrong: Vanessa Paradis, Sophie Marceau, Charlotte Gainsbourg or Catherine Deneuve are popular and big but they have that aura of elitism around them.

She is not a fashion person, she is not recognized for it and I don’t think she has any relationship with fashion brands and I think it’s cool...

I wonder if Alt is not taking notes from Edward and Anna. This kind of makeover that will make people notice a person or have a celebrity gaining a real fashion credibility is a first under Alt.

I kinda like it! The cover is chic, safe and festive...

I don´t know who she is but I like the festive look and photography.

Virginie Efira on the cover of Vogue Paris. Now that's a shock! Never thought I'd ever witness this! Incredible and quite unbelievable to be honest. I'm very happy for her. She's a great actress and a beautiful woman. Finally we get someone drastically different. The cover slightly reminds me of Lara Stone for Vogue Czech last year. I'm so excited!

She doesn't even have a verified Instagram. Lol

She's not even on social media. How amazing is that? It doesn't prevent her from being on the cover!

Last edited:
No idea who she is, and i watch Call My Agent & love it! (don't remember her) But what a dismal cover for Holidays, sigh. So dated, it's not even funny!

Virginie Efira on the cover of Vogue Paris. Now that's a shock! Never thought I'd ever witness this! Incredible and quite unbelievable to be honest. I'm very happy for her. She's a great actress and a beautiful woman. Finally we get someone drastically different. The cover slightly reminds me of Lara Stone for Vogue Czech last year. I'm so excited!

She's not even on social media. How amazing is that? It doesn't prevent her from being on the cover!

Well if she is not on social media, that's enough elitism some people are asking for hahaha...

I like this picture, on VP ig account they describe her as the Jennifer Aniston of France...i think it's refreshing to see her face and the cover looks festive enough...it's safe but it's ok not every month a fashion magazine needs to revolutionize everything...

It looked more like a cover done by David Sims...

Forgot to say this but with Vanessa Paradis releasing a new GH album, hope it comes a feature on her...

Clara Luciani could be another face Alt could take in consideration, she is becoming quite popular...

Well if she is not on social media, that's enough elitism some people are asking for hahaha...

I like this picture, on VP ig account they describe her as the Jennifer Aniston of France...i think it's refreshing to see her face and the cover looks festive enough...it's safe but it's ok not every month a fashion magazine needs to revolutionize everything...

It looked more like a cover done by David Sims...

A lot of French celebrities don’t have IG...
It might sound a bit weird for people outside of the country but here, some of the most popular stars don’t have IG as they are quite often visible on television.

I wouldn’t even call her a French Jennifer Aniston. Yes, she has that girl next door appeal but She was a TV host first. She became an actress and with all due respect, she has shown more range than Jennifer. She is much more than romantic comedies.

She is very ELLE and not so much VP. That’s why seeing her on the cover is so great. A lot of French actresses are very ELLE but for example, you have Isabelle Huppert who is very VP but who never had a cover.

I would love to see Virginie Efira as the face of Saint Laurent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaue23204
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->