Lappel Du Nord

Photographer: Chris Colls
Stylist: Geraldine Saglio
Hair: Cim Mahony
Makeup: Petros Petrohilos
Manicure: Julie Villanova
Cast: Edita Vilkeviciute

Vogue Paris Digital Edition

Everything looks on point, the photographer-theme-model combos are all working, the styling is good, a really solid issue.

Besides the several flaws (same casting, same theme, etc), VP is the best Vogue imo.

I am not fond of Alt at all but things are always luxurious and always appealing. I don't want to blame her to stick to the same formula because the other Vogue editions are also on autopilot or trying too hard.

Vogue Paris is positively so far removed from the other editions, it is almost comical.

Emmanuelle is one of the few who still remembers what the Vogue brand should symbolise. In the words of another, lesser editor: "This is Vogue. Let's lift it."

It’s flawless to not say faultless. It’s not « perfect » per day but it’s everything that I love: glamour, grown-up fashion and no denim.
It’s so rare to have this all perfectly lined-up at VP that I’m beyond excited. This is the perfect team: every editor styling one ed!

‘Best issue of December...

Anna, Edie, Edita... I'm so glad to see those wonderful faces once again. Excellent casting, excellent photographers and excellent results! Fantastic issue and I can't wait to get a copy for my collection. This is Vogue, b*tch! This is luxury that the name should represent, this is fashion! Not those indie abominations. VP remains the only Vogue that actually matters today because everyone else simply s*cks.

A pretty good issue. I don't expect anything from Emanuelle, but this issue at least feels classy and elevated, unlike most other contemporary magazines, which have become like the print equivalent of that awful North Face puffer jacket - promoting ubiquitous boredom and "street" vibes. I like every story here.

'Il était une fois' is particularly glam; I don't really like costumey styling, but I just can't not appreciate some well shot images strong on narration. There are some fantastic individual images there, like the one of Anna in the bath.

I used to be so excited for Vogue Paris and now i’m just like incredibly bored ALL the time. The themes, covers, casting and styling is always so similar. I really hope they add someone the masthead who can really shake this magazine up. When people buy print issues they want something incredible to look at every time. I miss the guest edited issue. Gosh i’m so BORED. Anybody else feel this?

Gosh i’m so BORED. Anybody else feel this?

Yes, absolutely. Not with Vogue Paris, though. I eat them up every month no matter what, they give me this feeling of glamour that initially made me fall in love with fashion - all of their gorgeous models (although repetitive, I like recognising faces on pages of magazines) and fantastic photographers. Obviously it's not what it used to be, but right now it's the closest to what I'm looking for in fashion.
However, everything else is boring me to death. At times I get frustrated, that's especially during Fashion Week every season because no one's even trying. Models are lifeless and giving absolutely nothing, clothes are looking like stuff you buy at the local mall. There's no show, no grandeur. It's all dead!
When it comes to magazines I get even more frustrated because that's a whole new level of tragedy. There's no standard anymore, everything looks as cheap as Grazia and they all look the same. Models, once again, absolutely lifeless and horrible. Sure, they're mostly gorgeous faces giving body-ody realness but they can't pose to save their lives. They give the same pretty face in every shoot, stand still and look pretty and that's it. And then they get the Model of the Year award for all that. It's impressive how standards dropped so drastically, I can't undertsand what happened. The only thing we have left is hope... hope that things get better in the future.
As for photographers... I can't even. All the well-renowned greats turned out to be sexual predators, the ones that weren't stopped trying and just went on autopilot. The new names aren't even worth remembering! The only one I even care about is blatantly ripping off all the previously mentioned greats. God, we're in such a tragic state! I could go on and on but it's pointless really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xyzdoll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->