Vogue Paris December 2019/January 2020 : Virginie Efira by Mikael Jansson

I'm biased but I loved October, for Laurijn. First issue I bought in many years. And November was quite nice also, different aesthetic for Vogue Paris.
I would say Vogue Paris is not as tragic as Vogue Italia :D

Of course not, i guess people are unhappy because of Alt's choices and her lack of diversity on themes, teams and style....

Ignoring the atrocious font that they used, it's actually quite a gorgeous shot. Very festive.

This same theme has been done before by Vogue Paris. Meh.

I'm biased but I loved October, for Laurijn. First issue I bought in many years. And November was quite nice also, different aesthetic for Vogue Paris.
I would say Vogue Paris is not as tragic as Vogue Italia :D
The problem with VI is the lack of identity and consistency...
VP has a vision and an identity but there’s a clear lack of diversity in their way of approaching the themes. That has always been the strength of VP, even before Carine...It wasn’t such a linear vision. That’s why Barbieri is such a treasure for the publication. She breaks the same old formula of Emmanuelle.

You're right. VP has a vision and aesthetic but always ends up recycling their formulas.
It seems they are changing it slowly but surely.
Only time will tell, I guess

I've just received the issue!

Review -

Miss Vogue "L'appel du Nord
"
Edita Vilkeviciute by Chris Colls

Virginie
Virginie Efira by Mikael Jansson

Il était une fois
Anna Ewers by Charlotte Wales

Idoles
Edie Campbell by Alasdair McLellan

^That seems very underwhelming.
Thanks for sharing though :flower:

Odd that the issue is out before we've even seen the previews. Usually it's the other way around. Not meaning you've nicked your issue @Valentine27 , just saying. Lol.

I've just received the issue!

Review -

Miss Vogue "L'appel du Nord
"
Edita Vilkeviciute by Chris Colls

Virginie
Virginie Efira by Mikael Jansson

Il était une fois
Anna Ewers by Charlotte Wales

Idoles
Edie Campbell by Alasdair McLellan

Thanks for the review! your comments on the issue?....what's exactly the thing the Virginie edited?...looks like the same old contents of any issue...

I'd say it's not a big issue, but at least it's concise and solid content. I might be biased because I'm pleased to see Virginie take on the cover, so it might add a little excitement, but she looks good in this exercise and am curious to read her personal notes and get to know more about her.

A few previews -

My snaps

Last edited:
Can I say that for the first time in a long time I’m actually impressed by what I’m seeing from VP?
This looks promising so far!
It’s nothing really new but it looks very fresh! Good cast and « Il était une fois looks good! ».
It’s very womanly and seductive...
I’ll buy this issue!

From the preview I think it's safe to assume there is no jeans in this issue:lol::clap:

I really like Miss Vogue..it seems sophisticated.

Can I say that for the first time in a long time I’m actually impressed by what I’m seeing from VP?
This looks promising so far!
It’s nothing really new but it looks very fresh! Good cast and « Il était une fois looks good! ».
It’s very womanly and seductive...
I’ll buy this issue!
I was going to say the same thing!

The previews look quite excellent!

Virginie’s editorial is very compelling! What a rare quality in any photo story coming from a magazine these days! She’s fantastic in front of the camera and it’s all quite chic looking.

Anna’s editorial is good fun and Edita’s and Edie’s looks great, too.

I remain seduced by French Vogue's production values, but it shows how deprived we are of womanly/sensual fashion imagery when a standard version of what we used to see seems pretty great in comparison to everything else that gets produced these days.

Don't get me wrong - I'm really looking forward to this issue. But when I get the issue home, it's going to sit alongside older Vogues that'll make this look like a filler month, never mind a themed celebration of... something.

Virginie’s story has an unmistakably classic Helmut Newton vibe to it. The imagery is really nice in mood, just that the styling feels lacking— almost barren. It has attitude but lacks energy.

The other two stories are too costume-y for my taste: Anna doing Marie Antoinette and Idoles with its tribute to 60s-70s film icons is too on the nose.

Emmanuelle is best when she’s OTT-energized. This all feels a tad depressing— like the hangover issue after New Year’s Eve, and everyone's left-- and stole all the clothes.

Virginie Efira's editorial is great. I'm excited to have an HQ of her shot in the animal-print fur coat
Anna's editorial is different for her and this is exciting. That opening shot is so seductive. Love it

Love the previews!! It all looks interesting and glamorous, which many Vogues are lacking these days.

I'd say it's not a big issue, but at least it's concise and solid content. I might be biased because I'm pleased to see Virginie take on the cover, so it might add a little excitement, but she looks good in this exercise and am curious to read her personal notes and get to know more about her.

A few previews -

My snaps

Thanks for the previews! looks promising and very sophisticated...

Vogue Paris December 2019/January 2020

Virginie

Photographer: Mikael Jansson
Stylist: Emmanuelle Alt
Hair: Damien Boissinot
Makeup: Hannah Murray
Manicure: Brenda Abrial
Cast: Virginie Efira

Vogue Paris Digital Edition

Vogue Paris December

Il Etait Une Fois

Photographer: Charlotte Wales